So, what do you think about the future of 2023 4th gen releases?

• No one knows that 2022 will be packed with many many bops. I'll just share my thought for gg releases, since I'm following more ggs than bgs, but if you had any insight on bgs, feel free to share your thoughts too!

Like I said, 2022 is full of bops and each month we got at least 1 good release.

In January we got Yena's Smiley

Feburary was Taeyeon's INVU

March was the born of Gidle's SOTY, Tomboy

April was also SOTY birth, IVE's Love Dive

and so on.

We really also had many hits from some 4th gen ggs this year, All with different sound to them.

Gidle had that rock and classical themes

IVE with their love dive thingy (idk people said that it was "dark-pop"? but i dont understand) and their disco-pop

Newjeans with their RnB sound

So, what would be the trends in 2023?

will some groups try to follow those sounds mentioned above?

So they could join the bandwagon or simply got some leverage on marketing since kpop stans really love comparing things?

(like the infamous "X's are better song than Y's" or "X ended Y")

or would 2023 even filled with more different sounds, since maybe many company realize that if they release a different sounds from the market, then they will hit big?

because actually Gidle's, IVE's, Newjeans' and even Le Sserafim's Anti Fragile with their reggaeton are hits because they are all outlier?

or, would 2023 release gonna having more groups that are bringing back the nostalgia?

(like, After Like are taking this one, and I've seen some people saying Newjeans also had nostalgic feeling with their RnB. Heck, even CSR could rising among the nugudom because they bringing back the teensy-innocent vibes that Gfriend have)

What do you think? What would 2023 sounds like?

• The 4th generation started in 2018 with Idle and Izone, then Itzy, Aespa and Stayc. Now, the 4.5 generation is here starting with Ive, then Kepler, Nmixx, Leserafim and Newjeans. The peak of 4th gen has already started this year and will continue for at least two more years. 2025 will mark the start of 5th gen (i think BTS coming back after hiatus will mark the transition to a new era).

As for 2023, all i want are more Izone crumbs and a fusion of Kpop and the best rock subgenre ever made (70s and 80s arena rock/hair metal). I'm talking real rock bands like Bon Jovi, Journey, Poison, Guns n Roses, Bruce Springsteen, U2, real rock acts like Meatloaf. I loved some of the fusion we already got like Yena and Yuri's titles and TXT's Lovesong and Loserlover. But emo rock and pop rock just dont do it for me the way that beautiful 70s and 80s rock can.

• TXT keeps repeating the concept is something moas will love/and have anticipated but the catch is that we kinda like everything, from magical brighter sounds to sexier sounds (such as the nappeun namja or mirotic covers they did) so we're lost ;( There would be rock influence continuing but as the love/heartbreak kinda closes itself, I think it's at least different from the past few eras!

But they are coming back in January, probably late Jan so everyone let's anticipate :saint:

• TXT keeps repeating the concept is something moas will love/and have anticipated but the catch is that we kinda like everything, from magical brighter sounds to sexier sounds (such as the nappeun namja or mirotic covers they did) so we're lost ;( There would be rock influence continuing but as the love/heartbreak kinda closes itself, I think it's at least different from the past few eras!

But they are coming back in January, probably late Jan so everyone let's anticipate :saint:

I do kinda interested in what would txt bring next year

• As for 2023, all i want are more Izone crumbs and a fusion of Kpop and the best rock subgenre ever made (70s and 80s arena rock/hair metal). I'm talking real rock bands like Bon Jovi, Journey, Poison, Guns n Roses, Bruce Springsteen, U2, real rock acts like Meatloaf. I loved some of the fusion we already got like Yena and Yuri's titles and TXT's Lovesong and Loserlover. But emo rock and pop rock just dont do it for me the way that beautiful 70s and 80s rock can.

maybe the rise of rock is a highly likely, but it maybe more of pop rock rather than the 80s?

• Praying for the early 2000s pop/rock sound to die out because almost none of it works.

• I really hope we continue to have the diversity we had in gg sounds - even if I didn’t care for all of it, I liked that there were so many different styles and sounds and even groups I didn’t usually care for had tracks I loved.

I hope that the groups that are different don’t throw away what makes them different and unique. NMIXX just needs better songs, not do completely shift to vanilla gg music. Similarly, I hope aespa doesn’t walk away from what made them unique and interesting, altho RV and NCT another show that SM isn’t afraid to continue being different with a group, even if it means they don’t always vibe with the GP. I wan another MambaLevelSavage not another YeppiDreamsLife. I think there are other groups that do that type of music well.

I hope some of the 4th Gen bg start to figure out their sound and style. Many of them have posssibilities but still I think struggle with this more so than the gg, who have been able to clearly define their specific styles.

I’m really looking forward to the NCT Japan debut and how their style will vary from the other units. It’s also an interesting group tto me because the rookies killed it on their debut and they have one of the best rappers and best dancers in NCT in that unit with Sungchan and Shotaro, respectfully.

I hope we get a full album from WayV. The upcoming mini is looking like it’s going to be a big success so I’m hopeful for music there as they also age and develop.

I’m curious what Purple Kiss is going to do but I don’t know. Each album sells more than the last one but I don’t know how patient RBW is, esp with the gg explosion. I know a lot of people feel like they’re all over the place with their concepts too.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!