Who are more talented and deserving of success BTS twice newjeans or blackpink?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• In order I'd say:

1. BTS - I feel they earned it. They worked really hard and didn't have big company privilege or even a viral hit. Just dedication and nonstop promotions

2. Twice - Yeah they were under a big 3 label but it was the music (mainly the two back-to-back national hits of Cheer Up and TT) that made them the NGG

3. NewJeans - Similar to Twice, people liked their aesthetic. I feel lately though, people will just eat up anything they release

4. Blackpink - imo they never earned their extremely high level of fame, it came completely from the hype of being the next YG girl group after that hype they took it easy promotions-wise and don't really respect that

• In order I'd say:

1. BTS - I feel they earned it. They worked really hard and didn't have big company privilege or even a viral hit. Just dedication and nonstop promotions

2. Twice - Yeah they were under a big 3 label but it was the music (mainly the two back-to-back national hits of Cheer Up and TT) that made them the NGG

I agree but also thank you for pointing out Twice as well. They work 25/8 for every and all their success and it wasn't an easy journey when JYP worked them to the bone. And they're still working hard to the bone as if they're still rookies. TWICE and BTS still retained their rookie mentality and never took their fame for granted.

• Bts

Except for the 2 terrible vocal performances from jimin, they are one of the best Groups in Kpop History.

TWICE

Probably one of the most hardworking and improving groups. I give them 2nd place for their improvements over the years. From their rookie days they were indeed overrated and I think Newjeans are ahead in their rookie days.

Newjeans

People look down on their talent because of their outstanding success. 4 of 5 members have a nice listenable voice and they are great dancers. Their Rap is like most 4th Gen groups non existent.

Blackpink

They are actually good.

It's just in comparison to other groups they have a wayyyy more human like work life balance but the amount of disaster performance are outstanding compared to their over all performances.

• In order I'd say:

3. NewJeans - Similar to Twice, people liked their aesthetic. I feel lately though, people will just eat up anything they release

4. Blackpink - imo they never earned their extremely high level of fame, it came completely from the hype of being the next YG girl group after that hype they took it easy promotions-wise and don't really respect that

new jeans literally got fashion deals since debut, playlisting only a few months after their debut and are pushed by hype/ador. but sure they deserve it more. Blackpink only got the initial hype that's undeniable but the rest was something they did on their own. YG groups's promotions are always like that not sure why you are only singling out blackpink only

• In my opinion and I’m not replying to any comments lol:

BTS:

You may love them or hate them, but their success story IS the biggest in K-pop. What they’ve fking built is unprecedented, you may never see this again, probably ever. The numbers and the value of their company don’t lie. I didn’t think they would succeed, the stigma around boy groups (fan girls seen as crazed fans but then for Girl groups, fan girls are all about being female empowerment, it’s a unfair market). Not to mention, they don’t fit your typical beauty standard for boy groups, especially in the West. Their success is through sheer effort, hard work and also a bit luck and timing (that’s life). Deserved.

BP:

You could really see the passion in their eyes as trainees, and the hard work they put in. Their success in k-pop is again something we might never see again. However, I personally did think they were always going to make it big and I wasn’t surprised. They had everything for the Western market, YG, Teddy, the fashion label connections, ability to speak fluent English and most importantly their visuals. Also, YG knows what it takes to make a global hit group, look at 2NE1 and BB, from expensive, visually stunning MVs to the catchy music. Lastly, their looks are perfect for the West and Asia, all the girls are beautiful, like model looks (the best I’ve seen in GG). Big reason why Little Mix never really captured the US. People don’t realise how important beauty is as a factor in the entertainment industry. I think that’s quite obvious with their instagram followings. Also, not to mention I think having fewer comebacks played in their favour, when they had more frequent song releases, like with HYLT and then LG, the second song didn’t do as well. Overall deserved success but hoping to see that passion back from them.

New Jeans:

I’m sure they worked hard as trainees, but now being under Hybe, it’s different. They got quite lucky with their image and music with the resurface the Y2K. I mean look at Levis, year on year success due to this as well. It’s really too soon to tell with them, as k-pop expands, only time will tell. Not sure if they’re deserving yet.

Twice:

They’ve had a lot of success under JYP, you can tell from their performances that they’ve practiced and worked hard since day one. I do feel bad for them as I think they should have gotten more love as a group from the World. With their recent releases, I just haven’t seen the same impact as their older ones. Every group has an end date. But they really did elevate JYP to another level. Deserved.

• In terms of privilege and effort, BTS had the least amount of privilege and probably worked the hardest.

Twice had a lot of privilege, coming after two huge Big 3 groups, but also probably the hardest working GG.

Blackpink had a lot of privilege as well and probably busted ass during trainee days too, but their actual career discography? Well we know the drill.

NJ had the most amount of privilege, coming on the backs of BTS and benefiting from both Hybe's empire and MHJ brilliance. In terms of effort, they are probably below BTS/Twice but above BP.

In terms of talent... i would say BTS and Blackpink are at the top with BTS a slight edge since they're overall better dancers. Twice and NJ are a tier lower, although NJ is more of an incomplete, we still havent seen them really sing (i'm talking studio now, nobody sounds good singing live while doing choreo, not even Pavarotti or Mariah omg) a challenging song.

• BTS started from nothing to the top, you can think what you want about the group but they deserve what they got.

For the rest it's simply girls recruited for their visuals and debuted in big4 agencies. Impossible to compare a group that started from nothing to these privileged groups, the same way that we don't congratulate the talentless son of a famous actor who gets roles in big productions.

• Bts is the obvious answer. They started from nothing and with their hard work achieved success no one thought it would be possible. They made hybe, currently the most successful company by far.

Other groups worked hard too but coming from big companies they were privileged, nobody expected they wouldn't be successful

• Bts are only big cause they have bighit privilege since debut :eyes:

Technically it's JYP privilege as JYPark recruited Bang PD in the mid 90s, both went to America together before Bang left to create Big Hit, then JYPark allowed Bang to co-manage 2AM when Big Hit were barely making "ends meet".

• Blackpink and Newjeans had zero struggle, both had immediate success due to fans, neither had to build a fandom so they are eliminated from "deserving" their success, at least for this comparison.

BTS and TWICE built their fandoms through VLive real time streaming and creating fan content through that. In their 7th year, TWICE did a last minute mini fan meeting outside of their Music Show because they haven't forgotten whom they owe for their success.

Both have an extensive Discography showing they have been working on Music, releasing Songs and promoting every year.

While BP and Newjeans were basking in their Rookie success, TWICE were creating fan content by going to schools to do gorilla concerts and doing Mini Fan Meets outside of Music Shows.

Hard work deserves success

• Twice, they were in by far the worst company in terms of international pedigree and strategies compared to these groups. Although to some people, they would argue BTS build their company's privilage so maybe them. I just think Twice success is not down to JYPE's genius, but by coincidence and just work work and more work

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Twice, they were in by far the worst company in terms of international pedigree and strategies compared to these groups. Although to some people, they would argue BTS build their company's privilage so maybe them. I just think Twice success is not down to JYPE's genius, but by coincidence and just work work and more work

I agree. Twice may have had some initial success in Korea because of JYP but everything they’ve accomplished after those first few years is entirely through their hard work. At one point people even ridiculed them for their comebacks and contents and yet they persevered.

If they can do a sold out NA/WW tour it’s by sheer force of will and their hard work tbh.

• I can only speak for Twice and I think everyone should only be able to speak for their own faves as we don't know enough about the other groups.

Twice has overcome barrier after barrier.

Twice shift from their local fame to global fame is all due to their hard work.

First barriers, concept. The cute concept is a huge disadvantage vs the global audience. In 2021 alone Twice had gone through 6 concepts in one year. Twices shift in sound and their change in music style is extremely dramatic. Twice came in at a time when kpop was quickly westernized and had to quickly adapt, their ability to adapt is one of the reasons they're still around and other 3rd gen groups are not.

Second barrier, language, lack of English fluency. Twice did all this without any fluent English speakers. But not only that, they didn't just sit there and be like o well, let's make the best of it. Members continually studies English to this day and their English improvement is extremely evident to fans. They went from following scripts word for word to being able to improvise in English interviews.

Third barrier, age. Twices original fanbase is not resilient to aging. A large core of the fans were in it for their youthfulness and what was an advantage at start will become their disadvantage down the road. In fact, time after time, we've seen fans more on to younger and newer groups in kpop. Yet, JYP has released 3 girl groups since then and forth coming and arguably Twice is still on top. Twice has been able to counter the rate of fan loss with a higher net fandom gain. Their hard work and dedication to their fans. Twice does not slow down with fame. In fact, it seems the bigger they get the more social media engagement there is and more fan meets and more reminders fans are not forgotten. Before vlive went down, Twice was over of the groups with the most vlive hours clocked. Till this day, we still get fan appreciation project and "Once Day" reminders from them.

Forth barrier, vocal. The amount of criticism Twice got over this. Long story short, Twice did not ignore criticism. They followed up with increased vocal training. As a result of that, they specifically performed stages acapella. Their recent releases have significantly more vocal experiments, adlibs, etc.

Fifth barrier, China. Self explanatory.

Twice overcame many disadvantages thorough the years to get to the point where they are today. 3 years ago, nobody would have thought Twice would sell out stadiums in the US. Nobody would thought Twice would get Billboard awards. I can go on and on but Twice did not do this by passively sitting in comfortably on their asses, they were reactive to everything thrown at them.

• I think New Jeans is out of place here. They are rookies compared to these names and shouldn't be listed. Maybe give them another 5 years and we'll see.

BTS is obvious, started from the bottom and now we're here. Like Mamamoo.

Twice is from a known company, but the question is if they 'deserving' of the success, and they definitely do. Their work ethic is super professional and to the extreme.

---======---

• This thread contains 86 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!