SM's solo artists aren't that interesting to me

• Compared to company groups. I love SM groups, I've always listened to them since I started consuming K-pop, but SM solo artists can't get my attention as much as groups do. As an example I can mention BLACKPINK, I love both BLACKPINK's solo works, there are many that I listened to a lot, but compared to Red Velvet's solo works (I'm a reveluv) I didn't like it that much. So I feel a little frustrated that I haven't been able to consume SM artists' solo works in the same way that I consume groups.

Remembering that this is just a personal opinion and not an absolute truth

• What about Taeyeon? She's got something for everyone with her huge versatility

Hyoyeon has more diverse music than most groups, she's got some of the best EDM going in kpop.

Taeyeon is the only one I use often, but I haven't liked anything about her since Spark

• Official Post

I feel like it's probably because most of them choose to do music that is pretty different from their group's sound whereas Jennie and Rose for example are still in the same wheelhouse as the Blackpink sound.

I'm personally not a fan of ballads or slower music so while I appreciate the things D.O, Suho, Yesung, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook are doing in their solo careers and think they sound amazing on their own... I'm just not gonna pick their solo work as my go-to background music while I do something. I much prefer the performance based work that Baekhyun, Kai, and Taemin put out.

• I feel like it's probably because most of them choose to do music that is pretty different from their group's sound whereas Jennie and Rose for example are still in the same wheelhouse as the Blackpink sound.

I'm personally not a fan of ballads or slower music so while I appreciate the things D.O, Suho, Yesung, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook are doing in their solo careers and think they sound amazing on their own... I'm just not gonna pick their solo work as my go-to background music while I do something. I much prefer the performance based work that Baekhyun, Kai, and Taemin put out.

it could be, I'm not personally a fan of ballads, but I love Rosé's Gone, for example

a3426342d26765ce5dfa4c987762d5545d785061.gifv 087ead2c7ef5437f9c4a7d7e39533666908ebb1d.gif 679e24c600c3cbe1cbf11fc8cb4a1388f74234bf.gifv

Edited once, last by kayn ().

• I mean, other than Wendy's album, OSTs and the remake album from Joy, what other RV solos have been released? We still haven't seen Seulgi, Irene, Joy and Yeri full potential as solo artists

ofc if we compare a mainly ballad album from Wendy to Rose and Jennie big releases it seems like a big difference but let's wait until all of them have solos to make an appropiate comparison

imo, taeyeon and luna solos >>> anything bom, cl or minzy released, but then again, I didn't really paid attention to the rest of snsd/fx solos so it's a tie between both companies

Actually I think the best company when it comes to female soloists music is JYP. I really liked all of Suzy, Fei, Sunmi and Baek Ah Yeon releases, even if it didn't really last because they left the company

• Exo’s solo work is some of the greatest kpop music released this year

Literally unbiased there is no better song this year than Cry For Love.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On the other hand I found BP’s solo work no different or inspired compared to their group works and very underwhelming/forgettable. Tho ofc Solo was very catchy but also didn’t really age well.

Maybe it really is a preference thing!

I refuse to believe there are ppl who don’t like cry for love

• i guess it is a preference thing

But imo YG has been shaping their artist as soloist despite in the group. On one hand it created many akgae but it also helped in a way that the idol is seem separable from the group. Good examples are BP, Winner and Big Bang. CL too. Of course there are other examples in other companies, esepcially Sunmi, Taeyeon

For other companies, i often see the problem of the idol not separable from the group they belong to. For example, YooA's solo didnt really make her standout as a soloist from OMG. And this is often the reason i think these solo fail to make an impact

• but

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• the last song I liked from him was Want

• it's all good my friend...

you gave it a listen and it wasn't your thing...

maybe somebody will release something in the future that you'll like

• It’s all about personal preference of course, but all four of Baekhyun’s albums are top tier and have no fillers imo. Like the amount of good songs he has without even getting into the tittle tracks are crazy. Likeeee chile:

• This is an interesting discussion here. I too tend to prefer the group work over the solo work, but I'm not a big ballad fan, which seems to be the lane of a large portion of the solo work or just musical styles I don't care for, like soft rock. I think the answers here reflect that it is playing out exactly the way they want it to - many of the solos are distinctive from the group work and there seems to be something to cater to many different musical styles.

I always love seeing Taemin's performances and videos, but am just usually not a fan of his actual songs. I typically find a song or two I like on solo releases but there are only a few artists that I enjoy beginning to end. I LOVE Baekhyun's solo work and Kai's solo.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• for me this is definitely not the case..

I am not a fan of any BP solo tbh, both were bland...solo not that much but still bland

SM has Taeyeon - best kpop solo artist discography

they have Taemin, Bakehyun,Kai, D.O who make diverse and amazing music..

even snsd's Yuri has really underrated and great music..

I guess its just your preference..

But yeah I also didnt like RV solos much but I do look forward to seulgi and yeri's work

• I mean it's your preference but I believe Taeyeon and Taemin literally have the best discography in Kpop. It's crazy how many bops they made and most of them were given a good production too. So I do believe SM takes solo works more seriously than any other group-member-turned-solo. Others like Baekhyun have gems too so I find him also one of the best.

lt64IYu.gif

• I think I understand where you are coming from. I love Kyuhyun and Ryeowook but I wish they'd release something more interesting for a change. Yesung took a turn to a better direction with his last 2 albums so I'm satisfied with him.

Otherwise, Baekhyun and Taeyong have their highs but they don't always hit right with me and maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't care less for Taemin's solo work. The rest are a hit or miss.

Ten has the potential to be an exciting soloist though.

• It's cause you didn't listen to KAI

External Content m.youtube.com

>>>>>>>>> everyone's faves

• It's cause you didn't listen to KAI

External Content m.youtube.com

>>>>>>>>> everyone's faves

• Taste

Taemin's best title tracks imo

EXOEXIST - The 7th Album 2023.07.10
    https://i.postimg.cc/TYFk7v3d/letmeinexo-1.gif https://i.postimg.cc/G2XKvZf1/letmeinexo-2.gif

• Fei's Fantasy and Suzy's Yes No Maybe were something else... I wished JYP would do these types of concepts and songs more. Also Sunmi's 24 hours.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!