Do Girls feel less connected to Girlgroups ?

• I would say 70% of Kpop fans in general are females. But if you compare the proportion of fans between BG’s and GG’s, BG’s are taking the biggest part of the cake.

If you ask fans they always say it has 100% nothing to do with crushing on their favorite Group. So if it’s definitely not that, why do Girls tend to end up liking BG’s instead of GG’s? Not just in Kpop but even in the west. It has been like that since BG’s and GG’s excit.

What makes GG’s less attractive to stan ?

• I'm a man. But I would say it has to do with physical attraction. Of course it's not everyone, otherwise GGs would have 0 straight female fans.

Why do you think The Beatles had so many female fans while the Rock scene is dominated by male fans?

Why do you think cute GGs have more male fans than others GGs?

• I definitely connect more with girl groups than boy groups. so I don't think I can rrally answer that.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel more connected to ggs tho. And it got nothing to do with attraction either :whatb:

Yeah, but if you look at statistics, BG’s generate more fans than GG’s on general bases. I’m not talking about individuals but the situation as a whole.

• This is just my opinion, but, even when talking about ggs, girls still a huge majority, so imo is like

Bg stans: 80-85% girls, 20-15%boys

Gg stans: 65-70% girls, 35-30% boys

So yeah, at least internationally (in Korea it might be more balanced) girls still make up a huge part of kpop fandoms, why? Mainly because most boys if they watch something like a bg, it will be weird cuz for them boy groups are more of a "girls thing", and when they see ggs, they still might think its music for girls, since we have alot of songs that might sound "girly" from a male dude standpoint.

• They are lying when they say that. it is the reason why the average bg sells better than the average gg

But it can’t be just that right ?

I personally think that apart from that, a lot actually see GG’s as less cool, artistic or entertaining and I have seen several fans low-key implying that. But you know pretty safe lol

• Hmm yeah but why is it, that even if guys tend to stay away from it cause they thing it’s a “ Girls thing “ , BG’s still generate more fans than GG’s ? You actually just gave a Theory while Boys aren’t that much into Group stanning.

• In my ten years as a K pop fan I’ve only liked two gg and that was 2NE1 and F(x). GG just don’t have the appeal for me. They seem to lack substance imao and don’t seem to have the versatility or longevity as bg. I don’t know what it is but I’ve never gotten into them.

• I'm a man. But I would say it has to do with physical attraction. Of course it's not everyone, otherwise GGs would have 0 straight female fans.

Why do you think The Beatles had so many female fans while the Rock scene is dominated by male fans?

Why do you think cute GGs have more male fans than others GGs?

Tbh The Beatles weren’t that good looking tho, maybe to that it was the ideal look idk. That aside.

No of course it would be unrealistic blaming it on solely physical attraction. But if it’s it that, is it the concept, the way they get depicted on media, the promotion like it must be something. I gave one guess to another user based on what I have seen other fans said about not stanning GG’s.

• Hmm yeah but why is it, that even if guys tend to stay away from it cause they thing it’s a “ Girls thing “ , BG’s still generate more fans than GG’s ? You actually just gave a Theory while Boys aren’t that much into Group stanning.

But that was my point, of why there is not much male stans in any category (bg or gg)

• I like a lot of kpop groups, ggs and bgs, female and male soloists.

I'm straight and in a happy relationship, but i'm still kind of crushing in some kind of way on them. But not in some weird obsessive way, just admiring them and thinking they are super cool. It goes like that for ggs and bgs.

My favorite two groups ended up being boy groups and i also was thinking about the reason.

Like i said i like a lot of other groups, but i like the music of these two the most, also their performance and all the content is super entertaining to me.

I don't have time to keep up with all the groups i like, so i just keep up with my faves, but still check out the music and content of other groups i like (again, it's boy and girl groups).

• Hummm... In my opinion it's the other way around. There are more gg with plenty of female fans than bg with male fans. Kpop fans are a majority of female fans and that's why bg's are more successful

Yeah we discovered that. But why do you think females end up stanning BG’s more than GG’s ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!