Interesting Thing I Saw That Made Me Realize How Much Kpop Has Grown.

• I don't know how to title this but I saw this thing that made me think about how much kpop has grown. So on youtube Access(a news channel I believe) makes youtube posts. And in those posts you can comment(you already can guess how toxic it is). So I was reading the comments about the post about Ari getting married. And there was this thing about how artists not from the U.S aren't really popular or something like that.

Under that someone commented this. "What about Lisa Manoban(don't know why that commenter didn't mention Blackpink),BTS, and Ed Sheeran". And the person that said the original comment said "Ed Sheeran came to the U.S and did s-word,don't even know the Lisa girl(not surprised at them not knowing Lisa as individual members of a group are not really known around here) and don't BTS speak english or something?".

The thing that really impressed me was that, Kpop was used as an example of something that is not from U.S being in the main stream. And not only that, a random troll that focuses on U.S artists knew who BTS was. Now that really impressed me. I guess kpop trolls can't deny BTS's popularity in the U.S now that their brother/sisters know them too lol. So yeah that was basically it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!