Posts by Bananapple

FSS has applied for arrest warrants for three Kakao/Kakao Ent executives including Chief Investment Officer, Bae Jae-hyun and heads of the investment strategy departments for Kakao and Kakao Entertainment, for alleged violations of the Capital Markets Act.FSS alleges that the suspects spent more than 240B to manipulate SM Ent’s stock price above Hybe’s tender offer price in February in order to sabotage Hybe’s takeover bid. FSS also alleges the suspects failed to report their large acquisitions of SM Ent shares in violation of the 5% reporting rule (which requires any entity owning more than 5% to file disclosures when buying or selling shares).

Kakao says that they engaged in a legitimate market purchase to gain control of SM Ent in a battle with Hybe and there was no market manipulation and no damage to Hybe or SM minority shareholders. https://news.kbs.co.kr/news/pc/view/view.do?ncd=7792616

Note: Arrest warrants are issued when a judge is convinced that the suspect is either a danger to the community or a flight risk.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyone please explain it to me like I'm 5. I hate stocks and number but I'm noisy af.

Yes, yes.... we are all aware about it, thanks for pointing it out for 100000 times in every post related to Ive. Can you get at least a new arguments against the girls?

We are always like this, this forum even argue about AAA results. That's the beauty of being a kpop stans, we can called all these awards bias and rigged but still tuned in.

None of them have Bts and hype privileges behind them. Le sserafim is Bang Si Hyuk favourite daughter but did they can achieve what Nj have?

Anyway, yes, Nj still didn't have huge fanbase to selling out that venue because clearly they are still in their rookie days and Mhj might play her card wrong but this is also not their full concert to even put the blame on them solely. If Hybe give them that venue for their own concert than it will be different story. But for this concert, the organiser only open 30k+ seats and with Ateez touring data, these number is actually achievable and Nj definitely can attract around 10k fans or more if only this concert are solely for both of this group. But how many fans willingly pay that expensive ticket to see their faves with probably less than 30 min and watching the rest of performers that they don't even know? This concert have 8 artists as their line up and probably only 2 hours long. Is it worth it especially when Nj said they will have tours soon? I will go for Ateez and Nj only but I don't want to pay for other artists that I can't even sing their songs along and enjoy.

Is this Ador fault too, definitely yes. They didn't research the concert better but I stand still to my opinion, why so pressed lol. Olivia Rodrigo doing better number in the US but still unable to do large stadium tours or have more fans than Bp and Twice. Nj number is not even exaggerated, their album have good streams in Spotify for the first day before SS being added to TTH after having 18 million streams in the first week. But obviously they still need to built their fandom too like everyone else.

Seriously I said, Nj might become Bp 2.0 and stop attending all these awards show if they got no daesang this year.

As for svt winning the daesang, I think it's because they're the only senior group attending that award show. So, I guess the judges give them that Daesang to respect their seniority and attendance because other senior groups didn't care about that show anymore.

kpop was a different landscape when BP and Twice debuted...back then selling 200K-300K albums was already monster numbers and selling out even arena venues was an impossible task (2NE1 in their prime only sold 10K seats at the prudential center)...now selling out arenas is not a big deal and selling a million albums is commonplace.

What? Clearly the landscape has changed a lot, especially with the current intensity of bulk buying (200-300k in the past is equivalent to 1 million today) and the influence of social media in expanding kpop to the West , but gg still doesn't have the huge touring power like bg especially in the west/US despite having crazy sales. Selling 10k seats in the US is still a huge deal for gg, even until today. This is something that only the top ggs can achieve. Mamamoo's highest US attendance was 11k people in Inglewood, Aespa is 10k people in Crypto, Itzy was 5k people in Youtube theaters. They are all the top player in kpop. Yet we have 4-year-old Bp attracted 22k attendance to the Prudential Center in 2019. But even for them, they still needs time to build their fan base stronger before going on a grand tour of large stadiums with capacity of more than 50k people. So is it still really that easy to sell 10k tickets there?

2ne1 did this in 2012, just 4 years after their debut and without the crazy media influence we have today. It's not "only 10k seats", while all the top gg except Bp and Twice still made the same numbers as they were there even with more advantages now. And then again, Nj was only a year old and it wasn't even their show. They deserve time to assert their position there like Bp and Twice. Kpop is still not mainstream in US even until now so the ceiling attendance for touring there not really change a lot except for groups with huge fandom.

I guess we can say that SM never really let their groups' potential and popularity go beyond what they can handle. During Lee Soo Man's time, especially after Tvxq, SM seems to never really want their groups to expand more and have really huge popularity that can threaten the company position in controlling them.

But now after Lsm is gone, I wonder if SM will sticks to this 'strategy' and stops Aespa's growth once the company thinks their popularity is enough or will they continue to push them to their fullest potential.

But. but, but NewJeans is ready to take over BlackPink and Twice.....or so I have been told.

Nj is still on their first year in their careers?? Like did Bp or Twice doing stadium in US or having their concert in huge venues in Korea during their rookie days despite a lot of kpop fans and trolls saying the same thing that these two groups will take over Snsd at that time? Everyone see their potential with sales and streams so those fans and trolls were saying that but even these two groups need more time to establish themselves to prove it. That's exactly what's going on with Nj trajectory now, they also need time like those two groups despite all the potential they have.

So why so pressed about a group of teenager unable to sell out stadium in their rookie year? Even Bp and Twice take 7 years before dare to do stadium in the US, so it's absurd to not giving Nj more time too like these two groups. They are in the right direction to do so with their sales and streams there. They just need to strengthen their core fandom.

Well, I don't think is valid mentioning BP popularity as the reason for Jennie and Jisoo chart, part of BP popularity is because of their songs (produced by Teddy), so If they reached a level that any bp song can chart well is his merit too.

Why it's not valid? Yes, he's one of the reasons why Bp become popular before but not anymore. His songs getting more and more repetitive that it will depend on the artists now to make it viral or charts well not because it's a good songs anymore. And not only Bp, Somi is there too. Bp Korean members can get anyone in the industry to write their songs and still chart in top 5.

Bad example blackpink songs are 80% english lyrics sprinkled with few korean lines, billboard considered born pink an english album and didnt allow it on the world album chart. It works for blackpink on both markets because they get massive promo in both, gidle didnt get that much in any.

What is bad example when it's just a reality that Bp still didn't released a full English album or marketed their album that way. They still have Korean lyrics in their songs which make it more acceptable in Asian market especially in Korea and still have Teddy as their main producer no matter how west side view it.

Not like Gidle TT from Tomboy, Nxde to Queencard lyrics are not 80% in English too. And who tf tell Cube and 88rising not to promote them? So why released it at the first place? To get free money? If they have huge demands there, I can understand this tactic but boy, they have so little demand there so what's the point?

And Bp get massive promo in both side? Where? Did you tripping cuz they just go to two music show for Born Pink and call it a day. Not their fault that they're just that relevant enough in both sides which something that gidle still never had to begin with to even weirdly releasing an English album with no demand at all.

Ive doesnt have any big problem of akgaes. Sure there's a lot of Wony stans but large majority of them are very supportive of all the other members. Same with Yujin who is the 2nd most popular.

If those Wonyoung stans supporting other members too than they are not akgaes but a Dive with Wony as their bias. Akgaes is different from that.

In term of akgaes, Wony and Yujin akgaes always fighting with each other especially this year because Yujin get more gigs than Wonyoung. I think at least in twitter and tiktok everyone acknowledged how toxic Wonyoung akgaes 🤷🏻‍♀️