If XG had YG privilege they could be one of the top GGs now

• Maybe not as much as NJs or IVE in Korea but internationally they have the potential to be so big. I said what I said

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Funny you would make this thread, I was thinking about this exact thing a few days ago. I'm 100% sure they would be an absolute top group if they debuted from a Big4 company AND the members were Korean. Them being Japanese is a massive obstacle for reaching the very top since success in Korea does matter to some extent. They could still be huge internationally just by being from a big company.

• they have the charisma, vocals, rap, style, versatility on top of great songs etc. to make it big if only they debuted under one of the big 4 :peperain:

even their MVs knock out lot of the big4 group's

also gotta add my faves

External Content www.youtube.com

• Many other groups could be top groups if they had Big 3 company privileges. Let's admit it, it's not like yall bother checking out non-Big 3 groups anyway.

Edited once, last by Kim-Tan ().

• Considering how they’re not Koreans and sings in English they’re doing well internationally. They sold 100k albums, their views are good, and they have a world tour. Every time they go overseas they’re et he most acclaimed artists. Happy for them. They’re the most talented GG right now.

• They are killing it right now

They just had their showcase/first solo concert in Japan and pulled a damn well decent crowd by the looks of things

xg.jpg

Full showcase can be watched here:

EDIT: another crowd shot:

• This is why Korea doesn't matter.

Japanese commentators have been going nuts about them for a while.

• They have no visuals though, and no It Girls. Every single 4th gen GG has one of each. Minji, Wonyoung, Karina are both the It Girls and visuals of their respective groups, and Soyeon/Miyeon carry Gidle. LSRFM is a bit behind in recognition and popularity within Korea, they have a solid visual in Sakura but nobody to really challenge the aforementioned girls for It Girl status.

XG do have two fantastic songs though, Shooting Star and the Two Tens remix were both fire, plus they had that mask song from last year that was pretty decent.

• They have no visuals though, and no It Girls. Every single 4th gen GG has one of each. Minji, Wonyoung, Karina are both the It Girls and visuals of their respective groups, and Soyeon/Miyeon carry Gidle. LSRFM is a bit behind in recognition and popularity within Korea, they have a solid visual in Sakura but nobody to really challenge the aforementioned girls for It Girl status.

XG do have two fantastic songs though, Shooting Star and the Two Tens remix were both fire, plus they had that mask song from last year that was pretty decent.

Do you think these groups are only famous for their visuals while it helps it’s not a huge metric. 2NE1 literally exists and it never prevents them to be a legendary group.

There others female idols who went viral and it didn’t translate to their groups.

XG are charismatic and have no talent hole, they’d absolutely do well if they were from YG.

• Who said they are not one of the top gg? They have more monthly listeners than some big4 groups and one song have over 100m streams already. They are pretty widely known group already. They do not really need big 4 at this point anymore.

Ng3kj2x.jpg

• they would not be so good if they were born under big-4's roof

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Their producer, Simon, is playing the long game. I think it was the right strategy to debut in Korea for global exposure instead of the more intuitive thing to do for Japanese artists - start off in Japan to build local support before trying to go global if they had that goal. Most would be happy to compete in the 2nd biggest market and don't have such an ambitious goal in the first place.

This seems to have paid off despite lack of Korean support relative to their talent as performers and quality of music, since they've made inroads globally, breaking records and being invited to perform abroad.

External Content twitter.com

And now with a solid discography and experience performing in different stages, they're ready for a world tour, which they announced at their showcase in Japan. They arguably didn't incur any opportunity cost by not debuting in Japan - the showcase had over 200,000 applications.

I'd say they're pretty much on track.

• Hi,

XG is top tier right now. Imma single out their rap line though. Rap line hits harder than 7 day work weeks! Cocona alone got more skills than most Female rappers out here in the West. If I didn't know what she looked like and she only rapped full on English, son, I would've thought she was coming from my block! FRFR.

-knysom

• imo their obstacle is language, they should do a niziu and sing in korean, that would make the koreans happy, and fans probably would love to hear them singing in japanese also

• imo their obstacle is language, they should do a niziu and sing in korean, that would make the koreans happy, and fans probably would love to hear them singing in japanese also

niziu only just recently promoted in Korea because they have dropped off a lot in Japan.

The us and japanese markets are 30 and 20 times the size of korea. xg like twice and bp have been, are better off limiting their time promoting in Korea, as Korea only brings in 2-3% of the revenue of a globally successful group.

• Well they have avex privilege which is literally the biggest music label in Japan 💀💀 you think they’d be making all these high budget MVs with a mid sized company?

I was about to mention this. XG don't have Big 4 privilege, but they're not from a nugu small company. I think a lot of people think they're on the struggle bus, when their company is the biggest entertainment label in Japan, the second biggest music market in the world.

But XG is the most talented 4th gen girl group and I love to see them succeed

• Sorry, but a group with all Japanese members that sings in English would have a hard time in Korea regardless of whatever company they are under.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!