Chancellor

• I. Introduction

Chancellor (챈슬러) is a Korean-American singer, songwriter and producer. In addition to releasing his own music, he has also written and produced for other artists, usually KR&B and hip hop, including Sistar, KARA, Apink, CLC, MBLAQ, B1A14, 2 PM, Secret, Super Junior, Girl's Day, Miryo, Kang Daniel and Moon Sujin.

II. Career

Chancellor was born in Seoul, then immigrated with his family to United States as a child. He attended the prestigious Berklee College of Music, then returned to South Korea to pursue a musical career. He formed the KR&B/hip hop group One Way (Korean: 원웨이) with Korean-Australian rappers Sky and Peter, where he also wrote lyrics and compositions. Known as Chance with the group, he then added a new stage name "Mikey" after he formed the songwriting and production team Duble Sidekick with Park Jang-geun. Due to competing commitments, he left One Way to focus on Duble Sidekick.

In 2014, he focuses on his own solo career, competing in the eleventh season of the survival series King of Mask Singer in 2015. He also released his debut single "Son E Ga" in September 2015. A year later, after signing with a new label, he released his debut album My Full Name.

He continued to appear on other artists' songs, as well as writing and recording singles and collaborations, later moving to SM Entertainment sub-label Million Market. He signed with Konnect Entertainment, Kang Daniel's agency, in 2021 and released his self-titled second studio album, Chancellor. Singles from the album received acclaim and attention from Billboard and Tidal.

Chancellor has written over 270 songs registered in the Korean (KOMCA). His songs are typically KR&B and/or hip hop, including his solo work, collaborations and work for other artists.

III. Discography

IIII. Performer (Solo) - albums/EPs

Artwork Title Format Release Charts
    My Full Name album 2016 KOR #84
    Chancellor album 2021 -

IIIII. Performer (singles)

IIIIII. Performer (Collaborations)

IIIIV. Songwriter

Guide: L=Lyricist, C=Composer, A=Arranger, P=Producer

Partial list.

US = Billboard US World Digital Songs Chart

IV. Videography

Solo, singles and features

References:

KOMCA: Searching Works (search W1034400 under Writers & Publishers)

GAON charts

Billboard charts