Do you really think kpop is full of young millionaires idols?

• I remember how fans fighting each other over net worth with source that not even reliable 😭.

Anyway, I see fans throwing 'millionaire' words here and there to praise their faves and thinking are all idols from top groups really making that much? For group like Bts, I think it's obvious especially when Hybe using their name for many other things aside of their music. But I curious how about other groups. Can we have a program where they talking about when idols get paid, is it monthly or after each cb? So, if they're in hiatus for example and their income solely coming from their music and didn't do any side gigs like photoshoot or cf, is that means they didn't receive anything in the mean time? And how much the ratio they received compare to their company.

I don't care about their love life, I want to know how much they make or at least a glimpse of it.

• Now i know that well established idols from big companies have lots of money and are millionaires but what about idols from smaller companies??? I recently saw a whats in my bag video of Yuta from NCT 127 and his bag and everything in it seems to cost thousands of dollars, i know owning branded goods is a status symbol in korea but im just curious as to how much money these idols make. NCT has like 23 members??? do they split their paycheck in 23 ways and still have tons of money left to be fancy?? even aespa's ningning's whats in my bag video featured $$$ expensive items, since theyre a rookie group, im wondering how much money they make??? can someone pls tell me how much money idols are paid?? ive heard a lot about idols being in debt to their companies etc so how come some of them seem sooo well off???

• Now i know that well established idols from big companies have lots of money and are millionaires but what about idols from smaller companies??? I recently saw a whats in my bag video of Yuta from NCT 127 and his bag and everything in it seems to cost thousands of dollars, i know owning branded goods is a status symbol in korea but im just curious as to how much money these idols make. NCT has like 23 members??? do they split their paycheck in 23 ways and still have tons of money left to be fancy?? even aespa's ningning's whats in my bag video featured $$$ expensive items, since theyre a rookie group, im wondering how much money they make??? can someone pls tell me how much money idols are paid?? ive heard a lot about idols being in debt to their companies etc so how come some of them seem sooo well off???

lol ofcourse whats in my bag videos are sponsored

• alot of things in their lives could be sponsored and fools people into thinking they have more than what they really do.

Real indicator of wealth is when they start buying properties.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The groups from big companies selling hundreds of thousands of albums each comeback and gering big Concert Tours surely earn a lot. So aespa or nj even if they are rookie they do fine.

All the small groups basicly earn nothing.

I would like to know how midtier groups do. If they have some hits like oh my Girl, i guess they do well. If Not, but have a decent fansize i guess they do well to. DC for example. But as Seen with loona, thats not necessary the case.

I would also like to know If its true what Brave Bro said that after the success of rollin he split the income between company and artist 2:8. Thats would be very unusual in the industry. But Minyoung bought a new apartment and own a coffeeshop. So who knows?

• Lol, not a lot of kpop idols are multi millionaires, the percentage is tiny compared to how saturated the market is. Yep, BTS are obviously multimillionaires given their properties and shares in Hybe. BP are as well. I think a good indictor are definitely properties as products often shown in interviews and videos are sponsored or given to the idols if they’re an ambassador etc. However, it’s truly difficult to tell as it requires an idol’s financial info to be leaked or disclosed to know…….so we’ll never truly know lol

• Lol, not a lot of kpop idols are multi millionaires, the percentage is tiny compared to how saturated the market is. Yep, BTS are obviously multimillionaires given their properties and shares in Hybe. BP are as well. I think a good indictor are definitely properties as products often shown in interviews and videos are sponsored or given to the idols if they’re an ambassador etc. However, it’s truly difficult to tell as it requires an idol’s financial info to be leaked or disclosed to know…….so we’ll never truly know lol

Ohh I haven’t been keeping up with BP’s home.. where did they buy? Must be in the same wealthy area like BTS member I guess?

• If you undertake millionaire as anyone who has 1 million USD in cash, I'm sure many of them are.

Pretty much any big group can have tours with 1 million plus revenue per show (numbers are generally coming from 1,5 to 2 million on arenas and easily three times this on stadiums)

Generally speaking, touring revenue is fixed, the artists get their payment regardless of them selling or not. If idols get paid like 200k USD for each show, that's 40k USD for each member in a 5 people group

25 shows and they are millionaires

• Bit this goes only for the big4. Most groups dont do arenas. How about the midtiers?:(

• Ohh I haven’t been keeping up with BP’s home.. where did they buy? Must be in the same wealthy area like BTS member I guess?

I don’t know the details but Lisa bought in the same neighbourhood as JK for around $6 million+. Jennie lives in the same neighbourhood as Sugar but I don’t know if the property is in her name or her family’s etc, don’t think it was ever disclosed who bought it. The other two members have their own apartments but again not a lot of info on theirs, especially Jisoo. Sorry you may need to do some Googling if you want to know 😂

• Im guessing maybe 1% of all kpop idols actually manage to become millionaires in the end, if that.

The money lies in Concerts and/or High profile CFS (acting also but even fewer idols manage to ever get to a stage where they get lead roles with a good payout), and having a good contract.

Challenge is to stay relevant for long enough and also get pass the first rookie contract.

Idols like BTS, Blackpink, IU etc that are on their second or higher contract might have around 70-90% profit share to them, while rookie idols will be way below and might not even reach 30%. (percentage usually varies between physicals, digitals, concerts, merchs etc)

Many labels will also have in contract that the first X earnings will go to payback the money that the agency have invested in them (millions for training, marketing , recording etc).

• I would like to know how midtier groups do. If they have some hits like oh my Girl, i guess they do well. If Not, but have a decent fansize i guess they do well to. DC for example. But as Seen with loona, thats not necessary the case.

Actually I'm on writing this as a draft to be posted later. I'm still searching out the data for groups like stayc, wjsn, gidle pre-tomboy, dc or maybe even lovelyz. Because I'm curious how does it feels like to live as them..

• Actually I'm on writing this as a draft to be posted later. I'm still searching out the data for groups like stayc, wjsn, gidle pre-tomboy, dc or maybe even lovelyz. Because I'm curious how does it feels like to live as them..

oh, wow thats great. pls dont forget to tag me if you post it. im also interested.

the nugus are lost. the toptier is boring. the midtier is were the spice is.

• Actually I'm on writing this as a draft to be posted later. I'm still searching out the data for groups like stayc, wjsn, gidle pre-tomboy, dc or maybe even lovelyz. Because I'm curious how does it feels like to live as them..

Soyeon was buying properties pre-tomboy, she moved into her swish apartment with custom built recording studio prior to tomboy.

I'm pretty sure she has some very very good earnings.

• Soyeon was buying properties pre-tomboy, she moved into her swish apartment with custom built recording studio prior to tomboy.

I'm pretty sure she has some very very good earnings.

Well, to be fair, soyeon is a different beast thanks to her royalties ^^

I'm more interested in minnie-yuqi banter about them effortlessly buying couch while cube can't

:boompepe:

• No, "slave contracts" exist, sadly. I wouldn't say that it's full of young millionaire idols taking into account that most kpop groups aren't that successful at all. I think there are absolutely some in the biggest of groups.

Don't want to be taken as a jingoist or something, I'm just using this as an example to push this point further, but the South Korean won is a little weak. For example, right now 1 U.S. dollar is equivalent to 1,3267 South Korean won. So I think that also plays a little bit in my opinion.

• I'm more interested in minnie-yuqi banter about them effortlessly buying sofa while cube can't

Well I mean Minnie as basically a millionaire from Birth, so she's not really going to be able to be measured at all.

Yuqi is probably on a good wicket. Not only royalty earnings from songs (she has 2 songs on each of the albums that sold almost 2 million albums total), she appears on lots of stuff, and is super booked in China for appearances and CF. She'll be a millionaire almost certainly.

Pre-Tomboy probably not as much. Depends where the cut off is she earnt a fair amount of deals and CFs during the Hiatus in China.

• I'm reminded of this news article, which states:

According to data submitted by National Tax Service (NTS) upon request from Rep. Yang Kyung-sook of the ruling Democratic Party on Monday, 6,372 Korean singers that reported their 2018 annual income earned a total 409.5 billion won in income. The average income of each individual singer was 64.28 million won.

₩64.28 million is the equivalent of only USD $48,431, which isn't a very high annual income.

• No idea isn't kpop idols pretty poorly paid compared to western artists? Not only that, there is huge team behind the group, not just few idols who is getting paid.

• This is belift lab 2022 report. They only have one group.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In situations like that groups only split pay when it comes to concert's and group records. Someone like Yuta for example gets 100% of the profit if he's staring in tv shows and movies ( which he does star in actual big screen movies)

Photoshoots and modeling deals as sponsor deals he makes the all the profit. As for a group CB overseas say sold out venues Gross over 50mil$ the agency it's promotors etc take their cuts and staff etc are paid and then the artist takes their cut. Lets say for the worst all this stuff eats up 90% of the cost per concert and the members which is so 9 members have to split at worst 8 to 9 million dollars. Now add on the fact certain members get higher pay outside of this because they are the producer example Taeyong is known to be the writter and composer so he'd get an extra royalty check on top of the performance pay. Now rinse and repeat this say 10 to 15 times as that conservatively covers a single concert per location on a world tour.

Now use this for even bigger groups like BTS Exo and BigBang in Short yes the bigger idols make millions and the mid tiers like say seventeen or Ateez etc make atlest a few hundred thousand dollars a cb tour. They all realistically hit the million dollar mark with in one to two years

• Someone estimated BTS income a long way back

• As for a group CB overseas say sold out venues Gross over 50mil$ the agency it's promotors etc take their cuts and staff etc are paid and then the artist takes their cut. Lets say for the worst all this stuff eats up 90% of the cost per concert and the members which is so 9 members have to split at worst 8 to 9 million dollars.

I think your numbers are off here. There's nobody grossing USD $50 million per concert.

• I think they full of GREEDY rich NEPOTISM CHILDREN that need to PAY for their SINS. It is not okay to be rich, if your a millionaire go right to hell I HATE RICH PEOPLE! if you making bank why you ain't inventing ANTI CLIMATE CHANGE devices to CLEAN THE AIR? why you AIN'T????? THESE idols out here buying the chanel, buying the gucci, buying the designer stuffs, but all that will be in the LANDFILL sooner or later. CONSUMERISM is a sickening sin that has taken over OUR world. These idols, making money by frauding children and making them buy album after album and merch after merch. look at these people, not being able to PAY rent, not being able to BUY food, buying these kpop merches. SICKENING brainwashing. STOP sinning stop letting IDOLS win. JUST my truths.

• This would be possible with overseas concerts it's one reason idols love USA concerts 🤣

It seems that you may be having some difficulty converting between KRW ₩ and USD $.

Even if we look at BTS, they "only" grossed $33.3 million over *four* shows at SoFi Stadium, which had a combined attendance of 214,000 (source). Thus, using BTS as a baseline, there's nobody who can come close to grossing $50 million per concert.

• I don’t think most top group idols are even making that much tbh. Maybe 1 mill at most but no more than that.

Only the top 1% of idols ever reach the millions and the best way to see if they have money is if they bought buildings. Having luxury items is quite common and most often sponsored. But property and luxury cars is where it’s at.

Only idols I’ve seen ever being talked about having bought buildings and luxury cars are tvxq, Big Bang, IU, EXO, BTS, Blackpink

• What brings the most $$$$ are CONCERTS and SONGWRITING

copyrights brings good cash (rm, suga, zico, soyeon for example) so those that have a lot of copyrights are probably millionaires

CONCERTS brings a ton of cash so for example BP, BTS, TWICE which all 3 have massive venue and fill out stadiums those groups definitly are full of millionaires because the scale of their tour is just too big

those are the top 0.001% of idols

then there is idols like wonyoung for example, that have tons of sponsors and CF which brings good money too.

overall 1% seems a fair assumption yeah

• Sunny from SNSD said she can live off the money she earned as SNSD member so she wouldn't need to work again, so i am guessing each of the members are millionaires, ofc this was after the 7 years mark and obviously SNSD was one of the top groups, but considering kpop has become a lot more popular i am guessing top groups from the 4th gen that have been active for 2 years and have some cf or are ambassadors from a brand or so have made 1 million already

Edit:

In a past broadcast of JTBC′s Serial Shopping Family, Sunny was asked about her future retirement plans. During the show, Lee Young Ja and Park Myung Soo said, "No matter how long they say an idol′s life span has gotten, it′s not like they can be around past 60. SNSD can′t be girls forever."

Sunny repsonded, "I can live off the money I saved," leading the envious guests to say, "As expected of SNSD."

• I think there are a lot more rich idols than people here think. I've seen the "1%" thrown around in this thread several times. I'm willing to bet more than 1% of idols were already wealthy before they even debuted, something none of you took into consideration. On top of that, the big groups that blow up quickly are going to pay off their debt and make their money more quickly than many here realize. You see a number of idols whom a lot of people would probably not even peg as being wealthy buying super expensive houses and other luxury items all the time, and no, I'm not talking about sponsored stuff. These are people who don't even attract sponsorships.

• I think it's more than 1% that are millionaires or on their way to becoming one.

There are several groups that are million sellers now and yes, I know it doesn't automatically mean they are a millionaire after 1 million selling album, but it shows the enormous amount of money being made in Kpop. Most of those type of groups generate enormous amounts of wealth with several well selling albums, concerts, brand deals etc. And then some of those members are song writers too. I can imagine people like Bang Chan having crossed the 1 million mark of money made by himself quite a long time ago, but I wouldn't be surprised all Stray Kids members are there already.

Also, I don't think anyone mentioned Seventeen? They might have a lot of members to share, but they make collosal amounts of money.

• I think it's more than 1% that are millionaires or on their way to becoming one.

There are several groups that are million sellers now and yes, I know it doesn't automatically mean they are a millionaire after 1 million selling album, but it shows the enormous amount of money being made in Kpop. Most of those type of groups generate enormous amounts of wealth with several well selling albums, concerts, brand deals etc. And then some of those members are song writers too. I can imagine people like Bang Chan having crossed the 1 million mark of money made by himself quite a long time ago, but I wouldn't be surprised all Stray Kids members are there already.

Also, I don't think anyone mentioned Seventeen? They might have a lot of members to share, but they make collosal amounts of money.

stray kids and itzy would both easily have made millions

i dont think member would be donating 100K+ USD if they werent

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!