Stanning a nugu group in big 4 is still so much better than stanning a nugu group in nugu company

• They might be flop but still get loads of regular content which fans can enjoy

Seeing fromis9 get so much variety contents makes me jealous since my nugu favs weeekly who are probably in same level of relevance have basically got almost zero variety content in past 7 months. Fromis9 probably gets more content in a month than what weeekly got in past 7 months combined.

Weeekly's company is under kakao but ive stole all the attention of kakao, weeekly is like forgotten kids of elon musk, another reason to cancel ive

• Yeah, Kakao shouldnt be placing all their eggs in one basket. Ive is the biggest act in Korea but it's still smart to invest in your other groups, no one can predict the future. Look at BTS' shocking hiatus, if Hybe hadnt spent years developing TXT, Enhypen, LSRFM and Newjeans they'd be in far worse shape now. Weeekly should be getting at least as much promotions and fanservice activities as Kakao's other GG Stayc.

• WTF man... I know a lot artists with barly any fans who post a crap ton on social media and Youtube where some other artists can't even

My KPop-ulti was even the idol with the most selfies on Twitter in the past few years by posting about 10K pics a year before he enlisted

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• LITERALLY THIS. A lot of people are hesitant stanning a nugu group from a nugu company cos what if they literally just disband in 2 months. The money they spent towards the album is essentially just going to waste.

Buying kpop albums in this digital era is waste regardless

• quality > quantity though it is not that much better to have more shows if they are not that interesting

LITERALLY THIS. A lot of people are hesitant stanning a nugu group from a nugu company cos what if they literally just disband in 2 months. The money they spent towards the album is essentially just going to waste.

I don't buy albums but isn't it also a waste to buy it towards a group that will already be successful without you, like your contribution doesn't make a difference anyway

• Dreamcatcher fans are never without content

Meanwhile, Blackpink fans went how long with minimal anything. Looks like aespa fans are currently in the same boat.

It really depends on A) the company and B) the group members themselves desire to generate content.

As for Weeekly, I'm really expecting a disbandment announcement one of these days.

• Yeah, Kakao shouldnt be placing all their eggs in one basket. Ive is the biggest act in Korea but it's still smart to invest in your other groups, no one can predict the future. Look at BTS' shocking hiatus, if Hybe hadnt spent years developing TXT, Enhypen, LSRFM and Newjeans they'd be in far worse shape now. Weeekly should be getting at least as much promotions and fanservice activities as Kakao's other GG Stayc.

this is so stupid. ive achieve extreme success compared to other kakao groups and you think it's because kakao focused too much on them and not the rest? they are the exception, not the rule. other starship groups promoted just as hard as them and didnt achieve the same success. i dare you to tell me how exactly kakao focused more on them than the rest.

hybe is a music company before anything else. kakao isn't, it never was. starship is the main force in charge of how ive is managed and the music they produce.

i'm not even surprised it comes from you. every time you speak about ive there's always the most atrocious bs. anti in disguise

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• i'm not even surprised it comes from you. every time you speak about ive there's always the most atrocious bs. anti in disguise

wonyoung.gif

yujin.gif

What in heaven's name are you talking about? I am flabbergasted. 8|8|

I've called them the biggest act in all of Korea, above BTS, BP, Idle, Newjeans, etc.

I've praised Eleven and just named Afterlike a literal SOTY contender, and even bumped up Love Dive into the bop category.

I've called Wonyoung potentially the top It Girl of Korea, competing with the likes of Jennie herself.

Holy hell, what more do you want?

• if one stans a lesser known or nugu group the risk is that the lack of success will cause the group to disband in which case being a stan of that group will hurt since one has invested time and effort into said group

• But isn't it kinda paradoxical? Since if people are hesitant to support them, then they will surely got no money and disbanded ;(

It's the same kind of thing in many areas

People complain that all new movies these days are Superhero movies, sequels and reboots of old movies.

WHY WONT STUDIOS MAKE NEW, ORIGINAL MOVIES AND NEW IP'S?

Movie studio makes new, original movie and IP

No one bothers to see it, movie bombs.

Meanwhile, Captain SpiderBat VII: Long Drive Home Makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Weeekly get their semi viral moments but it's interesting how their company unable to take the opportunity to expand their popularity. They might able to be as big as GFriend used to be.

So, to answer you yes, I won't really stanning nugu from nugu company anymore. I used to be a really successful nugu stan. I stan Bts, Mamamoo and GFriend long before they out of the nugudom, and all their company almost bankrupt lol at one point 🤣. But this 4th gen really getting uncertain. The domination of big companies is really obvious. Even Starship cannot be counted as small or medium company anymore with the support from Kakao, and Kakao don't even give this same energy to their other subsidiaries. And now almost 5-6 years of the 4th gen careers, no really nugu company able to be on the top even once while this is not a case in 3rd gen. I thought Stayc able to sit comfortable on the top 3, but yeah the big companies domination is too big.

• Stanning a group has nothing to do with the Company they are from

BUT it is a fact that groups that debut from a Company where they have a "recent" high trending group is much more easier to get more content from.

• Weeekly may be in trouble, I am not sure what the company plan is for them.

• praising is one thing, spreading misinformation like its a fact is another. and u know what im talking about, because i've already called you out for doing that before but maybe u have short memory or smth

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• LITERALLY THIS. A lot of people are hesitant stanning a nugu group from a nugu company cos what if they literally just disband in 2 months. The money they spent towards the album is essentially just going to waste.

If you spend money on a nugu group they appreciate it. If you spend money on top groups they dont care.

Isnt it a waste to spend money on top groups?

You can allways get an album that is copied a million times later.

Not so much if there was only 1000 copies made.

Are Kpop fans only egoistic cowards?

the albums u bought for nugus are meaningful as they contribute a lot to them

while already popular groups it doesnt make much difference

but lots of people want bragging rights :pepe-shrug:so they buy popular group album and like to feel like they are part of success and brag it to others

• its not content

people avoid stanning nugu groups because fear of disbandment also they cant have bragging rights and feel superior to others.

For me its definitely content

I always knew weeekly would be nugu to mid tier at max, never expected any bragging rights from them, just stanned them because i liked the members and their content. You know what sucks more than flop comeback? No comeback

• the albums u bought for nugus are meaningful as they contribute a lot to them

but lots of people want bragging rights :pepe-shrug:so they buy popular group album and like to feel like they are part of success and brag it to others

well I said this same thing earlier, but I also realized the album is not just for supporting the group, it's also cause you like to have that album. It's just a super popular group (like Blackpink) is more likely to be the group you love so much that you want to buy their album, and there are in total less people that feel passion for less popular groups.

The quality of album goods could also be a factor, but the connection felt towards the group is the main reason why people buy it (I think)

• its not content

people avoid stanning nugu groups because fear of disbandment also they cant have bragging rights and feel superior to others.

But yeah, stanning nugu groups from nugu company are kinda risky, since you'll have like 50% chance to get a broken heart regarding their situation (either financial, mismanagement or some bad things like the recent news).

if one stans a lesser known or nugu group the risk is that the lack of success will cause the group to disband in which case being a stan of that group will hurt since one has invested time and effort into said group

see I don't get what you guys mean that it will be that upsetting or painful for a nugu group to disband, because first, if they're truly a small group, it's kind of expected that they could disband so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Second, when I read news about disbandment it doesn't affect me for more than a few minutes.

So how would that be a reason to avoid being invested into a group, it is not like super painful to the point you need to avoid it

• see I don't get what you guys mean that it will be that upsetting or painful for a nugu group to disband, because first, if they're truly a small group, it's kind of expected that they could disband so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Second, when I read news about disbandment it doesn't affect me for more than a few minutes.

So how would that be a reason to avoid being invested into a group, it is not like super painful to the point you need to avoid it

and whilst in your situation I can understand since I also don't consider myself to be a stan of any group but you can understand that for certain other "diehard" stans that it can be hard especially given the parasocial relationship and all that

• the albums u bought for nugus are meaningful as they contribute a lot to them

But the albums are useless to you after the group disbands with only 2 songs. I'm talking about usefulness on the consumers end, not the idols. Sure some people won't mind keeping them but people who aren't hardcore fans will feel like they wasted 50-100USD. That's why people are scared of commiting. Also the emotional aspect, when you stan a group you invest mental energy into them and and people don't wanna do that when there is a higher chance of disbandment.

When a group is really successful, buying albums is more a collectible item like how people collect books so ig that's why they buy them.

• But isn't it kinda paradoxical? Since if people are hesitant to support them, then they will surely got no money and disbanded ;(

It is, and that is what makes it so sad and so tough for nugu groups. I remember when Cherry Bullet debuted I was a big fan of Kokoro and really wanted to buy the album just for her. But the 50$ price tag was making me hesitant so I decided I'll wait. Lo and behold, Kokoro left the group a little while later. :pepe-puddle:

• If you spend money on a nugu group they appreciate it. If you spend money on top groups they dont care.

Isnt it a waste to spend money on top groups?

You can allways get an album that is copied a million times later.

Not so much if there was only 1000 copies made.

Are Kpop fans only egoistic cowards?

When people buy an album they are seeing what they gain out of it. Similar to how when you go to McDonalds, you pay money for the Ice Coffee. You don't pay to financially support McDonalds Oppar with the Ice Coffee just being a by-product.

People buying an album for a nugu group are investing money for the group to not disband. But if they have such high chances of disbanding, then they aren't going to buy an album anyway because it's a bad investment. This is called the cycle of nugudom sadly.

• you should have given me this advice before i fell for CSR

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you should have given me this advice before i fell for CSR

they are on rising, and their company seems so nice handling them.
    So it would be worthwhile to support them

• When people buy an album they are seeing what they gain out of it. Similar to how when you go to McDonalds, you pay money for the Ice Coffee. You don't pay to financially support McDonalds Oppar with the Ice Coffee just being a by-product.

People buying an album for a nugu group are investing money for the group to not disband. But if they have such high chances of disbanding, then they aren't going to buy an album anyway because it's a bad investment. This is called the cycle of nugudom sadly.

The Product is the music the Artist Made. for other Fans it may be 10% music and 90% pics on insta. And everyone pay with views or streams on Spotify or YouTube.

90% of Album sales are for top groups. You cant tell me its an Investment so they might not disband If they sell a million copies instead of a million and one.

Its only an Investment or Support If you buy albums from smaller groups.

To me its Just a way to say thank you to the artist cause they gave me nice music and lot of joy.

I dont buy an album for the product itself because i listen to music from Spotify not from a CD.

• The Product is the music the Artist Made. for other Fans it may be 10% music and 90% pics on insta. And everyone pay with views or streams on Spotify or YouTube.

90% of Album sales are for top groups. You cant tell me its an Investment so they might not disband If they sell a million copies instead of a million and one.

Its only an Investment or Support If you buy albums from smaller groups.

To me its Just a way to say thank you to the artist cause they gave me nice music and lot of joy.

I dont buy an album for the product itself because i listen to music from Spotify not from a CD.

At that point buying an album is a collectible probably, like how people collect Harry Potter books eventhough the author is a billionaire. It's for their own personal collection.

Also you're wrong, the true money maker in kpop is album sales. Physical hard copies make wayyyy more money than spotify streams. If you wanna support small groups and buy their albums, go ahead. More power to you. I'm just explaining how the system works.

P.S I don't buy albums either, just giving my reasoning to why I think people do or don't buy albums.

• At that point buying an album is a collectible probably, like how people collect Harry Potter books eventhough the author is a billionaire. It's for their own personal collection.

Also you're wrong, the true money maker in kpop is album sales. Physical hard copies make wayyyy more money than spotify streams. If you wanna support small groups and buy their albums, go ahead. More power to you. I'm just explaining how the system works.

P.S I don't buy albums either, just giving my reasoning to why I think people do or don't buy albums.

harry potter or books in general have a valuable use since the people read them.

basicly no one listen to albums. well, yes. its a nice status symbol. you can collect and build a shrine to whorship your faves.^^

its still only environmental pollution if you buy millions of albums from big artists who allready make milions from their bilions of streams. buy albums from small artists is support of art that may otherwise vanish.

• Sounds harsh but for 4th gen I basically gave up on nugu agencies and smaller groups. During 3rd gen I payed attention and tried stanning a lot of low mid-tier groups and it's just not worth it. Not for me at least. Irregular comebacks, poor promotion, obvious lack of budget and that constant fear of them disbanding, losing members or going on hiatus.

edit: And yeah, content plays a part too. Like I love Kpop awards season, there's so many top tier performances, but smaller groups don't get to attend. And even if they are lucky enough to be invited they get tp performance like half a song with no stage props or anything. It's just way more fun to stan popular groups from big agencies. They get to do a lot more.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!