Kpop Stans and Superiority Complex: You're not better than others for stanning a certain group or a GG or BG

• This is something I've noticed in the Kpop stan community. People and users very SERIOUSLY believe they and their faves are SUPERIOR TO OTHER FANS AND GROUPS.

When I say I'm a GG supremacist, I'm joking around. I don't LITERALLY THINK GGS ARE BETTER THAN BGS OR THAT BGS ARE TRASH. But, there are users who seriously think and act this way. GG stans dismiss and look down on bg groups/stans, and vice versa.

People never seem to remember selfmate wise saying DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.

No group, no matter how much you like them, is SUPERIOR OR BETTER THAN ANOTHER GROUP OR FANDOM. You aren't a better person for staining a nugu, or for stanning a big4 group or GG or BG or Soloist or idol who produces. Who you stan, shouldn't define you and make you act like you're better than other fans.

We're all stans here. No group is actually trash or untalented. Kpop is an industry full of talent, so no group of fandom is superior to another. Don't talk down or disparage fans for who they stan-- that's just rude and a superiority complex.

• ultraaviolet

Changed the title of the thread from “Kpop Stans have Superiority Comeplexes” to “Kpop Stans and Superiority Comeplex: You're not better than others for stanning a certain group or a GG or BG”.
  • I thought this was as obvious as saying something like the sky is blue. I guess not for some people. I don't see myself as any better than any other stans on here, and I almost never think that way unless said "stan" did something really bad, like threaten an idol or touch them inappropriately, then I'll say I'm better than that one person because that's obvious, but even then I won't say that I'm better than that fandom since there are good and bad fans in every fandom.

I really hope people stop doing this seriously. It's not funny. As a joke, it's fine, but if you mean it seriously, then you're the problem.

• yeah some fans act so superior for stanning successful gps and like to disparage other groups when it's their faves' success not theirs lolforum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/231010/

my faves sucess is not my sucess. Ofc I feel great and want to brag and hype when they do well, but I'n not bout to say I'm a better person than others for stanning IVE or some shit lol.

• but how will people feel special? :taeyong-eating:

I feel special every time I see my GG Supremecist title. Helps me sleep at night. :nct41:

• This is how I feel about the ''I stan talent'' fans

Like ok we get it,Bethoven,you only stan true talent and musicality.Now let us shallow people breathe ffs

I am the only one who knows what true talent is. All ya'll stan untalented idol, sorry not sorry. Only my faves are the best. :nct30:

• my faves sucess is not my sucess. Ofc I feel great and want to brag and hype when they do well, but I'n not bout to say I'm a better person than others for stanning IVE or some shit lol.

This. Sure, if you helped stream a ton, then I suppose you technically did help some, but it was by such a microscopic amount that it's hardly worth pointing out. Their success is a combination of the fandom's effort as a whole, and the general public, so don't go calling it yours and making it seem like you did everything.

• funniest thing is that I can start stanning whatever group they're using to drag my fave and suddenly I have bragging rights too 💀

dummi oppar I stan our goddess BIBI too, now you cant drag my faves!!! :nct3:

• B..but people need something that can be boasted about in their life, because I have no other thing that I could be proud of in my life

and my fav's achievements are my achievements too

and there is this sweet sweet taste of dopamine whenever I could discrediting other's achievements

and if your fav is below mine, please accept the facts that you along with your favs is suck

• you've said "different strokes for different folks" so much that its now your saying :pepe-hips:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Kpop is a competition. Thats why kpop fans eill use anything to bring down their competition. So fand of top groups have to feel superior and bring down other groups to justify their group position. Like blinks who accuse every other girl idol of copying any of their members. Parasocial relationship is also influence in kpop. Because fans imagine themselves as their idol and living their life. They fight other groups because in their heads they see themselves as their idols.

• what about j-pop stans?

bkjA3hN.gif

only respect for them still being able to stan even with how much effort japan goes through to gatekeep it :pepe-pray:

but kpop is superior :lighter-pepe:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Well, it is pop music and in the end fans always brag about who's best and why they are better for stanning said "best" act. Even when someone says they stan a less popular act they are implying their taste is different for being able to look over the massive adoration and exposure a higlhy popular act gets and being able to see that even if said less popular act is just molded taking the popular one as a blueprint and turning it around until they attain the same level of popularity. It is common everywhere but in kpop everything is more over the top.

• Well, it is pop music and in the end fans always brag about who's best and why they are better for stanning said "best" act. Even when someone says they stan a less popular act they are implying their taste is different for being able to look over the massive adoration and exposure a higlhy popular act gets and being able to see that even if said less popular act is just molded taking the popular one as a blueprint and turning it around until they attain the same level of popularity. It is common everywhere but in kpop everything is more over the top.

wow. insightful!

tbh, yeah is prevalent everywhere but kpop stans take it to the next level lol.

• Yeah, cute thread, but BP and me, we are the queens and if you don't stan BLACKPINK is bc you obviously lack charisma, beauty, intelligence and social skills. Sorry, i don't make the rules :pepepizza: kkkkk

Buuuuut you are right. It's weird how kpop fans use their own faves to discredit others be it others kpop acts, be it fandoms.

• I'm an akgae, sorry not sorry mona :pepepizza:

tbh, it's terribly awkward when people fight using their faves.....like you think you're faves would like that? lol

• ultraaviolet

Changed the title of the thread from “Kpop Stans and Superiority Comeplex: You're not better than others for stanning a certain group or a GG or BG” to “Kpop Stans and Superiority Complex: You're not better than others for stanning a certain group or a GG or BG”.
  • No Violet chan,my faves are VERY objectively the best and everyone who stans them have reported signs of living a better life, no worries, clear skin and a prolonged life span.

:ak_yericanthearyou:

• Theres a few taglists that probably need to be used in this thread

drop them, tag them, or name them :taeyong-eating: no shady shade without names in my threads

/ don't actually tag tho eyy.

• but I'm the best girl

Anything I like or appreciate is also the best

There is no way around it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm an akgae, sorry not sorry mona :pepepizza:

tbh, it's terribly awkward when people fight using their faves.....like you think you're faves would like that? lol

Even worse, an akgae is someone so dumb that they can't comprehend the wonderful feeling of stanning 4 queens :pepepizza: kkkk

When i fight some user and suddenly they bring me their faves numbers :pepewhat: like, am i supposed to calculate something? Kkkkkkk

• This thread contains 72 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!