Is idols going to each other's concert, that unusual??

• I don't follow the Korean concert scene that much.

But now see a bunch of tweets about the list of celebrities who attended IU's concert.

So wondering if it is an unusual thing or not?

Leave aside the actors who attended, since IU is an actress as well.

Don't idols attend others concerts, schedule permitting. Or has this also become like the award shows, where they turn up only if nominated or performing?

Schedules alone aren't a factor, if considering the number of opportunities.

Or is a case like IU an exception, because she isn't seen as a rival to BGs/GGs, company politics etc?

As to actors, they are higher in the hierarchy of celebrities in Korea than idols, so are they known to attend Kpop concerts or only schmooze at some classical music events?

Any examples, where idols go to others' concerts - excluding labelmates going to each others' events?

Not IU and Not labelmates, and as audience, not guesting artists

Edited 4 times, last by bbgc ().

• I can think of two possible reasons:

1. People like seeing interactions between their favorite artists/idols. Even if it's as simple as idols going to other idol's concerts, it strengthens the perception that they must be friends or close.

2. People like seeing their favorite idols jamming out at concerts just like they would. It enforces that the idols are people that can be fans, just like they are.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

1. People like seeing interactions between their favorite artists/idols. Even if it's as simple as idols going to other idol's concerts, it strengthens the perception that they must be friends or close.

2. People like seeing their favorite idols jamming out at concerts just like they would. It enforces that the idols are people that can be fans, just like they are.

I wasn't asking why idols go to others' concerts?

But whether they go to others' concerts?

Any examples?

• I wasn't asking why idols go to others' concerts?

But whether they go to others' concerts?

Any examples?

Yes, of course idols go to other idol's concerts.

Happens all the time.

Jihyo and Jeongyeon were just at IU's concert last weekend, for example.

I remember a few members of BTS were there on the 2nd day too, but don't remember which ones specifically.

Twice went to ITZY's concert. A bunch of groups went to Twice's concert. Jihyo, Lisa, and Minnie met up at a concert. Etc.

Happens all the time.

• I love when It happens, a lot of artists went to see Stray Kids on Maniac Tour and I thought It was cool

Their labelmates of course:

Twice Dahyun

2pm Junho

Niziu members

Xheroes members

JYPNBG (Loud) members

Day6 Sungjin

JYP the man

Others:

Btob Peniel and Minhyuk

Nct Kun and Chenle

Blackpink Lisa

Gidle Minnie and Yuqi

Golden Child Tag

LiSA (japanese singer)

Ayaka Miyoshi (japanese actress)

:pepe-excited:

• i don't think it is? i think this was big because IU's concert was pretty extravagant. she's a big artist so its no surprise lol

• Hey did you read the OP, I am asking because of IU's concert, so that's excluded and labelmates is a different case as well.

So Non-IU and non-labelmates

• I think it's mostly just a neat way to see who are friends since a lot of times they're invited as guests.

It can also lead to funny moments like when NCT's China line went to Seventeen's concert and kept trying to leave, but Aju Nice kept playing. :cryingr:

• yes since idols are like us fans

they are human and are fans of other idols especially those senior to them

also they have idol friends and want to support them

• yes since idols are like us fans

they are human and are fans of other idols especially those senior to them

also they have idol friends and want to support them

Then it should be a regular occurrence.. so examples please.

• Think conversation got crossed.. I replied to you before I saw the other answer,

Besides you didn't have the answer, Minazuki did

So spare the sarcasm based on another person's answer.

I meet sarcasm with sarcasm.

Here's more, if you want more examples from Twice's concert: https://www.allkpop.com/articl…d-twices-concert-in-seoul

Took me all of 7 seconds on Google.

• but its not abnormal to go to other artists' concerts though, i've seen a lot of groups supporting each other.

• bbgc

Changed the title of the thread from “Is idols going to each other's concert, that big a deal?” to “Is idols going to each other's concert, that unusual??”.
  • Because it is a sign of healthy interactions, when Kpop fandoms are notorious for their toxic behaviour.

So I hope it is common for idols to interact that way and bringing it out is a nice thing.

but my question is

you dont know these people personally

why do you care what they like or dislike

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• but my question is

you dont know these people personally

why do you care what they like or dislike

Well at least they are celebrities who have some public impact.

Look at you caring about 'me' a nobody- on what and why I care about.

• Hey did you read the OP, I am asking because of IU's concert, so that's excluded and labelmates is a different case as well.

So Non-IU and non-labelmates

Some members of StayC, some members of Twice, and Lisa (BP) all went to Idle's Korean Concerts.

There were also a few hip-hop artists who went. More -

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well at least they are celebrities who have some public impact.

Look at you caring about 'me' a nobody- on what and why I care about.

that is indeed the point of a direct exchange

im not watching you on TV and wondering what you are doing in your spare time

such a scuffed analogy

just say you dont want to answer im not forcing you

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Sure it is not an equal analogy, but an exchange with made up DPs on a web form is no personal interaction ..

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I like to see good things in the world and artists supporting each other, despite crazy fandoms is one of the such good things.

It makes me glad.

• Sure it is not an equal analogy, but an exchange with made up DPs on a web form is no personal interaction ..

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I like to see good things in the world and artists supporting each other, despite crazy fandoms is one of the such good things.

It makes me glad.

that was a perfectly understandable answer

why did you have to go so angsty

u r m o m g a y

Yep, and it reminds me of how Jihyo, Sana, Tzuyu, and Mina (I think) went to that G-IDLE concert in SK to support their friends... :pleading:

Also how (an example) Lisa went to one of Twice's Seoul concerts from this past world tour...I actually had no idea she was close friends with Jihyo and Mina :pleading:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I think it's pretty cool when they get the opportunity to go to other idol's concerts. Not only can they learn from their stage presence and how they work the crowd but as many have said they are people too with likes and dislikes and if they are all out having fun why not? Even if they idolize other idols and get to fangir/fanboy as well...(pictures e'last going to ateez concerts and freaking out) lol

Recently former N.Cus members posted photos going to Enhypen's concert. They had a blast, why not?!

• I think there's a difference between going as a fan and going to support a friend. I feel like most idols go to each other concerts as supporting friend/labelmate rather than being fans of the artist. So I would say it's some what rare.

• It was unusual in the older days, when idols were rivals of each other, and now things got a lot more cordial, it is not as unusual as it used to be.

• It was unusual in the older days, when idols were rivals of each other, and now things got a lot more cordial, it is not as unusual as it used to be.

Or is it the other way.

The general opinion seems that 2nd gen was more chummy with each other, while the fan wars massively escalated, ship, anti all accelerated, causing groups to be sensitivity..

Maybe things are turning back..

• Lim Seul-ong, a former 2 am member going to Enhypen concert. He is currently signed under Jellyfish Ent and Engenes were shocked that a 2nd gen idol came to Enha's concert lol. They even initially thought that he was Heeseung's brother but was cleared when he posted on his insta holding enha's banner and lightstick. Moreover, he complied with the dress code announced by Jungwon on weverse. :smirks2:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

CONNECT | DISCOVER | GROW

-ENHYPEN-

Edited once, last by ktnaaa ().

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!