Twice are in their boring era now

• They went from releasing the songs that I love to releasing the songs that I hate and now they are releasing songs that I listen to and go "That was fine" and never listen to it again. MS, SMF, Misamo and Jihyo solo, I can't call any of the bad but they are just meh, absolutely no replay value whatsoever.

Twice didn't need Blackpink, Newjeans or whoever the fuck else yall were rooting for to bury them, Twice digged their own grave. Such a shame something that started so great ended up just being just meh. That's literally the worst. One thing is when your music is hated, it means you're relevant. Another thing is when people just don't care anymore. Sympathy turns into antipathy, antipathy turns into apathy.

• Stream again for top-notch quality!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content open.spotify.com

• I liked Do Not Touch a lot, but everything else was just alright. Moonlight Sunrise and Set Me Free are their weakest title tracks, and I was a bit disappointed when the album dropped. Ready To Be is like a 5.5/10 in my opinion, not bad, but nothing really special. Besides Got The Thrills, which was really good. I feel the same way about Jihyos new album, it's alright. I didn't like Hare Hare at first, but it's grown to be one of my favorite tracks.

I'm not really a fan of Twices more mature-ish comebacks. Like, I'm fine with them not going back to their super cutesy songs like Knock Knock or Likey, but I still think the members do better in brighter concepts. A song doesn't have to be cute to be a bright concept. Twices 2022 releases were very good in my opinion. Celebrate is their best Japanese title track and TTT is their second best title track in my opinion. Pop was also very amazing in my opinion and I liked Just be Yourself, although not as much as the other titles i mentioned. Even their 2021 releases were really good, except I didn't like the Perfect World Album that much. I know they probably like the more mature sound better but idk some members looked a bit awkward doing it.

I still stan Twice, but they went from being my ultimate favorite artist ever, to being another group I stan. After this years releases they stopped being my special interest really (and especially after the Chae situation). I was thinking after TTT they were gonna go for a sound that sounded like Fromis9 (songs like DM, We go, Feel Good) but I didn't expect Set Me Free. But then again I didn't expect their 2020 releases too. I get what you mean when you say Twices 2023 releases have been meh. Maybe I'll become more interested if JeongMo get solos.

• Please since 2020 you’ve been crying over twice and it started with ICSM just stan BP atp :angryr:

Bullshit, I was one of the few people who defended More And More and I was ok with ICSM and more than okay with Cry For Me, their best mature concept release so far. It went downhill with Scientist.

Stop fucking making up scenarios in your head and getting mad at them, are you ok?

• Not your taste anymore, that's all there is to it. Tbf, it's understandable because the change in current discography is huge from their early era. Lets wait and see if they will release something you will like in future, they're perfectly capable of that if they want I think.

So far I am loving both sides so idm, I loved POP concept just as much as Jihyo/MISAMO mature concepts. :teddy-pepe: Also for me, the individual input each member is having on their solos is keeping me entertained.

• Twice's last good song, like a really good song was "the feels" imo. After that songs were very weak, esp moonlight sunrise and set me free. ttt or scientist are kinda enjoyable, but forgattable. Jihyo's song is normal, but I don't think I'll comeback to listen to it again, def Naeyeon's solo overall was better for me at least. Misamo was a letdown for me, very boring(

• Facts but the can't be blamed, cause Twice members love their music and voluntarily choose to sing them. Confirmed during Set Me Free era.

This is only half true. See what we know is Twice have a say in the titles, we don't know how many songs they are presented with, we don't see the songs that they pass up(or if those songs are the eventual b-side) we don't know if they are towing the company line, which they have done in the past.

Also the notion of letting the members have a selection of the title shows a clear lack or care from the company as they have folk in place who ideally should know the market and what is popular and what works and what doesn't. Throwing a selection of songs, like options and rejected songs being shopped around the industry, tells us everything we need to know about the companies ambition with this group.

I mean let's look at it this way, talking only in facts these are Twice's least successful releases domestically.

Killin Me Good.

Set Me Free.

Scientist.

Talk that Talk.

I Can't Stop Me.

With Set Me Free, Scientist and so far Killin Me Good being by miles their worst performers globally.

Melanie Fontana and her dufus husband Lindgren were responsible for all but Talk That Talk, which is actually one of Twice's best performing songs long term in streaming.

• Groups pretty much always get boring when they change to more "mature" concept, I still think Twice at least did it pretty well. But yes, they have some boring songs last couple of years, like Set me free, More & More to mention some of them. But they also have some good ones like Talk that talk and The Feels. But the japanese releases have really been boring the last couple of years, I liked the earlier ones. And the solos often boring with few good ones.

But it's not big secret groups like Twice and BP have peaked, even if maybe Twice is a bit earlier in the process.

• Groups pretty much always get boring when they change to more "mature" concept, I still think Twice at least did it pretty well. But yes, they have some boring songs last couple of years, like Set me free, More & More to mention some of them. But they also have some good ones like Talk that talk and The Feels. But the japanese releases have really been boring the last couple of years, I liked the earlier ones. And the solos often boring with few good ones.

But it's not big secret groups like Twice and BP have peaked, even if maybe Twice is a bit earlier in the process.

'The Feels' and 'Fancy' seem to be the perfect balance between their older and newer sound, in my opinion.

I am just so glad there are still reasonable people that don't try to gaslight me, thank you😭

• Twice has always had songs that I loved and songs I was meh about, so it doesn't feel very different to me. :pepe-shrug:

But, they always give me at least 1 banger a year. Do Not Touch is this year's banger, and TTT is my 2nd fave title track of theirs overall. Also, Jihyo's EP is amazing, so no complaints from me.

Sometimes you just lose interest in groups. It happens. While you've losing interest in them, others may be growing interest in them. So at the end of the day, it's better to just enjoy the things you like and focus on that.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• While I do agree Twice song isn't bad but also not SOTY material, I do have to wonder is it only Twice though?

Like for me personally, almost nobody has released any "amazing" songs lately.

Last Twice song I really liked was TTT or Pop whichever came last.

Dreamcatcher last song I liked was BEcause.

Blackpink last was Lovesick Girl

OMG was Nonstop

Itzy was Wannabe

Everglow was Dun Dun

Red Velvet was Psycho

Aespa was Next Level

New Jeans was Hype Boy.

Like either I'm getting bored of kpop or just nobody is really releasing amazing music. There's alot of ok to good releases but rarely amazing ones.

I think IVE is doing pretty good. I also love wooah music but I bet you the next release will sound completely different due to being on the survival show now.

• Nbl you do have a point. I feel the same about Dreamcatcher.

• What was your favorite year of Twice releases?

And, I think people just go through phases of being really into KPOP as a genre and phases of not. At least in my experience.

I think I was probably feeling the way you now are in 2020. Sometimes something revitalizes your interest and for some people that never happens or it takes years lol.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• What was your favorite year of Twice releases?

And, I think people just go through phases of being really into KPOP as a genre and phases of not. At least in my experience.

I think I was probably feeling the way you now are in 2020. Sometimes something revitalizes your interest and for some people that never happens or it takes years lol.

I don't have a short answer but I do kinda agree we go through phases.

Starting off, I loved the classics like TT, Cheer Up, Likey, etc but now they start to sound a bit childish to me (but I'm also an older fan). I still listen to it becuase they make me feel happy and nostalgic but I definitely don't like them the way I used to.

And then some songs like What is Love, Yes or Yes, Fancy, never seems to get old, but old songs like Like Oh Ah and Heart Shaker never gets old either.

In terms of b-sides though, very early nostalgic Twice (like Like a Fool, Precious, 24/7, One in a Million) and recent releases has been my favorites (not into the stuff in the middle era) . I would even argue recent besides are as good as old title tracks. I'm talking Queen of Heart, Wallflower, Got the Thrills, Brave.

I think the issue is the double edge sword of kpop becoming popular world wide. Like songs nowadays just dont sound like "kpop" anymore. So much releases are westernized and because they need to cater to the global audience now, very few companies will want to release songs that sound kpop because it is simply too risky. That's why I love The Feels. It's like one of the only releases for western audience that did not sacrifice the groups identity.

I don't think I can choose a favorite period because it becomes a choice of old title track or new bsides and I don't think I can choose.

But I think the fact that Twice is capable of releasing such incredible b-sides now suggest that there definitely is some issue in the song selection process.

• their own fans ended them...

Their fans listened to the criticism of non fans and haters and demanded change of concept for twice which was working for them and buried them...

Just like how BP fans are brainwashed by non fans and haters and demanded girls to write their music... and also started to believe non fans criticism of BP songs... they swore they hated HYLT, KTL, Pink Venom just because non fans criticized them heavily but eventually ended up liking it and giving it more numbers than non fans favorites like LSG...

Not all criticism are bad but fans fight haters first and they slowly start to believe them...

Also (in no negative way), not every one has to go solo.

• Twice are in their legacy act era. People just don’t care for their new music and that is now being reflected in their streams as well. Their album sales are only increasing because of distribution and multiple versions like multiple groups :pepe-narrow-eyes:

They were smart to rinse the touring this year as they’ve probably got one big global tour left in them outside of Japan tours.

• Some Twice's mature music is actually good, but I guess their old music suited their voice tones and image more. Red Velvet never gives up on their dual concept. But I wish they'd shifted to a little more mature sound. Because Red Velvet fits mature concepts more than Blackpink and Twice. RV's vocal tones and faces are more suited to mature concepts. Even though I like their red songs like Feel My rhythm and Red Flavor. I hope we get Velvet songs in a row from now on. I want the darkest concept from them, like the Monster song. Although not every member of Twice fits the mature sound,( Except for Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Nayeon) I think the Feels and Cry For me and Feel Special are the best songs in their careers.

• You have a point there but it wasn't the fans it was bunch of haters or general kpop stans saying Twice needs to change concept. Us fans were always hitting back, we always said that people who ask for it would never stan Twice regardless. And it was true, they never did.

It is the same situation for all the franchises who seek the approval of stan twitter rather than their spending customers.

• Twice are in their legacy act era. People just don’t care for their new music and that is now being reflected in their streams as well. Their album sales are only increasing because of distribution and multiple versions like multiple groups :pepe-narrow-eyes:

They were smart to rinse the touring this year as they’ve probably got one big global tour left in them outside of Japan tours.

My dude, go outside and touch some grass. We aren't talking about sales and streams in here.

• Dreamer you've made a Twice boogeyman in your head they are literally still releasing the same time of magic they did 7 years ago. Scientist, TTT, Hare Hare were the definition of cute Twice songs.

Talk the Talk had such a classic feel to it.

Even the ending pose, starting with Tzuyu then turning to Nayeon as center. Literal 100% pureTwice.

• They are still #1 or #2 gg in the world, and #1 or #2 group in the world since BTS is on hiatus.

But yes, they have been milking the cash cow for a while, which is fine by me.

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!