Favorite KPOP Songs/Albums of 2021

• The year is coming to a close, and I did this list last year so why not do it again :melon_think:

BEST ALBUMS:

BEST SONGS:

Hope you liked it!

The way most of these are from more popular groups nnn

• Ateez - Zero : Fever Part 3 & Zero : Fever Epilogue

Luminous - Youth

D-Crunch - My Name

SF9 - Turn Over & Rumination

Up10tion - Connection

Omega X - Vamos & What's Going On

Just B - Just Burn & Just Beat

Mirae - Splash

VeriVery - Series O' Round 2 Hole

Onewe - Planet Nine : Alter Ego

E'last - Dark Dream

pretty much what i bought this year lol probably more but i can't brain lol

• I agree with Dont call me and Ive eleven from your list

No one touches SHINee when it comes to albums

IVE is like the first rookie group I have been interested in the past 5 years or so (last one was OMG)

In my list there is Key and Taemin album + Onew's song

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As per usual, I have a hard time narrowing it down, so I'll give my top 10 for each atm.

shinee - Atlantis

Key - Bad Love

Whee In - Red

Pixy - Temptation

Ateez - Fever Part 2

ONF - City of ONF

aespa - Savage

D.O - Empathy

TXT - The Chaos Chapter FREEZE

NCT Dream - Hello Future

songs

BTS - My Universe

ITZY - MAFIA in the morning

Golden Child - Fanfare

The Boyz - Maverick

Nik - Santa Monica

aespa - Next Level

BamBam - Ribbon

BM - 13IVI

Xdinary Heroes - Happy Death Day

TWICE - Cruel

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Yuqi Best Girl

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Album:

TXT-Chaos Chapter:Freeze

NCT127: Favorite

Baekhyun:Bambi

Enhypen: Border: Carnival

Kai: Peaches

Billie: the billage of perception: chapter one

Purple Kiss: Hide and Seek

Songs:

TXT-Loser Lover

TXT-Frost

TXT-Ito

Enhypen: Attention Please

Enhypen: Blockbuster

Baekhyun: Cry for love

Baekhyun: All I got

NCT127: Favorite

NCT127: Lemonade

NCT Dream: Hot sauce

Heize: Happen

Billlie: Flippin a coin

Billie: Rumor

Billlie: Everybody got a secret

Purple Kiss: Zombie

The boyz: Thrill ride

The boyz: Merry Bad Ending

• Album; I loved each EXO solo release

But my fav are

EXO DFTF

External Content open.spotify.com

Baekhyun's jpn album

External Content open.spotify.com

Fav tracks;

EXO; Runaway, Paradise

Baekhyun; Drown, addicted, cry for love

Kyungsoo; I'm gonna love you

Kai; Come in

Purple Kiss; skip skip

Akmu&IU; Nakka

Key; Helium

Txt; Loser lover

• I'm glad I waited to answer this :pepe-joy:

Fave Albums

I feel like I have three tiers in my albums for the year - truly fantastic albums, excellent albums and really good albums.

Truly fantastic:

albums I keep returning to again and again and falling more in love with, no to few skips

Baekhyun - Bambi (tied for me for album of the year)

A gorgeous R&B throwback masterpiece.

NCT 127 - Favorite (tied with me for album of the year)

NCT Dream - Hot Sauce

I've really been surprised and impressed, because while I love NCT, the albums are not always totally cohesive and one thing I really enjoyed about both of these is how cohesive and awesome the pacing is. Rather than listen to a few songs, I found myself listening to both of these entire albums repeatedly. I loved Sticker but I think Favorite is superior in terms of the whole album experience. In contrast, I prefer Hot Sauce to Hello Future. Both albums span a range of styles and genres, from driving hip hop to stripped back vocal beauty to warm R&B to dance floor ass shakers.

Excellent:

albums I think are great but I do tend to skip songs or not play as often

Purple Kiss - Hide & Seek

I really liked their first EP too, but this one has a great blend of vocal showcase ballads and upbeat pop.

Shinee - Don't Call Me

I loved the retro feel of this album, which captured the great vocals and harmonies of Shinee while also experimenting with new textures.

aespa - Savage

A great debut that again shows a range, from the mainstream pop of Yeppi Yeppi to the slow burn of Lucid Dream.

NCT 2021 - Universe

I really didn't know what to expect here, but this is also really well paced with a diversity of songs and I really love the way it takes us from R&B grooves to sweet hip hop to comfy soft ballads. A true showcase of talents and vocals here!

Kai - Peaches

I think the mood isn't as consistent as the first release, which I prefer, but this is still a really strong album that continues to experiment with modern R&B textures.

Really Good:

I enjoy these albums - not necessarily listening to the whole thing or as often, but I also recognize they're not at the level as some of the ones above.

The Boyz - Thrill-ing

One of my complaints since listening to The Boyz is that they have really good vocals masked by the production - this release really dialed back on that to let the vocals shine on some excellent songs. The tt is bright and sparkling fun but the entire release explores a range of dance pop to darker moods.

EXO - Don't Fight the Feeling

Again, this is a really cohesive album - a bright splash of summer fun and good vibes with the exquisite vocals I love.

WayV - Kick Back

The tt is the weakest, but I enjoy the rest of the album which expands on the chic R&B-inflected style that is quintessentially WayV.

Fave Songs

So many! If I narrow down to top 10 that have so far stood the test of the year..

Baekhyun - Cry for Love (tied for me for SOTY)

NCT 127 - Sticker (tied for me for SOTY)

EXO - Paradise

NCT 127 - Magic Carpet Ride

Purple Kiss - Ponzona

D.O. - I'm Gonna Love You

Baekhyun - Drown

Stray Kids - Thunderous

NCT Dream - ANL

aespa - Next Level

(New contenders)

Kai - Peaches

WayV - Miracle

NCT Dream - Dreaming

NCT U - Sweet Dream

(I feel like I might add some more NCT Universe songs upon further listen but it's too soon except for Miracle, which I've been obsessed with since the track video)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!