Does it feel like ITZY is fading away?

• Ryujin and Yuna still get praise here and there, and even Chaeryeong got some better opinions about her. But as a whole, ITZY feels less and less relevant. Like a Big company version of Weeekly. Who could imagine in 2018 that GIDLE would achieve greater levels of success than ITZY. Even thought ITZY does have a large fandom, a lot of them are probably multistans who stan others more than ITZY (like Stray Kidz).

• godkingteshub

Changed the title of the thread from “Does it feel like ITZY is facing away?” to “Does it feel like ITZY is fading away?”.
  • It would probably feel like that to people who only follow the top 5 trendiest GGs right now.

It is true that JYPE does not promote them well though, but despite that, Ryujin still seems to have a lot of buzz. Just last week she trended like 5 times and was the talk of the community sites for her visuals.

But, yeah, since JYPE groups do not do a lot of solo promotions outside of comebacks (and the fact that ITZY has not had a comeback in like 7 months), they aren't being talked about as much.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I think the market right now, and always has been for KPOP, are super competitive. So many new groups debuting and GP are always fickle. Out with old, in with new etc. However I feel that ITZY has probably established a decent fan base already. So no matter what they still got people who will love and cheer for them. If they get new fans, great! But if not, I think it is also OK.

If you're a fan, support them if you can. Stream, sales, concerts, etc. MMM has a relatively mid-size dedicated fan base? We're not huge nor small, but we do support the artists as best as we can. Dreamcatcher started small but they have been gaining alot of love in recent years. Really really big fanbase are nice, but a dedicated ones are much better IMO.

It's OK if your artists aren't being mentioned constantly or in everyone's mouth, at least you know they are a good artist.

• Ryujin and Yuna still get praise here and there, and even Chaeryeong got some better opinions about her. But as a whole, ITZY feels less and less relevant. Like a Big company version of Weeekly. Who could imagine in 2018 that GIDLE would achieve greater levels of success than ITZY. Even thought ITZY does have a large fandom, a lot of them are probably multistans who stan others more than ITZY (like Stray Kidz).

Considering Itzy hadn't even debuted in 2018, I doubt anyone was making that comparison.

They're fine. Are they going to be the most popular girl group EVAR? No. And that's fine. They aren't on the verge of disbandment just because they aren't winning the figurative bloodbath that overly competitive Kpop fans have created in their own minds.

• I've noticed that performance centered GGs just dont have the same longevity or peak popularity as others. Itzy, NMIXX, Loona, Everglow, Dreamcatcher, even Gfriend. It's not enough to be amazing at dance and have great stage presence, to get to the very top you need other things. An IT GIRL, visuals, or vocals, or things even more intangible than that.

If you look at the top groups, no one would consider them stage demons as a whole but boy oh boy do they have other assets in abundance (Ive, Aespa, NJ, Idle, BP, RV, Twice, MMM, etc).

This is why i worry about LSRFM tbh. The girls are being praised the exact same way Itzy was being praised, but Hybe better be careful about pigeonholing them as only stage dancers (if they care about Korean relevance for this group). LSRFM members, even my cherished Sssamkkura, just arent seen as It Girls or visuals when compared to the Wonyoungs, Karinas, Minjis, Jennies, Jisoos, Nayeons, Hwasas, Irenes etc of the world. Unfortunately there isnt much Hybe can do about this issue except to keep promoting the girls and hope one of them at least breaks through to the general public.

• I've noticed that performance centered GGs just dont have the same longevity or peak popularity as others. Itzy, NMIXX, Loona, Everglow, Dreamcatcher, even Gfriend. It's not enough to be amazing at dance and have great stage presence, to get to the very top you need other things. An IT GIRL, visuals, or vocals, or things even more intangible than that.

If you look at the top groups, no one would consider them stage demons as a whole but boy oh boy do they have other assets in abundance (Ive, Aespa, NJ, Idle, BP, RV, Twice, MMM, etc).

This is why i worry about LSRFM tbh. The girls are being praised the exact same way Itzy was being praised, but Hybe better be careful about pigeonholing them as only stage dancers (if they care about Korean relevance for this group). LSRFM members, even my cherished Sssamkkura, just arent seen as It Girls or visuals when compared to the Wonyoungs, Karinas, Minjis, Jennies, Jisoos, Nayeons, Hwasas, Irenes etc of the world. Unfortunately there isnt much Hybe can do about this issue except to keep promoting the girls and hope one of them at least breaks through to the general public.

That's why they are building up Eunchae's popularity. Once she gets older she might be in the it-girl competition

ITZY has IT girl potential though. Yuna literally went viral from her U-Go girl performance (she also apparently started some bag trend too), and Ryujin is constantly trending for her visuals and was called a "blue-chip" in the industry.

They just aren't marketed as It girls like those girls and women you mentioned.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• That's why they are building up Eunchae's popularity. Once she gets older she might be in the it-girl competition

It's a shame that Minju didnt join. She would have been that It Girl in Korea no question about it. She checks every box, her offstage personality combined with her visuals and stage presence oncamera would have rivaled Wonyoung and Karina tbh.

Yea, a world where ITZY and LESSERAFIM are not Top visuals is a world I am not in.

Yuna is literally the prettiest idol in all of 4th gen. God's Gift.

And LESSERAFIM is literally stacked when you got Chaewon, maybe one of the sexiest (and cutest) idols in existence, and Kazuha, a literal angel, running around.

• They only recentlyish concluded a pretty packed world tour/other touring and performance schedule and are taking a bit of downtime

They are still the strongest 4th gen group by social media following

They had recent viral moments in Korea for their college performances

Its been 7 months since their last comeback

Chaeryeong is busy planning our wedding

• They only recentlyish concluded a pretty packed world tour/other touring and performance schedule and are taking a bit of downtime

They are still the strongest 4th gen group by social media following

They had recent viral moments in Korea for their college performances

Its been 7 months since their last comeback

Chaeryeong is busy planning our wedding

I love how you slipped the wedding plans in at the end.

^^

• Girl groups that no longer put out hit title tracks become irrelevant in online discussions pretty quickly. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

This. There's too much competition to put out average music these days. We're past the point where just being pretty, and likable, and coming from a Big 3 company is enough to keep you on the top.

That said, I think Itzy is doing just fine. Realistically no girl group or boy group stays on top forever, they all fade eventually. The important thing for the girls is that they all became household names, and can leverage that in their future careers. In the meantime, they have a solid fan base and can keep enjoying this level of success for several more years.

• I believe that JYP has figured out that Korea doesn't matter, which is definitely the case for Twice.

This has further been cemented for observers like me anyway, but JYP already figured it out maybe 1 or 2 years ago, with Stray Kids selling like 5+ million albums.

Both did not even chart in the top 50 in Melon I believe.

So most likely from now on, the focus for Itzy and NMixx will be on overseas activities and overseas marketing.

• That's why they are building up Eunchae's popularity. Once she gets older she might be in the it-girl competition

Maybe the next Variety girl like Lee Mi-joo.

imo the real next IT girl will appear when a 4th gen female idol has a main role in a successful drama. Yoona and Suzy, were huge drama stars which made them mainstream. Maybe Yujin from Ive? Besides her, there doesn't seem like any other active idol has shown an interest in acting.

• It's called recency bias.

Pretty much of this.

Even thought ITZY does have a large fandom, a lot of them are probably multistans who stan others more than ITZY (like Stray Kidz).

well, funnily enough, some days ago I found that there are many stray kids stans that are stanning gidle. Reason why they stanning both is they are both self-producing group, well mostly more of sentimental reason rather than just a group in a same company. But maybe Minazuki will know more about stays who are multis?

• People here are so used to big title news like selling 10M album, debut no.1 on chart every new song, selling stadium tour and trending worldwide on twitter if they fart that they think many groups like Itzy are ''fading away'' just because they are quietly doing their world tour, releasing an album but didn't chart no.1 instantly so not newsworthy or become hyped on tiktok...

• well their chart performance have been subpar recently

and even if their fandom is strong and their sales great, they no longer look as strong considering that 1M is starting to become normalize for top GG sales

+ the fact that their growth in sales between checkmate and cheshire isn't as big than other top 4th gen group and gg who are label as flop by a lot of people like NMIXX is already almost matching Itzy sales after just 1 year

+ some of their members are still able to trend here and there but they aren't as consistent in term of hype like other gg idols like Wonyoung, Yujin, Winter, Karina, Chaewon, Minju etc...

all these things are proof that the hype and interest around Itzy and Itzy members is decreasing cuz of all the other groups taking more space in the industry and attracting more fans

so for me yes Itzy is fading away recently

and that's 100% normal 4th gen is one of the most competitive era we ever seen in Kpop for Girlgroup

with top companies like SM, Hybe and YG still planning on debuting new gg who will take more space in the industry

Itzy had great debut but they weren't able to re-brand themselves as well than G-idle who debut around the same time than them to be able to still be consider as a top player in the industry

with More groups debuting after them like IVE, Aespa, LSRF, NJ etc... who stole some of their spotlight

and push itzy to the back of the competition

new Big GG will debut in few months too and Itzy will be push to the back even more so yes i do consider that they faded away will continue to do it unless a miracle happen

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I hope you're wrong then in the next CB. It's clear from every comment that you enjoyed Itzy's drop on the digital chart so much. I remember you wrote the same comments fifty times in long paragraphs. When you write the same thing fifty times, it is very obvious that you are happy. Aren't you tired of just praising your own favourites and always discredit Itzy members? I wish Itzy to catch up with their old success again, despite everything. Despite Jyp. Also, even the low chart version of Itzy is definitely more talk about than most kpop groups. Because for Itzy, these kinds of topics always pop up.

• Definitely fading away

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This just hit 50 million views

• Honesty, to me, it feels like their song quality has faded. Both of JYPE’s most recent girl groups have more potential than their teams seem to be able to consistently actualize.

• I disagree, I think Itzy is fine. And with each CB, the fandom is expanding. They are not trending in Korea but still Members; Ryujin, Yuna, and Chaeryeong are always complimented and praised shows that Gp hasn't given up. Jyp just needs to give quality songs and concepts.

I think the members individually are getting attention but the group's music isnt. Initial charting is the best way to gauge public interest + fandom size. Their previous few songs charted quite bad (except sneaker which went viral because of chaeryoung)

Sometimes i wonder what went wrong with ITZY too. JYP seems to be losing its direction and sight for GGs. Even GIDLE is doing much better despite debut earlier

• Voltage >>>> Sneakers

JYP are holding back the better song for release in Japan.

This is deliberate because doing well in Korea is not part of their business strategy.

• I think the members individually are getting attention but the group's music isnt. Initial charting is the best way to gauge public interest + fandom size. Their previous few songs charted quite bad (except sneaker which went viral because of chaeryoung)

Sometimes i wonder what went wrong with ITZY too. JYP seems to be losing its direction and sight for GGs. Even GIDLE is doing much better despite debut earlier

Because I think Sneaker and Cheshire were songs in the bside caliber. Jyp has definitely lost the direction

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because I think Sneaker and Cheshire were songs in the bside caliber. Jyp has definitely lost the direction

External Content twitter.com

Actually cheshire is quite good as title, just that it wasnt something people were looking forward to at that point of time.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!