Comebacks that disappointed you 2021 edition

• Hello all!! So I’m just trying to compile the opinions of the kpop world to see what’s up!!! Tbh the new forum is just difficult for me to navigate in general sooooo I need to do it organically.

Just state the comebacks and why. Be it because you are a genuine fan and it didn’t meet expectations, because other people liked it enough for you to check it and it wasn’t your taste or whatever!

I’ll start! I was actually the most disappointed this year than I’ve ever been in music generally, but definitely in kpop the most. **this isn’t a ranking merely a list**

This is just fresh in my mind because someone made a thread specifically about it:

LALISA. LISA.

NEXT LEVEL. AESPA.

ON THE GROUND. ROSÉ.

Onto the next one yall!!

I’M NOT COOL. HYUNA.

NOT SHY/MITM. ITZY.

I honestly have a lot more so I’m going to take a break. Maybe I’ll edit this list to add in.

It’s been a minute and I’ve taken a hit and I’m ready for some more disappointment!

DUN DUN DANCE. OH MY GIRL.

THE SONG JOY PUT OUT. JOY.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Edited 2 times, last by bangmenah: Added spoilers ().

• Lalisa (I had high expectations since I like all BP songs)

Next level (I liked their debut song, so I got let down with this song)

Hanse - Take over (He's hot so I was hoping for a good song, but nope)

Speaking of he’s hot:

Jackson Wang (so ho, bad music)

Opposite problem of Wonho. Open mind actively makes me feel sexy and like he’s the one for me. I just know he believed in Gay Rights

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• Disappointments for me were SJ and SHINEE - I found their songs boring and they are capable of better imo.

True SM really kind of wasn’t it for me this year. Red Velvet is what keeps them relevant to me aside from the occasional Taeyeon release and my obligation to listen to Next Level every once in a while to check if I like it yet

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• I didn't really like last dance by gidle, fireworks by ateez(thankfully deja vu made up for it) and I think that is it. I probably forgot some.

I’ve never listened to Last Dance by gidle but if it doesn’t include Soojin Im not interested because she has the best voice and stage presence

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• i don't think i was disappointed by any releases (actually that's a lie)

but the ones that i wasn't feeling would be low low by ten and yangyang and paint me naked by ten.

Don't get me wrong, paint me naked is a fun song i listen to all the time. its very catchy and addictive. But I felt as if I was expecting more from him? Maybe it was because i wanted something less bright and cheery?

As for low low, it just sounded way too generic to me. I couldn't enjoy a second of it because the song just lacked a lot. Maybe WayV raised the bar for me with all of their comebacks (rightfully so, everything from regular to kick back was great), but i just was not for the vibe they had with this release.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!