Pointing out the weakness of "Yet to Come" Argument - Bad Bunny had a concert income of $435 Million

• There are several questionable decisions in history.

The Trojan Horse, the Titanic, the New Coke and many others line up the list of most questionable decisions of history.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Circa Dec 5, 2021)

This is probably the worst business decision ever made in the history of Pop.

Hybe should have started a big tour in USA.

===

Bad Bunny Rakes in a Record $435MM Tour Gross in 2022
    Bad Bunny has set a worldwide record for the highest-grossing tour in a single calendar year for 2022, bringing in $435 million.
    www.digitalmusicnews.com

Bad Bunny, who specializes in Latin music, raked $435 million this year.

He had 81 shows , averaging $5 million each. (Some of his concerts are held in regions which only have smaller venues)

Given his genre , he can only perform in USA and Latin America. And that 's what he accomplished.

If Bang were not too greedy and had the foresight to incorporate Hybe in a country not named K-O-R-E-A , BTS would have averaged at least 50 stadium concerts, raking maybe an average of $10 mill each, for at least $500 million.

That does NOT include any sales of derivative goods.

Sure, they would have lost the handful of the K-O-R-E-A-N fans, who were already moving on to younger act, and people like IU and Lim Youngwoong. Losing K-O-R-E-A was NOT a big deal for BTS.

But it was a big deal for Mr. Bang, who wanted to join Korea's elites like the families owning Samsung and Hyundai.

I judge any individual activities of BTS as being tangential. None of them will do a world concert, and I doubt none of them will even reach IU's status by themselves.

The income they lost in 2021-2025 because of the stupid decision to return to K-O-R-E-A, which actually put IU above BTS on that same year, is about $3 - 4 billion, probably more since they were the world's biggest act.

Some Armies have big hopes on the 2025 so-called Yet to Come .

Whyknock personally doubts it will do as well as what Bad Bunny did this year.

Whether the Armies like it or not, interest on BTS is already waning around the world. They were too associated with the covid lockdown era , and now it is ending, people want to move on. I have studied enough history to base my decisions.

Some K-O-R-E-A-N incels who tried to build an argument said they could finish their services and could enter a 'long-run' mode.

Well, they might try to build logic, but they seem to be quite weak on arithmetic.

If BTS said goodbye to K-O-R-E-A and raked money for the next 4 years, they would have earned at least $5 billion, probably more, worldwide.

In 2025-26, with international power and influence on BTS waning significantly (I estimate about 25% of now), and some other act, probably NOT from K-O-R-E-A, having taken over as the top billed act of the world, they would be lucky to bring $120 million, which is what they did in 2019.

With other goods sales and albums, they perhaps could bring in 250 million/year.

That will take twenty long years to make up for the best 4 years of BTS which they will never have.

Elton John did $200 million but this is his final year of doing tours. His previous years showed less income.

Plus all these acts who are doing 'long runs' are not dance acts.

Given that some members want to do more solo activities in 2023, that means they won't enlist then which means to meet the 2025 deadline they will enlist in 2026, which means the next concert schedule will be in 2028, when Seokjin would be .... 37. (And Jungkook would have his own plans.)

Some Armies say they will still go to listen to them just standing up and singing their old numbers. How many of them will there by?

g.o.d. had a concert at the Olympic Stadium (One day) in 2001 and 2014. About 50,000 each.

Guess the 2nd concert at the Olympic Stadium didn't do well , so they went don to the Gymnastics Arena in 2015, and did the same in 2018, 2019 and 2022.

BTS, if it goes as what is flowing now, might have to be reduced to arena tours by 2028 or so. Some Armies will accept it. But I, who value world conquest, don't really value it too much

• I honestly don't care enough to research about anything you said and i don't know if BTS are already waning or not but i do agree that it is very possible that when they come back they will be a lot less popular even if people for some reason refuse to believe their faves could ever be surpassed, but maybe at this point ARMYs don't really care about breaking records anymore? like sure there will always be a handful of people that only success stan and they might care but i am sure most ARMYs would be happy just being able to see BTS perform together again and not care too much about numbers, BTS has nothing to prove anymore :pepe-shrug:

• I honestly don't care enough to research about anything you said and i don't know if BTS are already waning or not but i do agree that it is very possible that when they come back they will be a lot less popular even if people for some reason refuse to believe their faves could ever be surpassed, but maybe at this point ARMYs don't really care about breaking records anymore? like sure there will always be a handful of people that only success stan and they might care but i am sure most ARMYs would be happy just being able to see BTS perform together again and not care too much about numbers, BTS has nothing to prove anymore :pepe-shrug:

There will be some loyal Armys who will think like that and I respect their opinion.

But the whole appeal of BTS was they were the world's #1 act and if that changes the whole equation about their status also changes.

• BTS might lose a lot of success stans but they will be back if BTS gets back on top in 2025/2026. Either way I look forward to attending more concerts because no one has the same energy or performance charisma as BTS. I would actually prefer an arena venue because I don’t enjoy the chaos and crowd of stadiums. Even RM has expressed wanting a more intimate venue in the future. If BTS decreases in popularity in the future, it is HYBE’s loss and fault but the BTS members are already set for life. That is good enough for me.

• dude bts have reached goat status. They got an actual mention in vogue 2022 in 7 minutes while the biggest Indian movie in India this year and the biggest Indian movie internationally ever got a fraction of a second.

That enough should tell you how big they are.

Will they maintain that status in 2024?

The question answers itself

• BTS might lose a lot of success stans but they will be back if BTS gets back on top in 2025/2026. Either way I look forward to attending more concerts because no one has the same energy or performance charisma as BTS. I would actually prefer an arena venue because I don’t enjoy the chaos and crowd of stadiums. Even RM has expressed wanting a more intimate venue in the future. If BTS decreases in popularity in the future, it is HYBE’s loss and fault but the BTS members are already set for life. That is good enough for me.

In history it is so hard to regain what is lost.

Instead of returning to K-O-R-E-A, BTS should have launched a whirlwind tour around the world, to silence anyone jealous of it .

Then its status would have been ironclad

but now it is a different story

• The Armies will take anything, but how many of them would be remaining by then is the big question

“Yet to come” doesn’t mean keeping on breaking records and being number 1 at everything. BTS has been there, done that. Yet to come means more music, at a different chapter of BTS’ journey as musicians.

As an ARMY, I’m very satisfied and grateful that BTS had experienced so many highest highs and their name is already cemented in global pop culture. Only success stans hyper focused on BTS’ achievements and not their music.

I never knew that whyknock is BTS success stan. But thinking back on all his previous threads.. I shouldn’t be surprised.

• You should've waited till this year before making this thread, because Taylor Swift will most likely broke the record with 'The Eras Tour' all 53 stadium shows :check-bee:

• “Yet to come” doesn’t mean keeping on breaking records and being number 1 at everything. BTS has been there, done that. Yet to come means more music, at a different chapter of BTS’ journey as musicians.

As an ARMY, I’m very satisfied and grateful that BTS had experienced so many highest highs and their name is already cemented in global pop culture. Only success stans hyper focused on BTS’ achievements and not their music.

I never knew that whyknock is BTS success stan. But thinking back on all his previous threads.. I shouldn’t be surprised.

Whether it is the #1 act on earth and gets to dictate the initiative of global pop, or not is the greatest qualifier for BTS. And looks like not abandoning K-O-R-E-A was a bad, bad, bad decision.

• By 2025 they will mostly be footnotes for most of the world. Whether some Armies are still loyal or not doesn't mean anything since the world would have sailed passed them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!