RE: Do you think rookie boy groups deserve to flop so much this year?

• I don't understand why we are making such a big deal of small or nugu companies group making no noise, its been this forever??? Only few boygroups from small or nugu companies make some noise and majority paid to dust. Its obivous boygroups this year make no noise as big 3/4 or mid tier companies didn't debut boygroup besides XH, but they are sadly ignored as they are band. Also is it right to call them flop? Ofc they will take time to build fanbase and more known as they are from nugu/small companies unlike groups from big companies who are exposed to everyone at their debut. Its the simple logic.

And to answer the question, no, they don't deserve to flop, they worked hard as well as everyone and that's not considering things are extra hard for them being from nugu/small company. Some group like Tempest even delivered one of the best music this year. But paid dust.

Only dissappointment being psy's group for me, considering their performances on Loud and considering it's Psy's group at least I thought they would stand out musically but its usual noisy bg again. Boygroups please just leave the noisy music to the ones who can do it in the right way ;( .

Do you think rookie boy groups deserve to flop so much this year? - K-Lounge Anons - allkpop forums

• Please stream my flop faves

;judgingpepe:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Give TAN some love. :pepelove1:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Its been so hard for Boy Groups these last few years ( :cryingr: unless u from Big4)

The only Boy group i stan that isn't from Big4 is E'last

i think its the concepts these 4th gen BG's are struggling with :drinktears:

• Its been so hard for Boy Groups these last few years ( :cryingr: unless u from Big4)

The only Boy group i stan that isn't from Big4 is E'last

i think its the concepts these 4th gen BG's are struggling with :drinktears:

yeah part of the problem is companies not investing in the concept and music of boygroups

just look at atbo's company tho, instead of creating music identity for their bg they just copy nct on purpose to get quick clicks but that's only harming the group

• And next year when we get SM NBG, Trainee A, and the Boys Planet 999 group debuting and it's just small companies debuting girl groups we'll be in the same boat, but reversed.

• yeah part of the problem is companies not investing in the concept and music of boygroups

just look at atbo's company tho, instead of creating music identity for their bg they just copy nct on purpose to get quick clicks but that's only harming the group

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

I hope Boy groups will find that concept that will make them gain attention

that's why I excited for BBC's New BG for next Year in 2023

cause i wonder if they will have story or interesting sound like loona :pepecute:

• jyp loud, pledis i think as well looking at pann pledis bg seems to be most anticipated

The Loud group! I knew I was forgetting something. I didn't know Pledis was planning a group still! :wow:

Fantagio is planning a new group too so we might have a new crazy visual guy debuting as a wildcard.

• The Loud group! I knew I was forgetting something. I didn't know Pledis was planning a group still! :wow:

Fantagio is planning a new group too so we might have a new crazy visual guy debuting as a wildcard.

I dont know official info I am just assuming they are debuting a new bg since its been while since svt? at least they must have trainees and they cant keep them long.

• I dont know official info I am just assuming they are debuting a new bg since its been while since svt? at least they must have trainees and they cant keep them long.

That's true, Seventeen will start enlisting in a couple of years too. I knew they were working on one before the merger, but idk how much Hybe tweaked their plans. It's certainly needed now that Nu'est is gone.

• yeah part of the problem is companies not investing in the concept and music of boygroups

ah yeah that reminds of that controversy nine.i got into because moa took issue with their mv ripping of txt.

Song is fine, but I am cynical because realistically, they wouldn’t have gotten attention for their music or whatever so I wouldn’t be surprised if their company was stirring the pot on purpose.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• ah yeah that reminds of that controversy nine.i got into because moa took issue with their mv ripping of txt.

Song is fine, but I am cynical because realistically, they wouldn’t have gotten attention for their music or whatever so I wouldn’t be surprised if their company was stirring the pot on purpose.

but that's all negative attention

fans of bigger groups will drag and harass the group, its only making hard time for the only 5 fans they have and if they leave because of it then what? and once group is labeled as rip off its not beneficial for the long term at all who would check out a group if they are known them as whatever popular group rip off

• but that's all negative attention

fans of bigger groups will drag and harass the group, its only making hard time for the only 5 fans they have and if they leave because of it then what? and once group is labeled as rip off its not beneficial for the long term at all who would check out a group if they are known them as whatever popular group rip off

Yeah I think that attention they get from publicity stunts is only temporary. It's not a sustainable way to manage.

Some of these nugu groups can't last that long and that's without publicity stunts. You'd think companies would try harder to think of the long term over short term success.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!