Question For Black Kpop Stans

• After seeing this video it made me realized that industry is racist, which I been knew before this vid . Even when I discovered kpop I was like 15/16 it was a safe space for me to be in my own world. Now that I'm older I learned some things like staying away from toxic stans and etc. For me I would not drop kpop because that's where I discovered my favorite girl group Twice. But I will acknowledge the things that happened in the video (mainly twice Jihyo and Momo). I hope they take accountability for their actions. Also I remembered seeing on twice sana solo vlive on twitter i think where a troll commented the nword trying to make sana say it but she didn't. I'm proud of her for being smart. I love their songs, it gives a revel feeling. I will follow twice for 10+ years, they make me happy in life.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have two questions for you. Will you drop kpop, for jpop, Apop etc? and this comment on youtube: I genuinely regret ever stepping into the rabbit hole that is Kpop. Honestly it’s just a toxic mess that I’m now realizing I can walk away from. I have no obligation to stay, and if respecting my race and culture is too hard, then I’m a clown for supporting any of them. I really wish more people had the mindset to just walk away, instead of putting up with it... maybe then they’d finally take accountability for their actions.

• Not black, but I am Indian, and I have seen moments where our culture has been appropriated and stereotyped in Kpop. Certainly, in this video in particular, comments that negatively deride darker skintones (even if they are "jokes") do make me disappointed as someone of darker-skin.

Honestly, I'm not going to pretend that any of the stuff the idols have done in the video is right. I'm not for blindly defending my favs. But I guess I support them in spite of that for their music. I'm not sure if that's right, but I do think there are good ways to criticize the industry and push for change, so idk. I think acknowledging it and pushing for healthy growth is what I rather do than walk away. I want to see things get better.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Not black, but I am Indian, and I have seen moments where our culture has been appropriated and stereotyped in Kpop. Certainly, in this video in particular, comments that negatively deride darker skintones (even if they are "jokes") do make me disappointed as someone of darker-skin.

Honestly, I'm not going to pretend that any of the stuff the idols have done in the video is right. I'm not for blindly defending my favs. But I guess I support them in spite of that for their music. I'm not sure if that's right, but I do think there are good ways to criticize the industry and push for change, so idk. I think acknowledging it and pushing for healthy growth is what I rather do than walk away. I want to see things get better.

Yea i agree with you :pepe-tea: also thanks for responding :pepelove1::dahyun3:

• After seeing this video it made me realized that industry is racist, which I been knew before this vid . Even when I discovered kpop I was like 15/16 it was a safe space for me to be in my own world. Now that I'm older I learned some things like staying away from toxic stans and etc. For me I would not drop kpop because that's where I discovered my favorite girl group Twice. But I will acknowledge the things that happened in the video (mainly twice Jihyo and Momo). I hope they take accountability for their actions. Also I remembered seeing on twice sana solo vlive on twitter i think where a troll commented the nword trying to make sana say it but she didn't. I'm proud of her for being smart. I love their songs, it gives a revel feeling. I will follow twice for 10+ years, they make me happy in life.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have two questions for you. Will you drop kpop, for jpop, Apop etc? and this comment on youtube: I genuinely regret ever stepping into the rabbit hole that is Kpop. Honestly it’s just a toxic mess that I’m now realizing I can walk away from. I have no obligation to stay, and if respecting my race and culture is too hard, then I’m a clown for supporting any of them. I really wish more people had the mindset to just walk away, instead of putting up with it... maybe then they’d finally take accountability for their actions.

Just recommending that you consider changing the text to default... Not everyone can read the pink.

2c0e5dad33f5ceac22a7bec3286f6a1922b32d13.gif

Edited once, last by Ves: FIXED! Sorry for the quoting error ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!