How do idols suck at dancing after years of training?

• I‘m not going to name drop, even though I have several in my mind.

And it’s not really my intention to shade either, but it just boggles my mind that there are idols out there who have trained for 5 years or so and still can’t dance at all.

I personally suck at sports, so I cannot expect others to excel at dancing, of course, but looking at how lacklustre some idols dance after years of training I sometimes wonder what they do during all those years

And it’s not really my intention to shade either, but it just boggles my mind that there are idols out there who have trained for 5 years or so and still can’t dance at all.

I personally suck at sports, so I cannot expect others to excel at dancing, of course, but looking at how lacklustre some idols dance after years of training I sometimes wonder what they do during all those years

lol ya gotta name drop after all that. I wanna hear some tea, even if it's my faves, i can take it. I might disagree but i can take it.

As for your point, to be a proficient dancer still takes natural physical ability. Training can only help you fulfill your potential, but if your potential is limited by your body, then...

Although if you're basing this on a music show fancam here or there, i dont think it's quite fair. Those idols are getting up at 2 in the morning and staying at the studio for god knows how long, and doing it 5x a week for 2-3 weeks. They are bound to be tired a fair bit of time.

• lol ya gotta name drop after all that. I wanna hear some tea, even if it's my faves, i can take it. I might disagree but i can take it.

As for your point, to be a proficient dancer still takes natural physical ability. Training can only help you fulfill your potential, but if your potential is limited by your body, then...

Although if you're basing this on a music show fancam here or there, i dont think it's quite fair. Those idols are getting up at 2 in the morning and staying at the studio for god knows how long, and doing it 5x a week for 2-3 weeks. They are bound to be tired a fair bit of time.

Once again, I don’t expect them to be at a proficient level, not at all.

As I said, I suck at sports and I know that it’s a huge struggle to become physically fit if your body is holding you back.

I‘m just saying that I’ve seen certain idols which I know for a fact have trained for years and who still consistently suck at dancing, not just based on one Fancam.

And I do think it’s possible to improve. Wendy only trained for 2 years and was initially very bad at dancing, but she improved significantly over time, so I do think one should be able to go above being terrible

• because they train them to repeat and perfrom a secueal of movements, not to be dancers. Some idols are there because they can reach a note, other because they can make some dancing better than other, other becuase they look good. If you get a good idol they will be able to do more than 2 of those looking good. If they are great, they will do it with art (the difficult card)

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• because they lack natural talent, and although dance skill is more a result of training compared to singing, you still need a little bit of talent or natural rhythm to excel.

idols are humans, not robots that you can program to do anything

• How do idols suck at singing after years of training ?

That’s also a valid question, but since I don’t know shit about learning how to sing I didn’t want to comment on it lol

• U mean suck compared to other idols that are good in dancing :beehaw:

They still dance better than us so i don't consider them to suck at dancing :pepe-shrug:

The same could be said about singing or rapping even after years of training :wellr:

No, I actually don’t mean it in comparison to other idols. What some of them are doing cannot be called dancing imo, since they sometimes barely move their bodies

• Some people just can't dance that well. There are several vocalists who are passable dancers... they can nail the choreography, but are noticeably more stiff and less natural than the members in the group who are better dancers.

Like I love Taeil to pieces, but he's there to sing his heart out and that's ok. He shows up and he puts in his best efforts. Sure he can't move as fluidly as Mark or Taeyong, but he tries. He knows all the steps and he stays on beat and that's more than some people can manage. :pepe-annoy:

• Some people just can't dance that well. There are several vocalists who are passable dancers... they can nail the choreography, but are noticeably more stiff and less natural than the members in the group who are better dancers.

Like I love Taeil to pieces, but he's there to sing his heart out and that's ok. He shows up and he puts in his best efforts. Sure he can't move as fluidly as Mark or Taeyong, but he tries. He knows all the steps and he stays on beat and that's more than some people can manage. :pepe-annoy:

That‘s fair, of course, but I know some examples where this case does not apply.

And I do not expect them to be perfect at all, but some idols look terrible on stage. I think that if you suck at dancing you should redeem that with something else

• Yeah I've definitely created a similar thread to this before and I still don't get it. :sweatr:

The stories about trainees practicing hours everyday and yet some of them can still barely dance. I can sorta understand their weak vocals since that's more about innate talent but dancing is possible for anyone to learn.

The only explanation I can come up with is that their training sucks and that there's just a lot of wasted time. I think a large part of trainees' practice is self-training, no teachers present. Not sure why, it seems terribly ineffective, and at least bigger agencies could afford giving their idols real lessons.

• Not every idol has the same training tho. If your position is that of a vocal you will spend more hours there and not training to be a dancer. Also not everyone is the same lol some people lack co ordination skills, have poor sense of rhythm etc you can only train your body so much when you have no natural affinity for it. Also the age at which you start training plays a big role.

• Gonna be honest. I have never seen an idol who was just HORRIBLE at dancing.

I have mostly seen idols who are not great at dancing, but good enough to do the choreo and not look too out of place with the rest of the group.

Also, dancing is a skill you have to constantly train. Most of the good idol dancers are dancers who have been doing it since they were kids, and they are still honing their craft and taking lessons. If you don't care about being good at dancing and only care about being able to keep up with choreo, then of course your skills won't progress.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Gonna be honest. I have never seen an idol who was just HORRIBLE at dancing.

I have mostly seen idols who are not great at dancing, but good enough to do the choreo and not look too out of place with the rest of the group.

Also, dancing is a skill you have to constantly train. Most of the good idol dancers are dancers who have been doing it since they were kids, and they are still honing their craft and taking lessons. If you don't care about being good at dancing and only care about being able to keep up with choreo, then of course your skills won't progress.

I guess you haven’t seen Hyewon dance, then. I love that girl, but she’s an atrocious dancer lol

• I guess you haven’t seen Hyewon dance, then. I love that girl, but she’s an atrocious dancer lol

Probably when by herself, but when watching IZ*ONE's performance, she never stood out enough for her dancing to be a problem. But now, I'm gonna go watch some lives and compare since you named names lmao. :pepe-hehe:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Probably when by herself, but when watching IZ*ONE's performance, she never stood out enough for her dancing to be a problem. But now, I'm gonna go watch some lives and compare since you named names lmao. :pepe-hehe:

I actually wasn’t talking about Hyewon, since she never really trained to be an idol to my knowledge. I just wanted to provide an example for someone who sucks at dancing

• The idol training system is broken, that's why idols who have claimed to train for 5+ years still lack in a lot of places. There's no answer for why certain idols (Lia, Shuhua, Seungmin, Hyewon) cannot dance or lack in dancing, some might say that that idol is a vocalist so they don't need to be good at dancing, but kpop is all about choreography, and companies are obsessed with dancing, so why do some idols still suck? I guess we'll never know. Just like idols who can't sing (Twice, Lisa, TXT, Hyewon etc) yet claim to have trained for almost a decade. It just doesn't make sense. Either companies don't train their trainees properly or they just debut anybody who has a rich family and connections. There is no real answer.

• The idol training system is broken, that's why idols who have claimed to train for 5+ years still lack in a lot of places. There's no answer for why certain idols (Lia, Shuhua, Seungmin, Hyewon) cannot dance or lack in dancing, some might say that that idol is a vocalist so they don't need to be good at dancing, but kpop is all about choreography, and companies are obsessed with dancing, so why do some idols still suck? I guess we'll never know. Just like idols who can't sing (Twice, Lisa, TXT, Hyewon etc) yet claim to have trained for almost a decade. It just doesn't make sense. Either companies don't train their trainees properly or they just debut anybody who has a rich family and connections. There is no real answer.

Exactly. Sometimes I really wonder what idols do during all of that time.

I do know that it takes time to build skill, but some idol‘s level is unacceptable based on how many years they have trained.

And some cannot even redeem themselves through their stage presence. That’s when it gets even more sad

• i think a more substantial issue is rather than dancing a lot of idols these days aren't that good at singing, which the most fundamental piece of kpop music, after years of training or experience.

• I actually wasn’t talking about Hyewon, since she never really trained to be an idol to my knowledge. I just wanted to provide an example for someone who sucks at dancing

Yeah, but I feel like the fact Hyewon even made the group tells you why some idols never improve. They don't have to. Especially if they are a visual. As long as they can play whatever their role is in the group, then they don't have to necessarily be good at the other things.

Like, as bad Hyewon was at dancing, she served the function she was there for.

I don't know which idols you are referring to specifically, but that's probably why. Dancing isn't their specialty, and they probably are not actively trying to improve if they are THAT bad. Hyewon's excuse was that she literally had like 4 months of training (if that), and they were like, "Go, Queen". I refuse to believe anyone else who is bad has been training for years and still consistently hones their dancing and are still bad lmao.

• I think for the same reason why lot of id0l rappers are wack..because their hearts aren't in it and they are literally just "going through the (assigned) motions".

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• If they do the choreo without any obvious mishaps, they've done the job and if still remaining in the group, they probably meet the company's expectations.

• Like how do they suck at Dancing?

Are you talking about Technique or Expression?

As an example....

TWICE's Momo easily has the best Dance Technique but she loses out at times to Sana and Jihyo when it comes to expressing a particular Song that suits either member

and tbf, sometimes they seem worse then they are because of who they’re with. Like you could be a solid to pretty good dancer but look shitty if you are next to phenomenal dancers. I often think this in NCT. Taeil and Doyoung are no Taeyong or Mark but they’re actually better dancers than some people in other groups that I can think of.

You only have to watch people struggle to cover NCT’s choreo to realize Taeil and Doyoung are actually doing pretty good there.

Also, if you watch the nugu groups that perform at the start of any music show, you realize just how much higher the caliber of dancing is in the top groups..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Diets. A kpop idol is not in regular condition, they're severely weakened by a diet, having to retake performances several times, and have to have stage presence + often sing too, and often on very little sleep.

Some people have no natural rhythm. Bom confessed to this, she constantly missed beats and is known to be the worst dancer in 2ne1.

• The vast majority of idols are only there for their visuals not for their skill, that's also why they are called idols and not artists. In the vast majority of groups there is only one member who really has a talent above the norm.

If you are visual then at least work on ur dancing? Build up your stamina? Less diet, more calories burning into muscles? It is much healthier approach. Better than resting on ur visuals for the rest of your life

:pepe-tea::pepe-tea::pepe-tea:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• If you are visual then at least work on ur dancing? Build up your stamina? Less diet, more calories burning into muscles? It is much healthier approach. Better than resting on ur visuals for the rest of your life

:pepe-tea::pepe-tea::pepe-tea:

Company don't care about this they just want lovely idols which appeals to the audience. Look at the choreos and the outfits of the GGs for the most part, they are not very difficult choreos, everything is in grace and "seduction". It's the same for male idols.

So yes there will always be one or two bands that won't do that and will break away from it all but the vast majority won't. The companies put everything on the visual and don't care about the talent.

Who will have the audacity to tell me that the 30M views under this fancam are due to the talent of the idol? Most of the views are there because people find her sexy not cause she's skilled. :pepe-tea:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I could give a similar example with a BG but I don't know them well, but basically it's the same thing, I'm not going to highlight the topics on this forum that talk about the abs of male idols.

The kpop industry is all about visuals and looks. Not about art or talent it's about a small handful of idols only those things.

• there is no excuse for some of these idols to be bad at dancing when they lack vocals

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I guess you haven’t seen Hyewon dance, then. I love that girl, but she’s an atrocious dancer lol

reality shows groups tend to be more focused on popularity rather than debuted when all members have good training so I think the idols who suck at dance are probably in those groups :/

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!