How hard it must be for IDOLS...

• I was just thinking recently about this topic.....

How hard it is to be an idol?

You have to start training at a very early age, perfecting your skills.....

You don't get enough sleep, exhausting and non-stop practice....

You have to maintain your diet... Which may lead to you eating less (depending on what is expected of you).....

Then you spend hours preparing for debut, attending music shows in hopes of showing the world the best performances... If you're in boygroup, chances of getting a digital hit is impossible in first 2 years.... Your only hope is to build a fanbase who is willing to spend tons of money on your physical albums....

Then you have various problems :-

1. Sasaengs :- Imagine being jet lagged and you get mobbed at the airport, which may result in you getting hurt.

Your privacy is at stake every second. You can't go anywhere freely without being stalked. There is no normal life for you.

2. Dating :- You can't even LOVE someone publicly. You have to keep it private otherwise you will lose majority of your supporters. Once you're exposed, your either forced to leave the group or your group suffers from your "actions"

3. Woke dumbasses :- Over analysing everything you say.... And twisting your words and creating narratives which may harm your image.

4. Hyenas :- Falsely accusing you of serious offences.... This one pisses me off.... Poor idols, going through shit they don't even ask for.... Nor they deserve.

Even after all that, you have to keep smiling, you have to not show any anger or frustation over any of this, because you will be called "attention-seeker" And "Crybaby" Etc.

I wonder what those idols must feel? They must have been so stressed all the time. Constantly at the fear of getting their career screwed by the smallest mistakes....

I hope every idol achieve success and be happy.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I think any kind of fame must feel so stifling at times, in spite of the perks and privileges.

For idols, the main kicker is that it’s so hard to have normal loving relationships without being judged. That’s the sort of thing that most people really NEED so that they have some sort of normality to retreat into in order to weather the rest of it.

I really hope that that part of the culture shifts with time so these young people can date and form relationships as they wish to and need to.

• Exactly. Wonder why those who nitpick and psychoanalyze idols' every move just to prove they are bad people and should be canceled (even if they apologized for offending anyone they're never forgiven) consider the pressure they put them through and how much of it affects their "problematic" behavior. Every time I go to Twitter I see something like "Why x idol is problematic thread;"

lt64IYu.gif

• I think any kind of fame must feel so stifling at times, in spite of the perks and privileges.

For idols, the main kicker is that it’s so hard to have normal loving relationships without being judged. That’s the sort of thing that most people really NEED so that they have some sort of normality to retreat into in order to weather the rest of it.

I really hope that that part of the culture shifts with time so these young people can date and form relationships as they wish to and need to.

Yes, Exactly. It's weird even while talking about.....like we are at the point where we have to ASK to normalize dating..... It's very odd

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Exactly. Wonder why those who nitpick and psychoanalyze idols' every move just to prove they are bad people and should be canceled (even if they apologized for offending anyone they're never forgiven) consider the pressure they put them through and how much of it affects their "problematic" behavior. Every time I go to Twitter I see something like "Why x idol is problematic thread;"

Exactly. Their anxiety must be going through the roof... poor idols.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• What i wonder is how they deal with life after their career with the group ends ? you have idols at age of 26 doing to almost no activities imagine going from a hectic schedule where you're barley able to sleep to zero activities, how do they deal with that ? Usually people start a career in their twenties and you have idols having their career ending in their twenties

• It's not only for musicians ... many other types of celebrity also have problems

I recently watched a video of an actress who became a youtuber trought being at home since COVID and she spoke about her problems as an actress.

She mentioned:

• As a woman its harder to get casted/scouted when you have too long hair because it will be often out of the frame and sometimes covers too much of your body if its not styled like a ponytail or bun etc.
    • The staff will take longer to style you so it's a waste of time and money to hire you with that long hair
    • As soon her hair was chin-lenght she got 10 job-offers as actress and model within the first week after she cut her hair, they were not caring how she looks like or how good or bad she acts, they just saw she was more fitting now since her hair was shorter. This is why you will never see an actress with hair that goes from the lenght till her boobs
    • She also adressed a few more things realated to hair and that she became very depressed and insecure from being rejected so much till she cut her hair off

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I do appreciate the effort these idols put into perfecting their craft. Their abilities are usually unparalleled.

The problem comes from the fact that kpop companies take a lot of the idols free will. They think of Idols as product and not artists, so they sell them as such. That gives fans the idea they own these people and that leads to the innumerable problems listed.

• What i wonder is how they deal with life after their career with the group ends ? you have idols at age of 26 doing to almost no activities imagine going from a hectic schedule where you're barley able to sleep to zero activities, how do they deal with that ? Usually people start a career in their twenties and you have idols having their career ending in their twenties

They have a hard time adapting, you see people are habit forming so after that type of routine for so long,they get used to it. This creates issues like anxiety when suddenly they no longer have to do it anymore. Plus since most idols start out at a young age some as young as 12. They are often socially handicapped, because they have had no normal upbringing, they find it difficult to interact with regular people, they have no experience with school or any other job. Think about the sheer panic you'd feel if you studied your whole life on one job and had to quit or retired after a short while doing it, you sit there Wondering what to do, and find out you have zero skills and experience doing anything else but being a idol. How do you make friends or form relationships when you barely have the capacity to understand human relationships, as their relationships when training and. Debuting is artificial, the agency or manager does most of the work. This is also why idols can be coerced into doing anything or listen to staff even if they are doing something wrong against them, because to the idols the manager or staff technically raised them,they are like parents to them this is even true in the most successful idols, certain crap staff have done to BTS and the members Just accept it without protest or challenge. This is mostly a subconscious thing people do, just like say you hurt your leg on the table, watch how after you recovered,even without you knowing, you automatically move around that object without thinking, your mind and body adapt and says " I don't want that again" so you have learned behaviors you aren't aware of, until maybe a friend of yours observes you walk a wide circle around the object and says hey why'd you do that?

• Every celebrity sphere (modeling, acting, music, etc) is hard tho and have its pros and cons and hardships, it's not only kpop, entertainment sphere in overall only looks like all funs, giggles and expensive lifestyle. And u didn't even touch more dark side of this buisness, like prostitution, sponsors, etc. The only thing which makes it harder for kpop idols in comparison to other celebs is their image and dating/private life. Although image, of course, is important for everyone, especially nowadays when 'woke' ppl can dig in and cancel u for smth not politcorrect or inclusive or accepting u said 5 years ago and every public figure more or less controls what they say, do and show (unless they build career on scandals), but idol need to be too 'clean' to the point that when ppl find out idol did smth normal human would do it becomes a scandal. Also their private life, idols are the only celebs who openly sell boyfriend/girlfriend idea to their fans, if idols were allowed to date or at least to freely talk about dating if asked right from the start then their life would be like a life of any western celeb and the necessity to hide their partners wouldn't be such a big burden to them (unless idol is not straight, of course, but that's another story)

• even with all that some idols still choose to be idols...which is interesting is are they aware of such things beforehand when they sign up to be an idol or not?

and if they aren't because they're still children (or otherwise) do their parents know or not...hmmm

• They are PASSIONATE.

probably...like many other artists or sports people etc

i always think that you should be free to choose your path in life but be aware that that path may carry very severe consequences should you fail or not succeed...

like people that go i wanna be an actress in hollywood i'm like great but are you aware of all the downsides and negatives

• There is actually a few clips in the Rise Of Bangtan that I really found disturbing. Jin is doing a vlog and he said one of the staff call him either fat or a pig. This was when BTS was getting ready to debut. Jimin of course as a pre debut teen was obsessive about his weight. Then there was another clip of an idol group and right now the name escapes me during a radio interview telling the host they were so weak from dieting that they were hooked up to IVs to finish their schedule.

Seriously fucked up shit. I see time and time again where idols congratulate each other on how slim they can become.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!