Realistic BTS Net Worth!

• BTS individual net worth has been around $20-22 million for at least 3 years now, but anyone can tell that’s highly inaccurate. With all their new Hybe acquisition and Bang PD net with going up to $2.8 Billion (+$121 Million) I was interested to see what BTS true net worth could be.. (and because I’m bored) and it’s clear in regards to Forbes they only know basic things in regards to BTS where with Bang Pd almost 95% of his net worth is is Stocks so it’s easy to configure.

EyTrz3KXAAsJjYr?format=jpg&name=medium

Ok so unlike western celebrities when they have major endorsements typically it’s revealed how much they got paid but with BTS we never know.. what WE DO know is that their fee is around $2.59M- $4.91M per ad! My question is what does PER AD mean? Also it’s safe to assume that global endorsements/ambassadorships are probably worth double or triple.. for instance Rihanna was paid $25M for her Samsung deal in 2015-2016, I would assume BTS would be paid similarly. Same with FILA which they have been globally endorsing since 2019.. we also don’t know if they get residuals (meaning so they get a cut of revenue from the clothes/shoes they promote)

So with that being said.

STOCK

Each member PUBLICLY has 75,000 HYBE stock. The stock is currently being sold at 275 per share, which means Each member has a total of $20.6M in Hybe stock CURRENTLY and $143.3M combined. So unless BTS has never made any other money in their career then of course their current “net worth’s” are wrong.

ENDORSEMENTS and Events

Like I wrote in the above BTS endorsements fee is around $2.59-$4.91M per ad! For sanity sake I’ll just talk about endorsements from 2018-Present. So BTS has had around 41 endorsements since 2018.. 8 being BT21 related so if you want to merge those together you can.. these endorsements include both global endorsements like Samsung, FILA, LG, and Hyundai, and TINYTAN and korean deals like Lemona, Bodyfriend, Coway, Chilsung. As well as Games like BTS World and BTS UNIVERSE

So if we just do basic maths (just to simplify things) then BTS has made around $106,190,000M - $200,310,000M In endorsements! (Mind you these numbers don’t include any residuals or take into considering some endorsements like Samsung/FILA/Tokopedia might in fact be more than $10-25M+, I just used the basic fee that we know)

After BH 30% cut

$74,333,000 - $140,917,000

SALES

BTS average album cost are $20 and they’ve sold around 33 Million albums in just Korea and Japan alone.. so about an average of $804M In album sales.. if the split sheet is to be believed, BTS get 50% of album sales and 70% of repacking but they don’t really do repacking since 2017 and just to make things simpler I’m omitting that... we know BTS has definitely made more that $804 from album sales as MOTS7 , MOTS7J, and BE alone makes half of that in 2020 alone.

So $402,000,000 from album TOTAL over entire career sales. (Doesn’t take distribution and producer/songwriters cut into account)

TOURING

From the Love Yourself Tour and some dates from Wings Tour they’ve grossed around $202,000,000 Million from touring in the last 3 years. If the split sheet is to be believed they get 70%

So around $141.8M from ONE TOUR!

Mind you all these guestimations don’t take into consideration distribution fees, vendors etc.

Merch Merch and More MERCH!

BH made $223.3M in Merch in 2020 alone during a pandemic. Let’s say BTS gets 30%

$66.9M from Merch in 2020

So I guesstimate BTS COMBINED current net worth to be around (I know this seems a lot)
    $828,333,000M - $894,914,000M (pre-tax)

So around $118.3M - $127.8M per member (doesn’t considering copyright discrepancies between members or personal investments obviously) PRE-TAX

Korean Tax for people making 500M Won ($495K) is 42%

So after taxes each member would roughly have a net worth or how much they’ve earned of approximately almost 8 years in BTS is...

$61,516,000M - $74,150,000M

Also Hybe is currently valued at $9Billion

Yes it’s lower than their western counterparts who they are outselling but you have to take into consideration that BTS has give Hybe a cut and then split 7 ways on top of paying taxes.

I think my guestimations are reasonable. Using Adele as an example she has released 3 albums.. haven’t released an album since 2015. But has a networth of $190M .. she’s sold 60M albums pure sales.. but her albums were sold significantly lower than BTS (around 13.99-15.99) and her main tour Adele Live 2016 grossed $167.7M, she doesn’t sell Merch or do endorsements. So her networth is almost $200M from mostly SALES ALONE.

Also even though it may seem that a lot of western artist are making way more, you have to remember that unlike kpop where the labels pay for everything with their cut.. western artist are responsible for paying their own staff, security, on top of paying BOTH their labels and management!

Edited 2 times, last by wendii ().

• i think it’s definitely over $100M for each member

but the rapline might have more than the other members because of their active involvement in producing and writing for the group. they have a few collabs and solo work too

• Some of your calculations are a little off - for example, Rihanna was not actually paid 25 million for the Samsung advertisement. Samsung SPONSORED a 25 million deal in junction with her concert and album tour, so they partially funded her tour in return for advertising. Rihanna herself did not get paid 25 million (I'm sure she still got a fair chunk!).

50% of album sales is also 50% of album profits, not price of the album. I don't know if manufacturing is different now but I generally calculate that as 50% of album cost goes to manufacturing, then another 25% goes to retailers, then 25% goes to songwriters/royalties/artists/agency.

Touring and merch is where BTS makes the bulk of their money, and I do think including stock options each BTS member is north of 50 million each in net worth.

• Some of your calculations are a little off - for example, Rihanna was not actually paid 25 million for the Samsung advertisement. Samsung SPONSORED a 25 million deal in junction with her concert and album tour, so they partially funded her tour in return for advertising. Rihanna herself did not get paid 25 million (I'm sure she still got a fair chunk!).

50% of album sales is also 50% of album profits, not price of the album. I don't know if manufacturing is different now but I generally calculate that as 50% of album cost goes to manufacturing, then another 25% goes to retailers, then 25% goes to songwriters/royalties/artists/agency.

Touring and merch is where BTS makes the bulk of their money, and I do think including stock options each BTS member is north of 50 million each in net worth.

Yes I agree with you. The number they get per unit in the albums is not half the price of the album, after deducting all costs, companies and producers who have contributed to the album etc get their share., BTS take half of the remaining figure, and this half is divided into 7. Also not all of the amount paid in advertisements is paid to BTS, BiH also gets its share. If Big Hit receives 30% from a $ 10 million advertisement, only $ 1 million falls of per member, excluding taxes. They probably don't earn that much from every ad deal. I think they likely earn between 300K and $ 1 million per ad. When it comes to tours, a large part of the amount obtained on the tour is paid for the expenses. Then the company gets its share. The remaining figure is paid to BTS, which is divided into 7 parts. I think that their net worth per member is around 50-70 million dollars.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Theoretically, at least 50% of BH gross income should go to BTS, if they have 50/50 profit sharing ratio. Unless they already deducted BTS's share? If we assume they didnt, then BTS should have earned at least 41 million USD per member during 2018-2020?

• IMO, the calculation should be based on BH financial statements

In 2018-2020, total BH revenue: US$ 1.3 B

Let says the average production cost 50% (actually it varies, e.g concert/album usually 50%, merc 70%, ad 0%),

so BH profit = US$ 654 mill

If the profit split 50:50, BTS got: US$ 327 mill, each member = US$ 46 mill, and after tax (42%) = US$ 28 mill for each member

So estimated earning (after tax) for each member in the period of 2018-2020 = US$ 28 mill + HYPE'stock

The net-worth of the boys depend on how much they made their own investment (e.g buying building/apt etc.)

The net-worth of Bang shihyuk is so high because he invested his earning plus the result of BH IPO

• Whatever the case they are still rich. You didn’t even add the royalties they make from their music and we don’t know if BTS even have some private business set up on the side. Only Jin’s restaurant was ever known

Even there, Jin runs the business in partnership with his brother. I guess the restaurant numbers would probably have increased to more than two now if there is no pandemic. Members also earn income as their mixtapes start to be published on paid paltforms. What I actually wonder is whether they has a share of the payments Youtube makes for the Bangtan TV channel. :whatb:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

EzCGW8UVEAIAtiR?format=jpg&name=medium

EzCGXwsVoAYI0Fp?format=jpg&name=medium

• So, according to Forbes, BTS earned 107 million dollars since 2018. The value of their shares has also reached 15 million dollars per person. Out of 107 million, 15M per person, 15M from their shares, 30 million dollars in total is in the pocket. If we include these pre-2018 earnings, those from byproducts such as TinyTan or BT21, and AD payments, I guess they reach 50-60 million per person comfortably.

• Damn that is an insane amount of money. JK dropping $7 million on his house probably said to the real estate agent “ wait I think I have $7 mill in my pocket, my walking around money” or “I keep that in my change cup in my car”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!