Korean music artists that aren't apart of the KPOP industry but release Korean music?

• What are some Korean artists that are considered to be Korean singers/instrumentalists but aren't considered to be a part of the actual K-POP industry?

Basically, you can list anyone whose style of music isn't akin to KPOP. K-rock, K-rap, K-bands, sole OST singers, etc.

In this video, listing "top 5 fastest kpop rappers" the first place went to Tymee who was wrongfully labeled as a KPOP idol when she's a Korean rapper but she's not related to the KPOP industry.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is one of her songs (absolute banger, btw!)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• wait no I thought I read it wrong, but I didn't!

Gray

Simon Dominic

Loco

Moon Sujin

• DPR Ian.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• An entire IU exists. I don't think I'd put her in with Kpop.

There's also K Will. This MV nearly broke me the first time I saw it:

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• katie!!

External Content youtu.be

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• help u stole three of my answers ;( the AOMG stan in me is happy tho

• Leessang

Justhis

• Let's not confuse "K-pop" with "idol". For example, IU is considered K-pop, but generally not an idol.

That is a good distinction.

IU is K-pop but not an idol. Solves many of the interminable discussions over her,

I had dubbed her as "Schrodinger's idol" or rather "Quantum idol" - who is used as an idol to beat others' favorites, but dismissed as an idol, when highlighting ones' own.

Like "light" being both a particle and a way, she is both an artist and idol.

Who else would qualify for "Idol-artist duality"?

• I have seen Bursters being called kpop, but I think they are more like k-rock, k-metal and k-band.

I recently watched the auditon of the survival show "Great Seoul Invasion", and many of those bands in it wouldn't be considered k-pop. (Myori, evenif, Cuz Rain etc...)

ONEWE was also at the audition and I often think of them as a kpop group.

Well... I don't know if one of my faves, CNEMA, could be considered "kpop".

• The biggest non-Kpop name which gives a lot of heartburn to Kpop fans nowadays, is Lim Young Woong.

Kpop fans who bristle at being stereotyped as "acned teenage girls", are so threatened by LYW, that they stereotype LYW fans as Ahjummas.

April was Bigbang, June is BTS. But May is LYW - let see how they compare on the charts.

That apart, I enjoy the works of the Antenna Artists.

Lee Jin-ah, Kwon Jin-ah, Sam Kim - all produce very interesting work.

• These are a few from my playlists:

Hoody, Gray, Suran, Moon Moon, Eric Nam, Dynamic Duo, Crush, BewhY, Jung In, Gummy, Kim Bum Soo, Kwon Jin Ah, Kwill, Urban Zakapa Paul Kim, Loco, Bol4, Yerin Baek, Sumin, Zion T, Park Hyo Shin, Gaeko, Nell, Park won, Shaun, George, GSoul, Katie, Roy Kim, Bibi, Jay Park, Heize, Colde, Villan, Demian, Dean, Saay, Devita, Johan Kim, Gaho, Yoon Mirae, DPR Live, Lee Hi, Hynn, Sole, PH1, Minseo, Seori, Kim Dong Ryul, Sam Kim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!