Why this forum not really talk about BG? Where are all their fans go?

• The only boy groups that consistently being talked here is Bts then majority of other threads are all about girl groups. Where's all the bg stans in this forum especially the 4th gen ones? Where you all going? To the twitter or reddit, I guess? And why you all running from this site?

We don't have xxx vs xxx anymore here for 4th bg when the Ive vs Nj vs Lsf vs Itzy vs Aespa vs StayC vs Nmixx vs Kep1er vs etc... still going on here. Allkpop slowly turn to gg centered forum and I'm not complaining just wonder where all the bg stans that used to be in here and why they left this site or not really actively talking about their groups here in k-lounge.

• Most of the NCTzens left because of how toxic the forum is. At least on twitter you can curate things better.

• I'll make more p1harmony threads then :thumbs-up:

stream back down

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I think a lot of the bg stans are multis, which can give off the impression that they lean more gg than bg. I feel like STAYs and NCTzens are pretty prominent around here, and there are a lot of tiny pockets of stans for groups like Xdinary Heroes.

But you're right that I know 2nd gen had a lot more "strictly boy groups" fans, and these days, I can only think of xx-jenn-xx

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I think a lot of the bg stans are multis, which can give off the impression that they lean more gg than bg. I feel like STAYs and NCTzens are pretty prominent around here, and there are a lot of tiny pockets of stans for groups like Xdinary Heroes.

But you're right that I know 2nd gen had a lot more "strictly boy groups" fans, and these days, I can only think of xx-jenn-xx

I was quite active back then during 2nd and 3rd gen era where bg stans still very active here. Few years later when I cb to this forum, everyone seems to only talking about Bts and gg. That's why I wonder, I know a lot of multis here but why they're not talk about the bg that they stan too? Is it because pack of respond from other users so most people here stick with gg topics that might bring more traffic?

• I was quite active back then during 2nd and 3rd gen era where bg stans still very active here. Few years later when I cb to this forum, everyone seems to only talking about Bts and gg. That's why I wonder, I know a lot of multis here but why they're not talk about the bg that they stan too? Is it because pack of respond from other users so most people here stick with gg topics that might bring more traffic?

Maybe? I think there's certainly an aspect of, a lot of people don't really make threads, but will participate in threads other people make. So the big threadmakers tend to drive discussion, and if I was one of them, I know I'd talk about the stuff that interested me most too, lol.

let's be friends

• I was thinking a similar thing but first of all, there is not a lot of talk about: large BGs, medium/small GGs, or medium/small BGs. It is really just the large GGs.

As for why, people keep saying this point of there are a lot of top GGs right now that everyone is familiar with because they debuted recently. In 2022 alone there were Nmixx, LSF, NJ, Kep1er. And Ive in Dec 2021. (MAMA collab participants)

And even these groups don't have a lot of talking about them outside of the day that they come back. I think there are just not a lot of discussion about groups in general outside of the day of their comeback, which is natural behavior

• This forum never talked about BG. The only other BG that ever really got talked about on this forum was EXO a few years ago.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• In part I think it’s because boy groups aren’t as popular in Kpop right now period. We’ve had an extremely dominant girl group year. Compare Ive’s popularity to a group like Tempest. Last big boy group debut was Enhypen and that was over two years ago. There isn’t anything new going on with boy groups so there isn’t a lot to talk about. Plus girl groups have always had more casual fans so the average user is familiar with a larger numbers of girl groups, even if their ult is a boy group.

Hi, Yes, Hello

STAN INFINITE.

and all my other faves

2nd Gen

**Highlight (2009)**

**Infinite (2010)**

3rd Gen

A.C.E (2017)

Astro (2016)

BTOB (2012)

**IN2IT** (2017)

Monsta X (2015)

Pentagon (2016)

**SF9** (2016)

**UP10TION** (2015)

VAV (2015)

Victon (2016)

VIXX (2012)

4th Gen

**Ateez** (2018)

BAE173 (2020)

Bz-Boys (2019)

DKB (2020)

DKZ (2019)

**E'Last** (2020)

F.able (2020)

Ghost9 (2020)

Just B (2021)

Kingdom (2020)

**Luminous** (2021)

M.O.N.T (2019)

Nine.I (2022)

Omega X (2021)

**Trendz** (2022)

Triger (2019)

VeriVery (2019)

Xeed (2022)

• We're active in guilds, hidden in plain sight on the main forum.

• A few answers here:

- This forum has been extremely toxic towards specific groups. That may be no different than the past where there were groups that got hated but what is different than the past is that now you can just scamper off to cozy territory.

I can go babble about how excited I am about NCT 127's comeback on Discord with like-minded peeps or Twt (where I can curate who I see and deal with) instead of having my thread crashed by people who want to tell me how the music makes their ears bleed, islands full of bulk bought albums, bUt tHe sTrEamS or how I'm just a horny stupid girl who doesn't listen to the music. I even made a NCT bingo card (and usually got bingo) because I knew what was coming. I'm a contrary old bitch so coming in here to chit-chat with people from other fandoms and learn about new music outweighs the bs, but I get not everyone wants to deal with that (see also Teumes, Ahgase, Carats and Stays, who are others who skedaddled off of here).

Now that there are even fewer of us, I don't see the appeal of kicking us, but it is what is.

Kpop is fun. If it's stressing you out, change your situation - which people have.

NCT Bingo Card

- The split in forums. When they redivided the forums to split the new releases to the other forum, a lot of the chatter around new releases ends up over there so it can seem like there's "no buzz" around an album release and it puts any chatter out of sight (and out of mind)

- Guilds. Going back to the first points, guilds are cozy and comfortable with no one jumping into your thread to talk shit unless it's the type of shit fans talk like about which tt they hate. Granted, many of those are also slower due to point one. (I know mine is.)

- Also we're here and we're talking. People keep saying 'oh I don't see bg threads' but I see a number of threads where bg fans are indeed talking about new comebacks or songs or performances or what's happening in groups. They're smaller threads, but they're here. I feel like people aren't actually looking at the threads when they make statements like this.

On the first page of the klounge alone, not counting BTS threads, I see Quarkie with a BI thread, Alice with a SuJu thread, a Cha Eunwoo thread, bluetree with a TXT thread, fire monster with a nugu bg, then on page 2 4 or 5 Shinee related threads from lulu. There's also usually a few EXO threads at any given time. In Knews, NCTzens are talking about the NCT Dream winter album, were talking about the WayV album until it got delayed, the Taeyang cb and other smaller groups.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I knew you could deliver! :hug-raccoon:

let's be friends

• OMG, I was wondering what happened! I felt like I heard about it and then it disappeared off the face of the forums.

I can't say I follow NCT news closely, but I adore Ten, so I normally try to give WayV's tracks a listen.

There was actually a lot planned for this cb and they're just started the first day of teasers but there's a mourning period in China rn, so they halted promotions temporarily. SM's calendar is very jam-packed for December so I'm not sure where they'll squeeze them in.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• YA'LL GO STREAM XEED

FIRST BG DEBUT OF DECEMBER 2022

DO IT

GO STARE AT DOHA'S DIMPLES

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

GO GO GO

YA'LL GO VIEW THE NUGU'S THEY ARE THE REVOLUTION

• There was actually a lot planned for this cb and they're just started the first day of teasers but there's a mourning period in China rn, so they halted promotions temporarily. SM's calendar is very jam-packed for December so I'm not sure where they'll squeeze them in.

Oh, that makes sense. I'm glad it's something external going on, rather than an internal delay, since those normally mean something really bad happened.

let's be friends

• It can be hard here when you're a fan of groups that aren't well represented on akp, which is most non-bts boy groups thess days.

You get tired of seeing your faves shaded repeatedly by stans who are popular here when they don't get punished and you don't have the back up to fight back. If you do try to stand up for yourself, you open yourself up to being bashed or bullied yourself. I saw someone tell a poster to "f%#= off a cliff" with no repercussions even though it was reported.

When you do post about your faves, you don't get much traction and if you do, you will often get trolls coming in to tell you that no one cares about your flop group or whatever. People here have even been known to just bash boy group music in and bg stans in general.

Also, while it's understandable that the site is geared towards what's popular, it's kinda disheartening to get shut out of most of the fun stuff cuz most of those are votes based.

I think that's why a lot of people just talk in the guilds if they are here but there's only so much to talk about when you only talk about your own fave with the same small group of folks, especially between cbs. So, people slowly fade away and then when there is a cb, there's no real pull to talk here cuz you've moved on. Then, any new users that do check akp out see that nobody here stans their group and they don't stay. It's a bad cycle.

I love this site and used to be incredibly active. I don't only talk about my faves. I try to participate in the site as a whole and interact with a lot of users, but I'll admit to not being as motivated nowadays now that we've lost so many bg users. Each fandom's users may not have been that many, but collectively, they really enhanced my experience here. Monbebes, Ahgases, Exols, VIPs, Innercircles, Teumes, and all the rest that we've lost over the last few years, I miss you.

• This is actually really sad.

• This thread contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!