There are few acts which can do big concerts in Korea - what act will take the initiative for the 4th Gen in Kpop?

• Who will be the Front Runner of the 4th Generation? 28

1. NCT (4) 14%
    2. txt (1) 4%
    3. Stray Kids (2) 7%
    4. aespa (12) 43%
    5. Ive (4) 14%
    6. Le Sserafim (2) 7%
    7. Treasure (3) 11%

After 15 years of KPop , the ranking singer of the Korean Pop is a nonKpopper in the person of IU.

Now, only she is capable of having a concert at the Chamshil Olympic Stadium.

It is not known whether individual BTS members can hold a concert of their own at Korea's biggest venue.

Even GDragon, who had an individual concert at Tokyo Dome, could only manage Gymnastics Arena and a one day event at the Sang-am soccer stadium (45,000 capacity).

Lim Youngwoong, the trottist, will also have his concert at the Gymnastics, not the olympic stadium.

Although there has been rumors of the Olympic Stadium being remodeled for more than 2 years, it seems the funding is not readily available because of current world events, so I think there will be an opportunity for Lee JIeun to do a concert at there before the remodeling (supposedly) begins at the end of year.

-----

Because BTS' domination was so complete, the 4th generation did not have a chance to develop a front runner.

aespa appears to be the front runner, but NCT Dream will be a good contender.

txt and stray kids will fight for the throne too.

Ive and Le Sserafim will have a strong contention, and if YG feels like it, Treasure will enter the fray.

There are a few more undebuted groups which might join the fight, but since I don't know too much about them, I can't mention them as of now.

For the first time since 2016, there is a free for all contention for who will be the boss of KPop.

I think the act which has the first concerts at the Sang'am soccer stadium will probably win the title of the front runner of the 4th Generation since the Olympic Stadium will be probably out of action for 2023 and 2024. Only two 3rd Gen acts, EXO and BTS, managed to do it. (IU belongs to the 2nd Generation.)

Given the opportunity is now wide open, whoever makes the first move will probably have the greatest advantage.

• I hope IVE, they caught my attention the most from those in the list

And they'll pay the filial duty to senior singer the most, which in kpop means making a pact with the devil. You never flop again after you record an IU cover, it can be proven with the melon chart data statistics.

Of course. Whoever pays the finest filial duty to the Senior Singer, will succeed.

• I think there will be an opportunity for Lee JIeun to do a concert at there before the remodeling (supposedly) begins at the end of year

It would be nice

But doubtful with "Dream" promotions upcoming and then there is her ear issue.

So she might not.

As to whether even BTS solos can outsell her in S.Korea,

If they can't be said to have done that that as a group, then can they do as solos?

I know they have the lead on digital points since 2017, but the from 2013 when they debuted?

So something like Taeyeon.

I don't expect either IU or BTS members to be very busy in the upcoming period.

BTS even if they don't enlist, will take it easier. And IU with her ear issues, will pivot more towards acting. In any case, her pattern is 1 year hectic and then 2-3 years lite.

• Dream is not an ambitious movie and the director is not Kore-eda. At most an invitation of Park Seojoon to Palette and one or two weeks of promotion. The Concert will only take a couple days, probably in late Oct.

She sold all the concert kits, so she has to deliver something this year, which might be why the ott drama was cancelled because its filming schedule had changed.

BTS solos will initially do well. But will all of them continue to do well? That is another story.

Seokjin will enlist late this year, Yoongi early next year and the rest will do solo work or some collabos. However, after the initial excitement, it will be sink or swim.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• I hope IVE, they caught my attention the most from those in the list

And they'll pay the filial duty to senior singer the most, which in kpop means making a pact with the devil. You never flop again after you record an IU cover, it can be proven with the melon chart data statistics.

Future historians will have a lot to say about this strange situation of Kpop acts getting approval from a nonKpopper.

• i doubt the 4th GGs can do it not even Twice, BP, or SNSD has not done huge concerts in Korea. The 4th gen BGs can't even chart on melon so that does not look feasible. Looks like the next groups will be Seventeen and NCT

Well now the whole situation has changed, and nature abhors a vacuum.

• I thought Koreeda more of an art house director, Broker would be low key, but they promoted it massively, at least in SK.

Dream with PSJ, won't be any less promoted than Broker.

But you are correct, since she sold the newb light sticks, a concert must be in the offing, whatever be the scale - Olympic or not.

BTS solos, the fandom itself will keep them going very well, as long as they don't collide between the 7 and for a good few years, if well managed

And given the lack of top notch male soloists in K-pop , their competition isn't much - Kang Daniel, other group soloists from EXO or G-Dragon, if they are inclined.. they will top that category.

But the question is whether they can beat the top groups which are already rising and of course the SKUL, Supermo of K-pop ULs .. That needs watching.

If GIDLE TOMBOY is already posing a challenge to YTC.. Then.

• So how about this?

Whichever 4th gen act, that gets to be the guest-act in IU's concert at the Jamsil Olympic Stadium, can be dubbed as the leader of the 4th Gen

That should hit all your weird criteria.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!