Stanning unpopular and older groups didn't make you cooler or different

• I used to meet this kind of people claiming older groups is better than the popular groups now usually Bts and Bp just to look different and acting like kpop is a history lesson. Please, nobody need to know every groups in kpop from the dinosaur era just to be a fan. And if you ask what songs they know from those groups and they only know few songs or even none.

And come those who only stanning nugu groups to look ' I'm different, not like you peasant '.They will make long essays saying that popular groups are talentless and they are popular only because of company, looks and whatsoever , not because talent. And make an essay of 10 pages that say other people have no taste just because they are stanning a popular group. But they will also be the first to come out of fandom when the group they like becomes famous.

• fans who stan groups solely because they are popular are often addressed but there are fans who will stop stanning once the group gets big and receives attention, cos they have a weird urge to stan niche acts. This is common among all music fans not just kpop.

It’s like how some sport fans act as well, long time fans will question your love for the sport unless you know about the whole history of the subject and they make one feel like they cannot enjoy it or they are not a true fan unless they know everything.

At the end it’s just gatekeeping and maintaining superiority complex

• Please, nobody need to know every groups in kpop from the dinosaur era just to be a fan.

Counterpoint: only stanning popular and newer groups doesn't make you cool or special either.

:nct14:

• I used to meet this kind of people claiming older groups is better than the popular groups now usually Bts and Bp just to look different and acting like kpop is a history lesson. Please, nobody need to know every groups in kpop from the dinosaur era just to be a fan. And if you ask what songs they know from those groups and they only know few songs or even none.

And come those who only stanning nugu groups to look ' I'm different, not like you peasant '.They will make long essays saying that popular groups are talentless and they are popular only because of company, looks and whatsoever , not because talent. And make an essay of 10 pages that say other people have no taste just because they are stanning a popular group. But they will also be the first to come out of fandom when the group they like becomes famous.

You are right, this is why I stan what ever group SM will come out with in 2025, because I know they are the most talented, most funny and best visual of any girl group ever.

I do not even know who they are, but I already know they are the best.

• Supporting big group like BTS is like donating money to Elon Musk who is already rich to see scientific breakthroughs

while supporting nugu is like helping Ukrainian homeless children to their daily life

• Ukrainian homeless children chart better than my faves. :-(

Too soon?

• Tbh call me success stan or whatever but I can’t stan nugu groups mid-tier yes but it’s too painful to support nugu groups

Honestly I feel the same. Like I would get into them super hard and then they would disband out of the blue. Ironically, not getting into them only makes their disbandment more probable, so it's kind of a loop. But yeah, mid-tier is fine, but I'm not touching complete nugus.

• the only dinosaur needed

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Supporting big group like BTS is like donating money to Elon Musk who is already rich to see scientific breakthroughs

This is out of pocket and not true. BTS aren't controversial CEOs of tech monoliths or continually having babies with an ex-partner.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!