Lee Hi

• I. Introduction

Lee Hi (이하이) is a Korean pop singer.

She debuted in 2012 under YG Entertainment after being the runner up of the TV-show K-pop Star. She was the third debuted contestant of the show (second solo singer).

After the completion of her contact in YG Entertainment, Lee Hi signed an exclusive contract under Jay Park's label AOMG.

II. Career Beginnings

Lee Hi made her first steps into the K-pop industry via reality television competition, K-pop Star.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Although she finished as a runner-up, she signed with YG and released her first single ("1, 2, 3, 4") on October 28.

It went on to be one of the biggest hits of that year with Lee Hi making her first ever music show appearance on SBS' Inkigayo on November 4, soon after claiming her first music show win on November 8 through Mnet's M Countdown.

("1, 2, 3, 4") charted number one on the monthly Gaon Digital Chart for November, thus earning her the Song of the Year - November award from Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards.

Following the success of her debut single "1,2,3,4", Lee Hi released a second digital single written by Park Jin-young titled "Scarecrow" on November 22.

On March 2, 2013, YGE revealed Lee Hi's debut album “First Love”, would be released digitally on March 7 consisting of five tracks with lead single "It's Over", and physical release on March 28 with ten tracks including lead single "Rose".

That same year, she teamed up with 2NE1's Park Bom for the one-off BOM&HI project, which released a cover of Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You,".

She also joined with Lee Su-hyun to form Hi Suhyun, another side duo that reached number one with their 2014 single "I'm Different".

Two years later, Lee Hi issued her sophomore set, Seoulite, another collection of nostalgic, soul- and R&B-inflected pop. The album included the top charter single "Breathe".

Over the coming years, she contributed to a handful of soundtracks for television dramas and collaborated with the likes of Epik High, Gill, Dok2, and Code Kunst.

In 2018, she made her Japanese debut with the aptly titled “Lee Hi Japan Debut Album”.

III. New Start

After three years without an album in her Korea, she made a comeback in 2019 with 24°C. The lead single, "No One" (featuring B.I), topped all charts in South Korea. Proving her status as the female soloist. Among the tracks, she released the self-written and produced song "20Min".

Following the end of Lee Hi’s contract with YG Entertainment, on December 31, it was revealed Lee Hi had made the decision to not renew.

In coming months, Lee Hi joined as a cast member for the fourth installment of JTBC show Begin Again from episode 4 to episode 6.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ahead of her comeback with digital single "Holo", on July 22, AOMG revealed they had recruited Lee Hi under the label and signed an exclusive contract with her.

IV. Music Videos

V. Discography

Albums:

• First Love (2013)
    • Seoulite (2016)
    • Lee Hi Japan Debut Album (2018)

Singles:

• “(1,2,3,4)”
    • “Scarecrow”
    • “It’s Over”
    • “Rose”
    • “Breathe”
    • Hold My Hand
    • “My Star”
    • “No One ft B.I“
    • “HOLO”
    • “For You ft Crush

Collaborations:

• "All I Want For Christmas Is You" (with Park Bom) (2013)
    • "Tip Toe" (with Crush) (2020)

Features:

• Epik High - "It's Cold" (2012)
    • Gill - "Refrigerator" (with Verbal Jint) (2016)
    • Code Kunst - "X" (2017)
    • Epik High - "Here Comes The Regrets" (2017)
    • Raiden & Chanyeol - "Yours" (with Changmo) (2020)
    • Park Jihoon - "Call U Up" (2021)
    • Wonwoo & Mingyu - "Bittersweet" (2021)

OSTs

VI. TV & YouTube Shows

VII. Live Performances

VIII. Facts

• She has one sister.
    • She is nicknamed as "Korea's Adele" because of her vocals, and "Second BoA" because she debuted at a young age!
    • Simon of EYK used to be her English Teacher.
    • Scarecrow was supposed to be Park Bom song but YG saved it for Lee Hi
    • “Ha” means for a long time, “Yi” means happiness, together Hayi means “happiness for a long time”.
    • In school, she used to be teased for her name but now she’s proud of it.
    • She was known as the “Monster Rookie”.

IX. Social Media