Are you happy with your bias groups' 2021 releases?

• Are you satisfied with your bias groups 2021 releases? 79

The result is only visible to the participants.

I keep seeing people call 2021 a bad year overall for kpop but I'm curious if people are at least satisfied with their bias group's music? :whatr:

• Not happy but not mad.

For BP and BTS, no album ( yet ), so that might be why I'm not super satisfied.

Rosé et Lisa's solos were pretty amazing, but I feel like they could have been hyped more, I didn't feel the same excitement than for a OT4 come back ( and I get it ).

For BTS, I liked Film Out, Bycicle and My Universe but I'm not sure it's songs I will come back often to. I love Butter. Can't stand PTD. So it's a mixed bag I guess.

Edit : BTW I can see why most people would be happy for this year. TXT, Twice and Aespa DELIVERED this year. They are not my 'bias' groups, but these are the groups that I watched the most this year.

• Over the moon with them tbh.

NCT: Kick Back wasn't my favorite WayV title track, but the b sides are among some of my favorites from them. Hot Sauce/Hello Future was exactly what I wanted from NCT Dream. Sticker/Favorite just made me love NCT 127 more. Not to mention things like the WayV subunits (Kun & Xiaojun with that beautiful ballad and Ten & Yangyang having a ball) and the other projects like Ten's Station song and Doyoung and Haechan's Maniac and even Save grew on me in the end.

Astro: Switch On wasn't their strongest album I'm proud of all of the members taking part in the production of the album. All Yours was a wonderful album and one of their strongest works. Plus we're gonna get a solo from MJ and it's gonna be trot because of course it is.

GOT7 - Encore was a wonderful gift, but I am so proud of each and every one of them for their solo work. Jaebeom and Youngjae in particular delivered two of my favorite albums of the year. Yugyeom's album was also very strong and Bambam was a wonderful surprise.

• Perfect year for me.

I started stanning TXT in the beginning of the year and the summer release was everything I love. And we getting Frost Mv. That’s all I can thing of right now.

:cryingr:

I started stanning Exo when they released DFTF and I love it!

NCT: Sticker is amazing, and today we got Favorite. More great songs to enjoy.

Purple Kiss: Debut album Ponzona and Zombie mini album was both amazing! No complain about my girls either!

For the casual groups:

Enhypen (amazing year, great song), BTS (missed me with the English releases except Butter and My universe) The boys (Thrillride is a great album and Maverick is coming. I’m excited!)

• Yes, very very happy. I have zero complains about my faves's releases this year, just amazing.

• ONF - Im pretty happy but my wallet is not.

OMG- its good but it could be better if they release another one this year.

B1A4- no new content and Sandeul will be enlisting next month.

• not that happy, but defo not mad... bts only had singles this year soooooooo right off the bat that kinda sucks :pepecute: loved butter and film out, my universe aged like fine milk and ptd is like that bit in doctor sleep where i have to lock it away in a coffin in my mind so that it doesn't come attack me.

• Yes,

For BTS, I adored Butter and My Universe, plus the solo songs released by the members

Both of Stayc albums were great, Ill be there is a top 2021 track

And RV Queendom was awesome too, also Wendy and Joy released albums

Also the groups I follow casually also brought it, the most are ITZY and TXT, they wowed me this year

I do think 2020 was stronger but 2021 is pretty great too :borahae::borahae:

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• He didn't release anything yet in 2021 so I'm still waiting for something I'm expecting ost with his new drama

he only released an anime ost and I'm happy with it(still obsessed with it :lover1: )

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don’t understand the complaints..both my bias groups’ and groups I casually listen to have either put out some great tracks or just comeback from hibernation well.

I’ve been really really happy.

For my biases:

The NCT sub units have been putting out some of their best work post-Resonance.

NCT 127: While Loveholic was a bit mixed, the Sticker album/Favorite repackage is the best of their career IMO. A cohesive excellent experience that spans all the sides of 127: unexpected instrumentals, heavenly vocals, propulsive raps and a slick balance between buttery r&b and modern hip hop lite tracks.

WayV: Kick Back was a great EP that showed growth and improvement by the already very good vocalists with some really exceptional b-sides. The tt is not my favorite but the overall EP is really strong.

NCT Dream: Their music has never been my taste but the Hot Sauce/Hello Future albums made me a Dreamzen! Outstanding vocals, well crafted songs and a fresh blend of r&b-inflected pop.

EXO: I was hoping we’d get an anniversary single or something, so getting the gift of an EP was really exciting and unexpected. Well made with the amazing EXO vocal power and some b-sides that moved into my favorite all time list.

Baekhyun: I was already happy with the sleek r&b of his Japanese EP and then he came and crushed it with the sexy, slinky Bambi album and a vocal fireworks show. Cry for Love is still my SOTY.

My only disappointment from my faves this year was the D.O. solo, as I was expecting an r&b tour de force and his musical direction was more adult contemporary pop. There are still a few songs I loved on the EP and it was all gorgeously performed.

For the groups I casually follow:

- The Shinee album was a knock out, the aespa album was strong and the Red Velvet album was also a solid return. I was glad to have them come back!

And then there are the groups I’ve fallen for this year and gotten to know!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Even thhough it's a pity they didnt release a full album yes I am very happy with the special album we got in 2021. Runaway and Paradise are among my fav Exo tracks

:pepecute:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• "happy" is an understatement :pepe-sad:

External Content open.spotify.com

Nothing but quality

• for my favs...

Twice - KK was fine, PW was great, AF grew on me, TF was meh...so overall ok

BP - I liked what Rosé and Lisa did so overall ok

Izone - wasn't a fan of Pananorama but beware was ok...overall ok I guess

Itzy - liked both Mafia and Loco so ok

Aespa - BL grew on me but Savage was meh so overlal ok

RV - liked Queendom and Like Water - hello from joy was meh so overall ok

Gidle - I liked their solos and Hwaa was great so overall ok

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!