Kinda late but Lisa's solo was not what I expected...

• I'm sorry I know yall are prob tired of these reviews but to start when I read that the title track was her name in my head I instantly thought omg is she going to make a song about her life? Like a little life story from being a regular girl who reached her superstar dream! The fact she also stated that she would incorporate her thai culture I thought maybe there would be some interesting cultural references in there if you know what I mean. I thought I would learn something new about her.

But damn I expected too much lol and the fact that it was obviously not written by her kinda surprised me since I was thinking as a self titled track she would at least participate in the writing like Rose did for her kinda self titled mini album. The mv was pretty nice but I did not expect the thai reference just being a short clip in the mv. The lyrics just didn't scream THIS IS LISA to me but just another basic "I'm the best" song that I could even imagine blackpink singing it.

And plz even though I thought the lyrics weren't amazing the choreo just blew my mind! I was like ok the song is meh but I thought the choreo was gonna be her redemption but when the chorus came man that was disappointing to watch. It literally felt like a tiktok dance no offence. YG did her so dirty for that one like she's the MAIN DANCER! Not even gonna talk about Money since it felt like another basic "i'm rich" song and too much repetition.

Idky I expected a little bit more for Lisa. Maybe because she's the most popular bp member or she used to be my bias but I guess Yg don't want to try going out of their bubbles. It sucks seeing all this talent not being used to their full extent.

Idk how Jisoo's solo will turn out but for now Solo stays #1 because the song was pretty enjoyable song and dance wise and even though I didn't really enjoy OTG, it still felt like this was something that described Rose with the storyline.

• Can we normalize accepting that we didn’t like our faves music without accusing everyone and everything of doing them dirty ?

Lisa seems very happy, her family shared tears. I guess everything went the way she wanted it to be. If you don’t like it, it’s fine, just move on. If she went more personal and people still didn’t like it what then?

Rosé solo was very personal and people still thought it was a disappointment and it should have been this way or that way… like nothing they do will please people.

• I know it's not your intention op, but I'm so tired of all this negativism towards Lisa music. Lalisa screams Lisa and people saying: "oh, another BP song", nope, this is Lisa.

I'm happy Lisa is in this phase of life full of happiness bc the same people who aren't supporting this debut bc it wasn't their "taste", wouldn't support her if she pulled an Adele or any other thing.

Every damn BP cb or pinks solo people are like this. Every cb.

Anyways, the negativism is already big enough, just let fans hype and celebrate in peace! 5 threads of the same subject every day isn't cute neither important.

• Overall i really enjoyed the music. But same I also had high expectations. I thought she was gonna shake the whole kpop industry since she was considered as one of the talented ones. I thought the song would be more hip hop and would have a hard choreo considering lisa is one of the best performer in the industry.

It was a let down to me. Think in some parts it seemed like her high pitched vocal tone didnt go along with the song? Rap is fire tho.

Personally I think this solo highlighted her flaws more than the skill she is best at.

• I didn't have any expectations. In terms of visuals and performance, it was expected quality. In terms of the track, it didn't feel "complete" which isn't normal for YGE and any other Blackpink/solo track. Forgoing customizing the vocal approach more to suit Lisa's strengths was an oversight I thought YGE had more than enough competence to not make.

YGE is known for rap. Lisa has many verses where her raps were the highlight of the track. Kind of a no-brainer to have her rap more than what is typical. To do something "different" by having her rap around the same or a similar amount as Jennie and Somi is hella counterintuitive based on track record of execution.

Some of the choreo being recycled didn't sit right with me either. I thought YGE would have delivered more consistently cool on both the audio and visuals. Some true cool "all-out YGE 'ish" would have been 6 bars in the first verse, "wowing" choreo throughout, and the title track in 3 languages (South Korean, English, and Thai).

• I didn't have any expectations. In terms of visually and performance it was expected quality. In terms of the track, it didn't feel "complete" which isn't normal for YGE and any other Blackpink/solo track. Forgoing customizing the vocal approach more to suit Lisa's strengths was an oversight I think YGE has more than enough competence to not make.

YGE is known for rap. Lisa has many verses where her raps were the highlight of the track. Kind of a no-brainer to have her rap more than what is typical. To do something "different" by having her rap around the same or a similar amount as Jennie and Somi is hella counterintuitive based on track record of execution.

Some of the choreo being recycled didn't sit right with me either. I thought YGE would have delivered more consistently cool on both audio and visual. Some true cool "all-out YGE 'ish" would have been 6 bars in first verse, wowing choreo, and the title track in 3 languages (South Korean, English, and Thai).

Isn't obvious that they tried to sabotage her? If you look at the MV. They tried to make her MV about stereotyping Thailand bc she's a foreigner. While other members can have their western visually vibes in their music video. Isn't obvious that they treat her differently just bc she's from Thailand. Yes sure it's great she doesn't forget her roots. But why don't rosé and Jennie have there whole scenes in the MV about their Korean stereotypes as well? They are both just being pretty singing their songs in the MVs

• I know it's not your intention op, but I'm so tired of all this negativism towards Lisa music. Lalisa screams Lisa and people saying: "oh, another BP song", nope, this is Lisa.

I'm happy Lisa is in this phase of life full of happiness bc the same people who aren't supporting this debut bc it wasn't their "taste", wouldn't support her if she pulled an Adele or any other thing.

Every damn BP cb or pinks solo people are like this. Every cb.

Anyways, the negativism is already big enough, just let fans hype and celebrate in peace! 5 threads of the same subject every day isn't cute neither important.

hmm i think the fact people keep saying that the song screams blackpink honestly just shows how important lisa is in blackpink and how responsible she is for their image.

Lisa is to me the member that represents blackpink the best so in a way it makes sense her solo was so blackpink esque

so take it as a compliment :thumbup:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Isn't obvious that they tried to sabotage her? If you look at the MV. They tried to make her MV about stereotyping Thailand bc she's a foreigner. While other members can have their western visually vibes in their music video. Isn't obvious that they treat her differently just bc she's from Thailand. Yes sure it's great she doesn't forget her roots. But why don't rosé and Jennie have there whole scenes in the MV about their Korean stereotypes as well? They are both just being pretty singing their songs in the MVs

.... LISA IS THE ONE THAT ASKED FOR THAI VIBES.

Also lisas song is the solo that targetted the western market the most.

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• these post make literally no sense every time i read one yall build up these random expectations based off nothing and are disappointed when they are not met. majority of blackpink dont have writing credits why would you randomly assume lisa would be part of it now smh. bp has never had intense or spectacular choreo. and the dumbest of all lisa is the most popular so i was expecting better???? what does her popularity have to do with the song lmao. songs arent good or bad based on a artist popularity lmao but it does help with achievements which she crushed since she is extremely popular

• Isn't obvious that they tried to sabotage her?

I don't understand. Why would YGE sabotage her? She brings money lol. Anyway, Lisa could've participated in writing, obviously, she didn't as it is probably not her expertise - which I don't mind. To compensate though I think she participated in designing the set or something. I guess it has something to do with their decision-making. They must've thought that Lalisa would be a total bop or will be well-received by the public. Well, her fans would absolutely support whatever music she releases but for the general public I guess no one would want to sing/play a song with unrelatable lyrics and the singer's name on repeat.

• .... LISA IS THE ONE THAT ASKED FOR THAI VIBES.

Also lisas song is the solo that targetted the western market the most.

LISA ASKED FOR HER POLE DANCE SCENE WHICH STEREOTYPE THAI WOMEN TOO? DIDN'T KNOW LISA WOULD HAVE THAT IDEA? OBVIOUSLY NOT. LISA HAS NO SAY IN THIS MV. THEY JUST MADE HER SAY SHE HAS BEEN INVOLVED.

LISA WANTED TO SING ABOUT DOLLA BILLS YENZ AND OTHER TYPE OF MONEY DROPPING ON HER BODY AT NIGHT TOO? THIS IS RACIST AT ITS FINEST . ISNT IT THEY INTENTION STEREOTYPING THAI WOMEN?

• LISA ASKED FOR HER HER POLE DANCE SCENE WHICH STEREOTYPE THAI WOMEN TOO? DIDN'T KNOW LISA WOULD HAVE THAT IDEA? OBVIOUSLY NOT. LISA HAS NO SAY IN THIS MV. THEY JUST MADE HER SAY SHE HAS BEEN INVOLVED

DOES SHE ALSO NOT TAKE PART IN HER OWN INTERVIEWS THEN???

you clearly stan some idealised version of lisa in your head

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• these post make literally no sense every time i read one yall build up these random expectations based off nothing and are disappointed when they are not met. majority of blackpink dont have writing credits why would you randomly assume lisa would be part of it now smh. bp has never had intense or spectacular choreo. and the dumbest of all lisa is the most popular so i was expecting better???? what does her popularity have to do with the song lmao. songs arent good or bad based on a artist popularity lmao but it does help with achievements which she crushed since she is extremely popular

BECAUSE THE SONG IS TITLED AFTER HERSELF

ALSO EVEN IF SHE DIDNT WRITE HER OWN LYRICS THEY SHOULDVE ATLEAST WROTE LYRICS THAT ACTUALLY REPRESENTED HER LIKE SHE TOLD THEM TO

IM NOT ANGRY

CAPS BUTTON IS STUCK

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• DOES SHE ALSO NOT TAKE PART IN HER OWN INTERVIEWS THEN???

you clearly stan some idealised version of lisa in your head

Yes they probably asked her to say it. They probably ask her if the lighting is ok and say she's been involved. Even dumb people would know how Lisa is as a person. She has lots of haters in Thailand. It's obvious they are talking about Thailand stereotype in the MV.

• ・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• If you look at every scene in the MV you would know almost every scene is about Thailand including pole dance.

• If you look at every scene in the MV you would know almost every scene is about Thailand including pole dance.

But how is that racist? She’s dancing on a pole, and even if her culture is involved, I still don’t understand how that’s racist? I mean, you can not like it, but calling it racist doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not trying to come for you or make fun of you, but trying to understand your point of view.

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• But how is that racist? She’s dancing on a pole, and even if her culture is involved, I still don’t understand how that’s racist? I mean, you can not like it, but calling it racist doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not trying to come for you or make fun of you, but trying to understand your point of view.

Stereotyping a country is racist. Don't you understand it? Thailand is not the way outsiders think it is. I am from Thailand and I am so tired of western people view Thai women as one thing. And if you look at Jennie and Rosé MVs. You can see that they have western visuals everywhere in their MVs.

• Can we normalize accepting that we didn’t liked our faves music without accusing everyone and everything of doing them dirty ?

Lisa seems very happy, her family shared tears. I guess everything went the way she wanted it to be. If you don’t like it, it’s fine, just move on. If she went more personal and people still didn’t like it what then?

Rosé solo was very personal and people still thought it was a disappointment and it should have been this way or that way… like nothing they do will please people.

On point

/end thread/

• Stereotyping a country is racist. Don't you understand it? Thailand is not the way outsiders think it is. I am from Thailand and I am so tired of western people view Thai women as one thing. And if you look at Jennie and Rosé MVs. You can see that they have western visuals everywhere in their MVs.

............. if lisa really thought it was racist then she would not have allowed them to do it.

it looks like you're the one stereotyping thailand from a video

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I don't care that Lisa didn't write the song but the song is kind of underwhelming for me. I don't mind the simple choreography as it is easier to go viral. Overall I think YG did not utilize fully Lisa's strengths which is a real shame. Lisa's solo had a lot of potential. But the MV and styling was gorgeous and I love how Lisa incorporate her Thai culture into the MV.

• Stereotyping a country is racist. Don't you understand it? Thailand is not the way outsiders think it is. I am from Thailand and I am so tired of western people view Thai women as one thing. And if you look at Jennie and Rosé MVs. You can see that they have western visuals everywhere in their MVs.

I think you're stereotyping your own country. I'm not from Thailand and i didn't for a second relate all those scenes you've said to the country.

• I don't care that Lisa didn't write the song but the song is kind of underwhelming for me. I don't mind the simple choreography as it is easier to go viral. Overall I think YG did not utilize fully Lisa's strengths which is a real shame. Lisa's solo had a lot of potential. But the MV and styling was gorgeous and I love how Lisa incorporate her Thai culture into the MV.

You really didnt like the song? I'm getting more and more addicted to it, i think it's entering my SOTY contender list along with other heavyweights like MITM, Alcohol Free, Lovesong, Next Level, etc.

• Isn't obvious that they tried to sabotage her? If you look at the MV. They tried to make her MV about stereotyping Thailand bc she's a foreigner. While other members can have their western visually vibes in their music video. Isn't obvious that they treat her differently just bc she's from Thailand. Yes sure it's great she doesn't forget her roots. But why don't rosé and Jennie have there whole scenes in the MV about their Korean stereotypes as well? They are both just being pretty singing their songs in the MVs

Seriously, why would an agency sabotage their artist if they know that artist will bring in a lot of money for them????? It's business at the end of the day and they want profits. Please use your mind. The Thai scene was what Lisa wants and excited the most about her MV. If you are truly her fan, I am surprised that you are complaining about it. It's normal if someone likes or dislike a song. Every one had their own taste of music. I don't know why we are making a big deal of it. Just enjoy the song and move on. That's all.

I don’t understand. I don’t see any harm in Lisa dancing on a pole. She’s not disrespecting the Thai culture at all. If it was disrespectful she wouldn’t have added it in. It’s obvious she loves her culture, hence that she’s always been proud of where she comes from, and she even has a whole part dedicated to the Thai culture in her solo. And what do you mean by “one thing”? Lisa isn’t pushing any type of stereotype, in fact, she’s breaking them. She’s a Thai women, breaking all sorts of records in a Korean industry. She’s breaking the barrier for thai women ,and I think she’s doing an amazing job at representing her culture.

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

Edited 2 times, last by GoldenNini ().

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!