How can Itzy reclaim their 4th gen crown?

• It’s been less than a week and as we know, Sneakers flopped internationally and domestically. How can Itzy get a big hit to save their and Division 2’s careers? More CFs? More brand deals? More Western promo? More variety? Better producers? Better songs? More comebacks? Less comebacks? Self producing? How can Itzy unflop and reclaim their 4th Gen crown?

• lol

Yes

The group with a sold out US tour

Second highest 4thgen GG sales

Second highest GG sales in 2022

Second fastest kpop GG (and fastest JYPE artist) to hit 60M youtube views in 2022 (and 4th overall)

First Jype GG to surpass 400k sales on Hanteo in 1 week

Incredible social engagement

Continual praise for their stage performance skills

etc

are FIGHTING to save their failed, collpased, DESTROYED careers. They will be begging for scraps on the street by end of 2022

Yes, absolutely, Sneakers under-performed badly and a course correction is needed, but "save their careers"? Their careers are fine dear.

• I guess next comeback cycle will have material that can stand with "Shoot!", "SWIPE!", and the like. Div. 2 should give Galactika a "title-track rest". Not sure if "third time's the charm" is going to work this time.

• i think they just need to go full girl crush, they clearly dont have the korean charting, no point in fighting it imo with all the groups now,

but GC seems to do alot better internationally, and they can pull off the harder choreos

• No one has the 4th gen crown: aespa has the sales, Itzy has the streams, Ive currently has Korean charts.

Not to be that person but doesn’t IVE currently have better international stream than ITZY too? I‘m not talking overall, but current releases

• Not to be that person but doesn’t IVE currently have better international stream than ITZY too? I‘m not talking overall, but current releases

Hmm. I tend to look at overall personally, since the gp can be quite fickle with the hot new gg of the day, be completely obsessed with a song or two and then move onto the next group, so I look at longevity here, but yeah, I suppose currently Ive has better international streams.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Hmm. I tend to look at overall personally, since the gp can be quite fickle with the hot new gg of the day, be completely obsessed with a song or two and then move onto the next group, so I look at longevity here, but yeah, I suppose currently Ive has better international streams.

I do get why you look at overall streams, but that wouldn’t be a fair comparison, given that ITZY is about 2+ years older than both Aespa and IVE.

I do know that the top spot for GGs can change pretty quickly, but I’d still say that IVE takes the cake for streaming, given that they outperformed ITZY‘ last 3 releases or so.

• Jype needs to stop buying 10s of millions of ad views so they can actually assess the success level of their comeback and realize they need to fix something. Then they can work on reclaiming the crown

• Jype needs to stop buying 10s of millions of ad views so they can actually assess the success level of their comeback and realize they need to fix something. Then they can work on reclaiming the crown

Unless JYPE has also been buying youtube likes, it is very interesting to see that the likes for Sneakers on Youtube is really high compared to views.

It has the same number of likes, with fewer views, than a certain other recent gg release with a very high chance of pulling ahead in terms of likes.

• I do get why you look at overall streams, but that wouldn’t be a fair comparison, given that ITZY is about 2+ years older than both Aespa and IVE.

I do know that the top spot for GGs can change pretty quickly, but I’d still say that IVE takes the cake for streaming, given that they outperformed ITZY‘ last 3 releases or so.

This kind of gets to my point though. A few years back Itzy had the new hot group glow and then settled into its career as the GP went off after newer shinier groups like aespa and Ive. It's too early to know of course but will continue to be interesting to watch.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Salalalala

the101

I guess further to your discussion about streams and groups and such is what is the methodology to be used when calculating such whether it's overall streams / streams per song? streams per comeback / streams per TT / streams per period (ie streams over 3 months/6 months/12 months?)

obviously we know that the longer an artist has debuted the more songs it's released then it's overall streams are going to be higher than a group with less songs who debuted later...

it's then really hard and complicated to compare such groups (and this is only for streams) the same rationale can be applied equally to K charting and album sales..

• I suppose the fairest way would be to take it as a per cap (per capita), but it's hard with just two songs. These are close enough together from a time perspective to make it work. Two of the three have launched in the pandemic-boosted marketplace so you might be able to carve it out for aespa vs Itzy at least? I don't think per caps would work for groups farther apart in time, because a 100M stream song in 2015 is totally different than a 100M stream song in 2020, given the marketplace and the globalization. This is more work than I want to do on groups I don't follow closely. ^^

• I suppose the fairest way would be to take it as a per cap (per capita), but it's hard with just two songs. These are close enough together from a time perspective to make it work. Two of the three have launched in the pandemic-boosted marketplace so you might be able to carve it out for aespa vs Itzy at least? I don't think per caps would work for groups farther apart in time, because a 100M stream song in 2015 is totally different than a 100M stream song in 2020, given the marketplace and the globalization. This is more work than I want to do on groups I don't follow closely. ^^

I'm not referring to specifically IVE and Itzy per se but the rationale can be applied to any one of your favs as well

ie. maybe EXO and NCT or even within the NCT units themselves...

• i agree with some posts up there, maybe ITZY should go full girl crush cause at least that will get them the international market

Now they are stuck in between with high teens concept. Koreans continue to ignore them and international is not pleased. Sneakers actually have potential to go viral (i dont really like the song but i can see its potential)

• This kind of gets to my point though. A few years back Itzy had the new hot group glow and then settled into its career as the GP went off after newer shinier groups like aespa and Ive. It's too early to know of course but will continue to be interesting to watch.

I suppose the fairest way would be to take it as a per cap (per capita), but it's hard with just two songs. These are close enough together from a time perspective to make it work. Two of the three have launched in the pandemic-boosted marketplace so you might be able to carve it out for aespa vs Itzy at least? I don't think per caps would work for groups farther apart in time, because a 100M stream song in 2015 is totally different than a 100M stream song in 2020, given the marketplace and the globalization. This is more work than I want to do on groups I don't follow closely. ^^

It’s definitely tricky to determine, I’ll admit that.

However my personal point of view on this matter is that ITZY‘s most recent tracks all haven’t had the best streams (or even close to best streams) amongst the 4th gen GGs, which is why it’s illogical to say that they’re currently pulling the best streams.

I know things might change pretty quickly, but if we’re talking about the present situation, you can definitely say that Aespa has the best physical sales. This might change in a year or so, but right now, it’s a fact.

Same goes for IVE regarding Korean chatting and streams. Things might suddenly change, but as of right now, they’re doing the best, so I’d just call a spade a spade and say that they’re doing the best in both departments right now.

• Physical wise no doubt aespa > Ive> Itzy > other 4th gen GGs

Korean charting Ive > aespa > other 4th gen GGs

International streaming IVE > IZTY > other 4th gen GGs

• what is the difference between ITZY and IVE sales?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cumulative?

cause i know love dive didnt start as strong but it gradually picked up

• Cumulative?

cant compare an album thats been on sale for less than a week with one that has been for months on cumulative. But if we want to do that, it's fair to use ALL of Itzys sales across all their albums with ALL of IVe's right?

And then you get into the same argument that happens with Blackpink vs Twice, where in some metrics, Twice clearly sold more albums than BP by virtue of HAVING more albums..

Another reason why ranking the groups is messy and kind of pointless.

• They need to cement a strong image as an artist

Because itzy kinda lose themselves on the road

They went from "we are confident and we dont care" which was their brand

Then move on to basic love story lyrics

Then they went for full girl crush sound

And when it didn't work out they went back to their teen crush sound

And when it still didn't work out they came back to their confident and we don't care image

And it's a great thing that they try to explore different things, but korean like certain artist for certain things and when these things change artist start to flop and there's many example of this

Aespa and ive are GG who are doing great because they try to build their own sound

Blackpink do well because they never leave the girl crush concept and sound

Twice was doing really good in chart with cute pop song , once they start going for more mature sound they start to flop

Same for OMG who was getting hit after hit with their cute summer song but because their last song was different they flopped

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Cumulative?

According to: https://www.kpopstarz.com/arti…in-first-half-of-2022.htm

IVE sold 668,291 in the first half of the year, we could probably add a few hundre-thousand more to that for July.

Itzy looks like they will break 500k by end of the week, so it's possible they can catch up/overtake.

Until IVE comeback in August and the arms race continues to escalate.

• Top as in #1 they'll never reach it ever. 3-4 flops in sk is just terrible for a 3 year old gg from big3. Tbh the only thing they have over the other 4th gen ggs that hasn't been surpassed is wannabe youtube views. Everything else they have already been out done in. Sure they can again score hits but others are already getting there faster.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

Edited once, last by atropos ().

• how much did itzy sell on their debut album? and their first comeback? how many songs was on it. was it a mini album?

ive debut plus comeback with 4 songs is 1 million

Itzy most probably sold around 200k for each and they were all minis. But tbh their first two minis were released before the album sales boom so we have to consider that.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• not that I'm agreeing with OP but what if , hear me out,

they release an album with 6 or 12 songs or smth like one for each solo and a group mashup

but essentially they make it like an epic feeling song (tsfh-ish more movie cinematic type I guess) and then have the group song be an we are itzy sorta here I am documentary song but also epic.

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!