Posts by blackpearl123

I think those are my top 3 kdramas of 2021 so far (there were more i wanted to watch but they weren't short compared to these ones so I had no time to broaden my list :') )

Hellbound

So a few weeks ago i saw netz saying that hellbound could be the new squid game (but ofc they are on completely different level of entertainment) so I watched hellbound and it was honestly pretty interesting. The first ep captivated me so I had to binge it. Even though many people complained about how much there were so many missing, unanswered parts to the storyline, I found it entertaining and kept me theorizing. Maybe season 2 will give us an explanation to what those creatures are and their true purpose?

I'm sorry but that first baby scene made me die of laughter if y u know what I mean lol

Squid Game

Ok at this point everybody knows how the show goes lmao. So many iconic scenes, iconic characters, gave us laughter, made us cry, marble scene shouldn't have existed, great storyline but i didn't really like the plot twist.

After everything, Gi hun still doesn't go visit his daughter lmao that had me dead! Oh well excited for S2! I wonder if it is going to be more focused on the workers but i can't wait to see how he takes down this organization!

My Name

FL was pretty badass and I definitely enjoyed the storyline but I feel like so many things could have been avoided if there was more communication in her life but ofc we need to create issues so that there's a storyline. Gang leader gave zero f to whoever came his way. Like boi was on another level! Fight scenes was immaculate and well i didn't have any problem with the ending.

They were all good but i find myself slightly leaning to Hellbound.

How about ?

I swear yesterday the Blinks and Armys were making fun of this and laughing together. Until stupid shippers and akgaes come along and mess up everything. It was just a mistake, and instead of laughing of of Tae's panic, anyone who makes such stupid accusations is an idiot.

deadass i swear nothing is fun anymore in this industry because annoying "fans" find ANY KIND OF WAYS to ruin a harmless situation. Like why are people so sensitive nowadays? It's not that deep! Gosh i sometimes feel embarrased to be a kpop fan :facepalm: Imma just enjoy the music and call it a day.

Well, to be fair, I'm only 16 and an American student and they've been teaching racism and slavery in school since I was in 4th grade. We're still learning about it in history of all different types.

do you think korea or japan would be teaching their students about different cultural backgrounds? hell japan can't even admit to all their horrible doings during ww2 that they don't even teach it that much in schools. So many asian countries don't have the knowledge about black history or any other cultures but their own and thanks to the media they are slowly beginning to see different pov that's out there.

No she's not American nor has she every been to America she's a Japanese citizen and Japanese international schools are literally not the same as a western American International school its schools in America that dont even teach about racial slurs or slavery so expecting a Japanese one to is weird what she did was wrong but y'all trying to pick her words apart like she had ill intent and meant to harm and offend us and she probably did get carried away she was literally on set jamming to sza singing the lyrics why y'all acting like y'all never been jamming with y'all friends to a song again I'm not excusing her for saying the n word but y'all trying to say she did it on purpose and had ulterior motives when she legit slipped up and plesse stop with the she's American and went to an international school b.s. I'm American and went to a private school but I didn't even know words that were offensive to other races and cultures just because someone speaks English doesn't mean they're suddenly well verse on sensitive racial topics.. You dont have to accept her apology but you digging way too deep when it's not that deep and Yes I am black check selfies thread just tired of y'all claiming she's American went to a racially diverse international school like y'all trying to make the situation worst than it is..

She never lived in America and even if she went to visit do people think she would notice the b.s that americans do to black people? I obviously don't condone what she did but at least she beated around the bush and was super honest compared to certain people who state "i didn't know it meant smth bad/ it would offend ppl". She got really clumsy with this but it doesn't mean she's entirely racist, everyone makes mistakes and can learn from it. She gave an apology and everybody is still mad (obviously people don't have to accept it but the way they keep comment she's racist etc is just too much). She is now aware of her doing and apologized (and you know how SM could never release these types of apologies). I'm not phased by these situations anymore haha. The next step for these companies is to have some kind of course related to CA or smth lol.

Likeee I haven't enjoyed a debut album in a whilee but this was just *chef kiss*. At first I felt kinda iffy about the teaser but when I heard the whole song, damn it is now on replay! They're literally on the next level and will definitely go far in the industry.

The chorus is catchy, loved the little transition for the vocals, lyrics were ok cuz of the Kwangya concept lol, the choreo wayy better than next level and the set and looks did not disappoint! I actually enjoy the experimentation since I never know what kind of song they'll release. I just hope they get rid of the Kwangya concept cuz I don't really care for the storyline but ik SM is tryna make some type of game which I don't think people will end up paying much attention to?

The album just makes me feel like i'm in a whole new planet! I really recommend listening to "I'll make you cry" cuz man this SHOULD'VE been the title track! But the other songs in there were great!

Idky but "aenergy" reminded of Shinee- The Shinee world lol.

I would rate it a 7.8/10, hbu and what's your opinion? :joy:

aespa 에스파 'Savage' MV
    aespa's 1st mini album "Savage" is out!Listen and download on your favorite platform: https://smarturl.it/ae_Savage[Tracklist]01 ænergy02 Savage03 I'll Make ...
    www.youtube.com

Just share your culture and see it as appreciation as long as they aren’t mocking it. Cultures are getting more and more connected and people love a lot from the black culture, so why gatekeeping it? This is the best step t get rid of stigma and prejudice.

I honestly agree. I never even knew what CA was until I started getting into kpop. When I saw certain idols have braids etc. it was kinda unusual but i didn't really care since some weren't making fun of it or using it to portray smth negative. I don't mind if ppl wear some type of hairstyle from my culture as long as its not used to show some kind of stereotype or mock us (ex penthouse Alex character/ if you look back at a bunch of 1st gen kpop groups lol), and if they don't give credit where it's due (ex. "Kim K Braids" (the kardashians are queens of CA) or "Boxer braids") like nooo yall didn't create that. Another thing that I think would be CA is if someone uses for example some type of cultural religious symbolism as some kind of aesthetic (ex geisha statue in BP mv HYLT/ NCT mosque MAW). It's nice to see how black people are trendsetters and many of them are rocking different hairstyles which is becoming a trend. This just sheds more positivity to the community imo. Now we are in an era where we know so many things about the world and different people from different backgrounds. It's so nice to see how much we can learn and share through each other culturally.

nah for me it aint about bg being more praised than gg but the way they play with their lyrics, the beats and song flows. like some songs from female artists that did this concept well imo are bibi-kazino, jessi-gucci, gidle-$$$, heize-don't make money etc... i'm not even gonna state my opinion of her money track cuz ik yall r tired of the criticism. but to each their own taste

I'm sorry I know yall are prob tired of these reviews but to start when I read that the title track was her name in my head I instantly thought omg is she going to make a song about her life? Like a little life story from being a regular girl who reached her superstar dream! The fact she also stated that she would incorporate her thai culture I thought maybe there would be some interesting cultural references in there if you know what I mean. I thought I would learn something new about her.

But damn I expected too much lol and the fact that it was obviously not written by her kinda surprised me since I was thinking as a self titled track she would at least participate in the writing like Rose did for her kinda self titled mini album. The mv was pretty nice but I did not expect the thai reference just being a short clip in the mv. The lyrics just didn't scream THIS IS LISA to me but just another basic "I'm the best" song that I could even imagine blackpink singing it.

And plz even though I thought the lyrics weren't amazing the choreo just blew my mind! I was like ok the song is meh but I thought the choreo was gonna be her redemption but when the chorus came man that was disappointing to watch. It literally felt like a tiktok dance no offence. YG did her so dirty for that one like she's the MAIN DANCER! Not even gonna talk about Money since it felt like another basic "i'm rich" song and too much repetition.

Idky I expected a little bit more for Lisa. Maybe because she's the most popular bp member or she used to be my bias but I guess Yg don't want to try going out of their bubbles. It sucks seeing all this talent not being used to their full extent.

Idk how Jisoo's solo will turn out but for now Solo stays #1 because the song was pretty enjoyable song and dance wise and even though I didn't really enjoy OTG, it still felt like this was something that described Rose with the storyline.

Ever since I saw the first ep of s3 i had a feeling this will just ruin the entire drama for me. They could've had an amazing conclusion at the end of s2 by completing Joo dan tae backstory etc but nooo they just gotta keep ruining it by making the plot go everywhere, the characters are loosing their touch and the addition of irrelevant characters is getting annoying. Ik this show is supposed to be hella extra which is why i enjoyed s1-2 but now it’s just what???

The fact that the actor playing Logan grew in america and agreed to play a role like this is just a huge turn off for me. White people are portrayed as classy business people on this show while the one time black people are shown, they portray them as thugs (i even noticed how Alex had black guards plzzzzz) :/ [if you need examples I will gladly list them down] I didn't care much about the tats but the damn dreads did it for me. This is ignorance! Cultural appropriation! It’s not the first time people called out idols or shows doing these type of stuff which shows they dgaf. It’s also sad that every time some of us try to defend these types of situations we are “overreacting” or I’ve noticed people bringing excuses that “Asian people who are thugs looks like this” or how “dreads were not originated by us” etc... These kind of stereotypes has been so normalized in society that people don’t see it as an issue anymore and how it degrades so many black people who do not act like this. Not just Korea but in so many other countries we are seen as jokes and unaccepted because of the way we are portrayed in the media.

I will finish watching this show and provide my overall thought but gosh will I ever recommend it again to anyone? Up to season 2 yes (I’m so sad because it was doing so well) but overall no.

I think Red Velvet is musically on another level. They can turn even a nonsense song into a perfect one. Example Zimzalabim. I mean, Aespa couldn't find their musical strength. The first album and title will probably be better quality. I think Sm released this song as a single to warm people to Aespa's concept.

agreed that's why i love rv. ugh i'm so pissed we still don't have a comeback like LET IT GO SM || but can't wait to see what joy has to offer

I have so many reasons why i shouldn't take it. I dont wanna freak you out with them so I'm not gonna say unless you want to know. If it gets mandatory than of course i will do it but right now its a no no. If you feel like u wanna take it, safe choice in my opinion is the pfizer. stay safe :)