Do you also cringe when you see kpop fans....

• well official fan chants of shinee includes their real names not stage names.

I think it's normal for fans to pick up their real names.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idk about you but it takes awhile for my brain to process that when someone says suga they are talking about yoongi, the same goes for someone calling taehyung "V"

1 year and 7 months until AVATAR 3

• I kinda understand your pov. I also prefer using stage name even if people using the first name don't bother me

I can't personally i find this cringy and disrepectful to the artist

It's like going to JayZ and call him Shawn

To me if they decided to go for a stage name it's most of the time :

1) because their stage name have a true story that they care about

2) because they wanted to make a clear difference between the celebrity and the person they are with their friend and family

And calling them by their real name when they use stage name especially in the second reasons is trying to invade their "personal life" and disregard their desire

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• You have no life if you are nitpicking stuff like this. Policing what name fans and non fans choose to use is so useless. I use the name I feel like using at the moment and don’t obsess about it and I expect that is how 99% of people are. There is no hidden meaning to it unless you are an obsessive kpop fan with no life.

• Calling idols by their real name or by a surname

I often see people use idols surname or their real name like (jongin, yoongi...) To talk about an idol and i can't help but cringe at people like this

Like why do you think these idols choose stage name if you use their real name 😔😔

Some idols share their real names with fans and invite them to use them. So in those cases I do not think so but if a idol has specifically wanted to be called their stage pseudonym, yes, oh yes it does get on my last nerve

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Y'all have too much time on your hands if you worry about things like these.

And me i find this hypocrites that you are all acting like you care about idols mental health and how they feel

and can't even think if they would be comfortable or not with unknow people not calling them by the stage name they decided to use before debuting

And prefer to call them by their real name without even knowing if it doesn't make this idol awkward and uncomfortable

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Some idols share their real names with fans and invite them to use them. So in those cases I do not think so but if a idol has specifically wanted to be called their stage pseudonym, yes, oh yes it does get on my last nerve

Exactly

But some idols never speak about it and fans use their real name to talk about them as if they are friends

For example i remember seeing someone made a video on youtube going to meet Drag queens and using their real name to talk about them

Lot of them were trying to turn it into a funny situation and joke about it even if you could see they were awkward

And other were really pissed that this person wasn't respecting their decision to use their stage name

And it made me think about idols and fans using their real name without any consent

And it make me kinda laugh when i see some of them brush it as something useless and stupid

Without even thinking that some idols might be disturb by people using the name they decided to keep for their personal life to adress to them as if they are their friend

Fans keep talking that kpop fans are pushing a parasocial relationship with them

But by doing this fans are doing the same

• I am sorry but some idols just have cringe stage names and many of them said they prefer their real name. But idk I just don't see the issue with it. I thought it's probably just cultural differences. but Korean fans call them by their first names as well. I don't think calling them by their birthname is a result of parasocial relationships, it's just someone calling someone by their name. Plus, some idols have such strange stage names that are really hard to pronounce for some people, it can be easier for them to refer to them by their birth name or a nickname. I cannot pronounce Sangyeon's name, so I just call him leader (looking for a more creative nickname for him) when I talk to my Deobi sibling. I can't pronounce Jeongyeon, so I call her JJ.

• or it's because their real name is common and referring to idols by their real name isn't invading their personal life lmao fucking weirdo

• And me i find this hypocrites that you are all acting like you care about idols mental health and how they feel

and can't even think if they would be comfortable or not with unknow people not calling them by the stage name they decided to use before debuting

And prefer to call them by their real name without even knowing if it doesn't make this idol awkward and uncomfortable

95% of the time the stage name is chosen by the company, mostly for 3 reasons:

1. to be easier to remember

2. to avoid confusion in case there's another celebrity with a similar name.

3. to fit in with the group's image

Their real name is made public, unless an idol states they don't want to be called by their real name then I don't see any reason why you should make a fuss about it. Most idols nowadays use their names anyway...

• Lmfao I thought you're referring to seeing Kpop fans in real life and I was about to agree with you for the first time😅 Seems like you're truly incapable of having good take, cuz this is an absolute ass take.

• Even their own group members don't call each other by stage names. It's rare for the members to even call Taehyung as V lol

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I remember how people got pissed at NU'EST-fans years ago whenever someone mentioned JR as Jonghyun since they confused it with SHINee's Jonghyun and I even saw 2-3 comments of people saying "WTF? I was so close to say what the fuck is this thread because he is actually dead... than I saw you mean someone else" and however people were not too nice towards NU'EST when they said they give no damn about that a 2nd person has the same name

No idea what lead to it but in 2022 when NU'EST had disbanded he announced that he was now spelling his name Jonghyeon when he said he was debuting as soloist under Kim Jonghyeon.

Also some ideals request it even on their own to be called by their real name. A.C.E's Byeongkwan went by his English name Jason before that he took when he used to live in Canada for about a year. He than said a year after his debut that he would preffer it to go by his realname. Bang Chan also said in the past that he wouldn't mind it when people call him Chris since his birthname is Christopher but I don't think Bang Chan would ever change his name as an idol. And as of recent in ONEWE Guik said he dosn't wants to be called Cya anymore and that he would preffer to be called by his realname. IDK it's sometimes a bit hard since you need to get used to the new stagenames when people announce to change their names. It's mostly harder to understand when the birthname of an idol is more complicated than their old stagename.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• well official fan chants of shinee includes their real names not stage names.

I think it's normal for fans to pick up their real names.

same with BTS . some fanchants

include their REAL names so yeah

and same. like it feels more comfortable and just easy-going. it's not bad, right?

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Even their own group members don't call each other by stage names. It's rare for the members to even call Taehyung as V lol

exactly

even the members call him Taehyung

and ARMYs mostly call him Taehyung/Tae too

honestly i get a tad bit confused when someone says "oh V did this" or "i like V" . im like :pepestare: cause im used to calling him Taehyung

• it's not bad, right?

I dont personally see whats bad about it

like for some reasons when SHINee wants to clown each other they start going last name basis

Like "ya this Choi Minho is so annoying" or "Lee Taemin rude boy"

Its just funny and playful and when fans watch the content they pick it up?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• there's no problem right?

because many fans just naturally gravitate towards calling an idol by their NAME once they have stanned them long enough

and i know some fans of fandoms who call their idols by their name-names so i guess there's no problem

• exactly!

that's so cute! i also know other groups that do that to clown each other (altho some clown their ages :pepe-smug:) but my mind is blanking me rn

probably. or as you start becoming more of a fan, you get confidence (??) and just call them by their name bcs you feel like you know them or just got used to it

i see nothing wrong

• It's normal for us fans to get used to Taehyung's name because all the members call him that way on every show they broadcast. But it's also normal for non-fans to know him as V because it's a catchy and short name, they're not used to the group like us and haven't watched their shows. That's why many think that when they start watching, there are two different members named V and Taehyung jksjs

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Because they have a personal bond together ofc they would use his real name they knew each other before he become V

But i don't really see how you can compare friendship and the relation between idols and fans

Like even if his friend call him by his real name and his comfortable

That doesn't mean they are necessarily comfortable to be call by their real name by their fans

And i personally find this rude that fans directly think that idols are fine with this and don't even question themselves about it

But usually if someone use a stage name is because they prefer to be refer by their fan by their stage name not their personal name

And a lot of celebrity use stage name to clearly make a difference between their personal and profesional life

• Yes my point then you all don't care if an idol feel comfortable or not about this

Just because you consider it's fine for you , it's gives you the right to do it without really thinking about the other person might think

• This is such a non-issue :skull:

No one has an issue when people call The Weeknd Abel for example

Yeah and next to this there was Cary grant who hated his real name and changed it to cary grant so i doubt he would have been happy to be call archibald in the past

Or how rihanna said that she's kinda numb when she heard the name rihanna

But when she heard her real name robyn she pay attention because she know that only her friends and family are autorize to use it

I can also mention miley cyrus who legally changed her name because she prefered to be call Miley by people than Destiny

Or Emma stone who said that M is her surname but she only let people who inow her well use it

My point still stand not all the people like to see their fans use their real name because they prefer to keep it as a personal matter and use their stage name for all the thing relative to their professional life

And like why is it so hard to respect the fact of using their stage name and not their real name

Especially if they never gave you the autorization of using their real name to address them

Like i don't understand how some of you are always talking about respecting the desire of celebrities but then not being able to respect the fact of using their stage name to adress to them and not their real name especially if they don't give you their autorization

And if you're not even aware if they are comfortable with this

• It's normal for us fans to get used to Taehyung's name because all the members call him that way on every show they broadcast. But it's also normal for non-fans to know him as V because it's a catchy and short name, they're not used to the group like us and haven't watched their shows. That's why many think that when they start watching, there are two different members named V and Taehyung jksjs

yeah

like they call them that so it grows on fans and it looks like he's fine with it! and on weverse i mainly see ARMYs refer to him as Tae

and i don't think i was confused on the who was V & who was Taehyung when i entered the ARMY fandom altho i see baby ARMYs do get confused and it's funny :sweat:

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!