Do Girls feel less connected to Girlgroups ?

• I would say 70% of Kpop fans in general are females. But if you compare the proportion of fans between BG’s and GG’s, BG’s are taking the biggest part of the cake.

If you ask fans they always say it has 100% nothing to do with crushing on their favorite Group. So if it’s definitely not that, why do Girls tend to end up liking BG’s instead of GG’s? Not just in Kpop but even in the west. It has been like that since BG’s and GG’s excit.

What makes GG’s less attractive to stan ?

• I'm a man. But I would say it has to do with physical attraction. Of course it's not everyone, otherwise GGs would have 0 straight female fans.

Why do you think The Beatles had so many female fans while the Rock scene is dominated by male fans?

Why do you think cute GGs have more male fans than others GGs?

• I definitely connect more with girl groups than boy groups. so I don't think I can rrally answer that.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is just my opinion, but, even when talking about ggs, girls still a huge majority, so imo is like

Bg stans: 80-85% girls, 20-15%boys

Gg stans: 65-70% girls, 35-30% boys

So yeah, at least internationally (in Korea it might be more balanced) girls still make up a huge part of kpop fandoms, why? Mainly because most boys if they watch something like a bg, it will be weird cuz for them boy groups are more of a "girls thing", and when they see ggs, they still might think its music for girls, since we have alot of songs that might sound "girly" from a male dude standpoint.

• They are lying when they say that. it is the reason why the average bg sells better than the average gg

But it can’t be just that right ?

I personally think that apart from that, a lot actually see GG’s as less cool, artistic or entertaining and I have seen several fans low-key implying that. But you know pretty safe lol

• Hmm yeah but why is it, that even if guys tend to stay away from it cause they thing it’s a “ Girls thing “ , BG’s still generate more fans than GG’s ? You actually just gave a Theory while Boys aren’t that much into Group stanning.

• In my ten years as a K pop fan I’ve only liked two gg and that was 2NE1 and F(x). GG just don’t have the appeal for me. They seem to lack substance imao and don’t seem to have the versatility or longevity as bg. I don’t know what it is but I’ve never gotten into them.

• I'm a man. But I would say it has to do with physical attraction. Of course it's not everyone, otherwise GGs would have 0 straight female fans.

Why do you think The Beatles had so many female fans while the Rock scene is dominated by male fans?

Why do you think cute GGs have more male fans than others GGs?

Tbh The Beatles weren’t that good looking tho, maybe to that it was the ideal look idk. That aside.

No of course it would be unrealistic blaming it on solely physical attraction. But if it’s it that, is it the concept, the way they get depicted on media, the promotion like it must be something. I gave one guess to another user based on what I have seen other fans said about not stanning GG’s.

• what if it's because of sports?

for example soccer, football, basketball, hockey, etc.

you can always see young boys idolizing male top stars of those sports, but you can barely ever see girls doing it (and it doesn't matter if we talk about girls being fans of male or female stars).

I believe young girls are attracted to artists, they will always find something in them like look how Maroon 5 is popular now, how Red Hot Chili Peppers were popular then, not mentioning proper western boy groups like Backstreet Boys or N Sync...

another example is that I never liked Spice Girls, never was interested in their music, but I did know who Victoria is because even if I was a kid back then I could tell that she is beautiful. +...

I was big fan of David Beckham, yeah so you have a circle here I even got his Manchester United shirt, and his posters on the wall.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because a lot of girls are into pretty boys? Also with girl groups, you have the thing of comparing yourself with them (or at least I do) and it makes me sad and uneasy because I will never be as perfect as them, so I prefer boy groups over girl groups although I listen to them 50/50 or so.

• If you like to stan more someone crackhead, loud and who talks more bullshit to make people laugh, then you will find it more easily stanning boygroups than girlgroups. And I think female fans are more interested in that. Since girls are more restrict about what they can say or how they can act due to sexism, people can see it as "boring".

I've seen a lot of female fans that, despite being a gg stan and overall like gg music more, they frequently have one ult bg that they are more emotionally connected.

• In my ten years as a K pop fan I’ve only liked two gg and that was 2NE1 and F(x). GG just don’t have the appeal for me. They seem to lack substance imao and don’t seem to have the versatility or longevity as bg. I don’t know what it is but I’ve never gotten into them.

So the lack of substance and versatility is it for you ? Hmm

• idk man, i just can't seem to connect with bgs at all, even though I don't stan anyone besides bp, but I would still gravitate towards ggs more and listen to them than that of bgs. Boygroups just don't interest me at all, even when I tend to like a bg song, statistically it still is a lesser occurrence than that of me liking or even loving a gg song.

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• Looking at my most played history I've found that I tend to prefer female solos a lot more over ggs while boy groups over male solos. Generally speaking for kpop a lot of ggs focus on selling title tracks and making them catchy for the GP which is usually fine for one or two songs but the whole discography gets boring after some time. I tend to listen to more BG discographies thus.

I wish GGs were given more freedom with their music like G-Idle is.

• There are many reasons why boygroups tend to have more fans, however, I also believe that it is often about their looks. Young girls tend to have more of a crush on boy groups than young boys do on girl groups. That's the way it's always been.

I think JYP once said that a boy group needs fans and a girl group needs public recognition. If you have both, I would call that a jackpot.

I think it's just easier to get fans for boy groups than for girl groups.

• But it can’t be just that right ?

I personally think that apart from that, a lot actually see GG’s as less cool, artistic or entertaining and I have seen several fans low-key implying that. But you know pretty safe l

I think kpop fans look most for concept and personality.. unless you want a girly or manly concept all other concepts can be seen done by both genders. I can’t see why someone will call skz cooler than itzy. Now for personality I guess male idols can be more chaotic and loud with the jokes and personal stories, and that could bring more fans as they feel closer to the idol. Female idols are more image conscious.

There could be other reasons to why girls gravitate towards bgs but imo it boils down to attraction sometimes even the fan herself is not aware of it so they attribute their choice to other reasons

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• I’m trying to follow what your trying to say but sorry I don’t get it.

But what I find interesting in Sports is that it’s male dominated and supported mostly by males. It’s seen as a men thing. You might think people are more connected to the people they have something in common. But even here, despite women sports being less supported ( 1-2 exceptions) its still dominantly men who are interested in it.

So if Group music is more seen as a woman thing ( since the majority of fans are mostly female) how is it the complete opposite here ?

Which makes me ask if women are more open to support the other gender than men are.

I mean don’t get me wrong everyone can stan whatever they want, I’m just interested in the dynamics of things.

• If you like to stan more someone crackhead, loud and who talks more bullshit to make people laugh, then you will find it more easily stanning boygroups than girlgroups. And I think female fans are more interested in that. Since girls are more restrict about what they can say or how they can act due to sexism, people can see it as "boring".

I've seen a lot of female fans that, despite being a gg stan and overall like gg music more, they frequently have one ult bg that they are more emotionally connected.

Interesting.

So may I ask …if the restriction, sexism etc is the reason you tend to end up stanning BG’s over GG’s ( or feel more entertained by them), do you feel annoyed as a female and therefore feel more comfortable watching BG’s (because they seem to be more free) to not get reminded of your own situation as a woman?

• I can't get into ggs for some reason, idk if it's because of their songs, voices or their image/stage personas but female artists aren't really that attractive to me. I'm only interested in 2 ggs but I can't really say that I stan them, I just follow them on twt and check for comeback news so idk what that means :whatb:

• Idk I think the same question could be applied to male gg stans. There's almost no men stanning bgs in kpop compared to the ones who stan ggs. I think ppl feel attracted to what's opposite from them. Isn't that even one of the universal laws of attraction or smth. I don't think this should be an issue and especially not something worth throwing stereotypes as a simple answer.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Interesting.

So may I ask …if the restriction, sexism etc is the reason you tend to end up stanning BG’s over GG’s ( or feel more entertained by them), do you feel annoyed as a female and therefore feel more comfortable watching BG’s (because they seem to be more free) to not get reminded of your own situation as a woman?

It's an interesting question. And being honest with you, yes, It's one of the reasons.

If you ask me, I follow musically and I'm a casual listener of more female kpop groups and soloists than men. But in comparision, I'm invested in 4 boygroups, I already unstanned others that I was a fan in the past, while only 2 girlgroups broke my barrier. I saw something really special and unique in BP and ITZY.

Personally, the way they seem to be more restricted, care so much about the image and have less opportunities to showcase their personality and artisticity annoys me, because I think It's unfair and yes, reminds me of my own reality.

But on the other hand, I have much more empathy and I'm more protective towards the girls I stan (and women in general) than the boys. I tend to be on their side more if I see they're being a victim of misogynistic, just like I'm if I see that fangirls of bgs are being victims too.

• This thread contains 106 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!