Posts by 4d-maknae

They were all doing variety shows constantly and making TV appearances to stay visible in the public eye. Even then only top Tier groups from 2 nd gen to a certain degree are still known and popular now.

Current groups don’t do variety shows or TV appearances majorly compared to previous gen idols. Nowadays the main focus is on building fandom, these groups have their own YouTube channel or Vlive channel to do videos and promote on their own terms while occasionally showing up on TV.

However top sellers of 3rd gen are well known in to the public. Most people would be able to name the top 3 if u asked them even if they didn’t listen to them

When I wrote that comment I didn't have in mind the top 3 groups

it was about top physical sellers like txt, stray kids, got7, nct, seventeen, monsta x, etc that sell very well but lack public recognition compared to older groups that never reached the "top 3" like infinite and block b

speaking of their Japanese album and the US... I wonder if that poor store owner in Houston ever recovered his merchandise :/

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

around $500 worth of loveholic albums stolen </3

so despite a year passing and zero promo there, neo zone remains in the top 15 of best selling albums in the US during the period of January 2020 - July 2021, making nct 127 the 2nd best selling kpop artist in the list

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

+ NCT 127, despite only releasing a japanese album this year, has the highest album sales by a SM act in the US this year (by Reels Corp data)

in the US streams chart (by Reels Corp data), nct 127, nct u and nct dream also ranked pretty high, especially considering both nct u and nct 127 (outside of the japanese album) didn't release anything this year and nct dream isn't promoted there

finally, nct 127's neo zone and nct 2020's resonance ranked in the top 5 of best-selling pure albums by a korean act in the US, being the only groups there besides bts and blackpink

(I'm not really sure about this list because OP didn't mention any source and it seems superm is missing from the list...)

so basically, nct 127 (and nct) world domination and they are coming to break all their records in september :cheersc:

Sorry for quoting you in something unrelated btw

Did they count all the NCT units? Because I think EXO had the highest mentions out of any SM act for almost 3 years in a row now as far as I know.

Don't think so since other twitter chart for the first half of this year separated dream, wayv, 127 and nct official accounts, and as you can see by the imagen above, nct was already #2 most mentioned group last year too

some of my biases:

Jinyoung, he used to be a big dork, did aegyo 24/7 and was so extra in everything. During JJP days especially, I saw him as a maknae, in every sense of the word. Now he's a mature actor, he grew a lot mentally... it's not that he's boring but he really went for the "smart and quiet" vibe. JayB used to call him kid despite being the same age, that says everything.

I mean, even his name changed lol

JayB, he himself talked about his conservative views and how much he changed, now he has an open mind and talks about his feelings a lot more, before he had a "boys don't cry" sort of thinking and now he's more comfortable with expressing his style outside of society norms

Jungwoo, he was a really shy and nervous idol during debut (with his close friends he was a lot less quiet), to the point of crying during his debut stage and taking herbal pills for his anxiety, he was really insecure about his spot as nct member. But ever since he came back from his hiatus, he's a lot more open with fans and shows to be gaining confidence , he also talks about loving himself and how important that is, so it seems to me he's at a better place now and progressing each day, slowly losing his insecurities

sunmi released many songs these past years but only the jyp collab can be considered a hit. it's honestly a hit or miss with her songs so it could be a successful cb or underperform... we never know

with Lisa, I think the song will have more success internationally than in Korea

bg had three melon top 10 hits this year, so I think they are for sure going to get another one. rv + summer is a winning formula, plus the long hiatus created more hype so they are going to rank high too.

in conclusion, the winner is between brave girls and red velvet imo

sure, at least my faves latest mv can pass 100m views lol, anyways, twice is about to outsell Exo's overall sales as a girl group, you should worry about that.

so you created this thread just to say that? lmao at least don't use bp and bts for your weird agenda

and I didn't know a difference of more than 3 millions = "about to outsell"

at this rate, seventeen is going to surpass them after their next cb, they are the group that renewed for more years while we don't know what could happen to others like exo and twice when renewal time comes

second biggest group on twitter, congrats!! imagine if nct 2021 happens...

this list only counted the nct official account afaik. the 127, dream and wayv accounts aren't included in the list.

so after a short promo for resonance era from october to december, nct gained enough hype and attention to rank that high!

I don't think these ggs and bgs should be compared by the same metrics. while twice have better digital sales, exo solo members make much more money than the girls . or while exo have great physical sales, bp and twice have more successful comebacks these past years. each one of them surpass the other in different areas and there isn't a clear winner between bp, exo and twice imo

this isn't like 2nd gen where anyone could tell bigbang, snsd and 2ne1 were the top groups

And i doubt itzy were still number one group over twice and bp in 2019. Bg has hits but not physicals. Same with omg

When twice got big in 2016, they had best physical too back up their digitals. So my point was twice is still top group along with bp. Got it?

Then you shouldn't have mentioned "one hit wonders" and just focused on overall metrics like physicals and views to support your argument. All ggs mentioned here are more than one hit wonders

Twice exists or not? They have amazing physicals. And great screaming stats. Just bcoz a group got one hit in career. That doesn't take them above twice.

What group are you talking about because brave girls and omg have more than 2 hits by now. And aespa are rookies who literally just started their careers, and as proven by itzy and miss A, rookies with only 1 song can have the most successful song of the year