“Looks like their popularity among the domestic public has dried up” Netizens are disappointed with TWICE’s ‘SET ME FREE’ ranking on Melon daily chart

• “Looks like their popularity among the domestic public has dried up” Netizens are disappointed with TWICE’s ‘SET ME FREE’ ranking on Melon daily chart

TWICE comeback ‘SET ME FREE’ on Melon daily chart TWICE-comeback-SET-ME-FREE-on-Melon-daily-chart-1024x165.webp

1. I don’t think this song will be successful in Korea, I think it’s a song that is targeting the overseas music market

2. TWICE is good, but the song is so bad..ㅜㅜ Please, please remove the rap parts from the song

3. If you don’t like their song, you don’t have to listen to it

4. I think they are focusing on the foreign market rather than the domestic market

5. I really don’t like the rap part… Honestly, I don’t think their rapping skills are the problem, but the rap part is not good

6. The song is good except for the rap part

7. They sell a lot of albums, but their digital is bad, they’re like a boy group

8. The quality seems better than their previous songs so it’s a pity, I hope more people listen to it

9. Expectations are zero in Korea after controversy over singing skills

10. Because the quality of the song is so bad, the public’s expectations are getting lower and lower, and some members get into controversy over their skills, isn’t this result natural?

11. I went to Melon after reading this post, but it’s not on the chart?

12. Dahyun sings well, why does she keep rapping awkwardly?… And the rap part itself isn’t good

13. They don’t care about Melon anymore, now they focus on Spotify

14. Looks like their popularity among the domestic public has dried up

Original post (1)

“Looks like their popularity among the domestic public has dried up” Netizens are disappointed with TWICE’s ‘SET ME FREE’ ranking on Melon daily chart – Pannkpop

• [theqoo] TWICE'S SET ME FREE MELON DAILY RANKING

bypannchoaMarch 11, 2023

AVvXsEhVN17T1TNKG-pZajDoJf8DIVAjupPNiVWZDSyCUMjXGqojdMf5nMNa_fqTj-SGiSv3KHM0zU16jlz5MrZHr3SWLMa_s7pqM_7ZRB-T2cbPmfa0aJhChUfptQ5CqeUWk_9xEk-zHcz2yL8gAQZaaGrDlu8izhopfxj39nyO0DPDjlZZLl4zf1aGTUkN=s16000

original post: here

1. After their singing skills controversy, Korea just stopped expecting anything from them

2. It's because the members' skills gap keep widening ㅠㅠ What a shame

3. Leaving Twice aside, this is JYP's issue
    The company has given up on public friendliness at some point and just started on focusing on overseas results. The company's idols' results are all so bad domestically but it doesn't seem like they're even considering working harder to resolve this issue

4. Aside from their singing skills, it's mostly because songs like Feel Special, More & More and Alcohol Free were simply better songs. Meanwhile all their newer releases were all so so. Even if it wasn't your taste, songs like I Can't Stop Me still gathered a lot of people wh oenjoyed it. They should've just continued pushing this kind of music, it's such a shame

4. I really f*cking liked Talk That Talk ㅠ The song was freaking good, so Set Me Free is a bit lacking

5. I don't feel like any of the concept in the concept teaser for the album went into the song, so I don't even know what the song is about, this is the title that is the most ambiguous for them..

6. Twice's titles were always well-picked in the past no matter how bad the b-sides were.. But at some point, their b-sides started becoming better and even the album quality got better, but their titles dropped ㅠ

7. Starting from Scientist, people stopped expecting their results

8. I like Twice but this song was so bad... Seriously I wonder what made the think this song was title worthy

9. They can really just spend half the time they spend on practicing dancing and put it into practicing singing. They're not rookies who just sings whatever it's given to them anymore

10. If it was really all because of their skills, then they would've never made it big from the beginning.. It's simply because nobody expects anything from them anymore.

[theqoo] TWICE'S SET ME FREE MELON DAILY RANKING
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• they lack of appeal now to the gen public and fanboys

the cutesy and bubblegum pop song is the main reason of their popularity

after 2018
    the only song I like is
    TWICE - I cant stop me it had joyful beat and lyrics

• Every comeback we get these doom and gloom Twice is declining threads for the past 5 years but nobody seems to learn from it because every year Twice does the unexpected and enter new territories and shatters expectations elsewhere.

Every comeback, people act surprised by Twice's domestic charting like they're seeing it for the first time.

I get it, many kpop fans are new with the rise in kpop popularity over the years. Anyone whos been around will soon realize this is just the natural course of progression in Korea as a group ages but nobody goes around making a thread for every one of those groups except for Twice antis.

Most groups would die for some of Twice's international achievement in recent years at the same time that they are "declining" domestically.

But, I love seeing these kind of threads because I know Twice still relevant and live in peoples minds. I've seen groups the same age as Twice that hasn't received any threads in months.

• twice has been declining their entire career at this point lol you'd think this topic would grow stale by now

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• twice has been declining their entire career at this point lol you'd think this topic would grow stale by now

Twice debuted in 2015. Twice has now spent more years declining than ascending.

I pity them, everyone else must pity them too because clearly all their albums and tour tickets are bought out of pity, there can be no other explanation :smirks:

• This is for some of you that have nothing else to do but nitpick every time Twice has a comeback.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No it's not true....it's not true....it's fake.. please take post down...just sick....why are we believing all of this is....just sickening....these korean netizens have ruined twices reputation and its so terrible because all twice do is spread love and positivity in the music genre. Why do you need to trash twice like this....publicly... It's so terrible I just start crying because it's so wrong and hateful. What have twice done. stop. Stop It. I just could cry. Stop.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• yeah twice is really struggling

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yeah we get it now Twice have been declining in korea for the past 3 years, they had a good run for 2-3 years as the top GG

and for knetz saying that they are focusing on international market now it's kinda wrong because their last 2 comeback were targeted towards Koreans public, but the success wasn't there neither.

They are just not see as a trendy or interesting GG in korea anymore and that's it it's time to move on i think

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• This is for some of you that have nothing else to do but nitpick every time Twice has a comeback.

Damn he spilled.

• yeah we get it now Twice have been declining in korea for the past 3 years, they had a good run for 2-3 years as the top GG

and for knetz saying that they are focusing on international market now it's kinda wrong because their last 2 comeback were targeted towards Koreans public, but the success wasn't there neither.

They are just not see as a trendy or interesting GG in korea anymore and that's it it's time to move on i think

Make it 5, you can't be that delusional

• Same old threads every comeback like who cares. The thing about Twice is they don't need the GP. So what if they don't chart high on Melon anymore? They had their time at the top.

I am not gonna lie Twice charting rn is terrible but it doesn't really matter cause digitals make little to no money. Twice have a solid fandom to back them up and that's all they need. I mean they are starting one of the biggest tours ever by a Kpop act next month, I am sure they don't care they are 80 or something on Melon which they don't even use anymore.

loml

• Their biggest Korean hits are all their worst to me so it's always weird to see the disappointment about recent titles and how it affects their charting. It's a rough life as a Scientist stan :drinktears:

Scientist, their last legendary single :sob-bunny: . I don't get tired of it, it's still on my playlist. Talk That Talk, Set Me Free, Moonblight just can't compare. If you think about it, despite all the claims to the contrary, Twice's discography continued to shine bright in 2020-2021, with great songs like More and More, Cry For Me, Alcohol Free, and Scientist. It was only from 2022 that the quality fell.

• Their biggest Korean hits are all their worst to me so it's always weird to see the disappointment about recent titles and how it affects their charting. It's a rough life as a Scientist stan :drinktears:

Cheer Up is their worst song tbh

• -deleted-

You actually shoulda linked this page. The comments section of these articles usually end up in a massive shitfest of hate/counterhate/trolling/etc and tbh there probably is some of that. But the discussion for this topic has overall actually been... *GASP*... interesting? Even informative? =O =O =O =O

ETA: Sorry ignore this comment. I went down further on the page and saw way too many anti-Twice hate and troll comments X(X(X(

• Focus on Korea and make only $5 million per year

or

Focus on the Foreign Market and make $250 million per year?

Thats why they dgaf about Korea anymore.

• This song wasn't it for me but they still have a strong fanbase who will buy any merchandises. Twice can go on as long as the fandom supports them . They will still sell out stadiums.

It is a plus having a song that does well in Public and streams but not a necessity anymore in today's Kpop industry.

• Focus on Korea and make only $5 million per year

or

Focus on the Foreign Market and make $250 million per year?

Thats why they dgaf about Korea anymore.

They do gfaf about Korea. Do you think they go to Amazing Saturday and all the radio shows for shits and giggles? Why do that at all if they don’t for SK?

The idea that JYPE no longer care about SK when they push them is hilarious.

• The streams of the actual music in international markets has been poor this comeback as well.
    Good for the fans for increasing their album buying efforts though because that has clearly paid off if the HDD prediction holds up.

• The streams of the actual music in international markets has been poor this comeback as well.
    Good for the fans for increasing their album buying efforts though because that has clearly paid off if the HDD prediction holds up.

Having album sales & touring means the group gets to continue earning $$$ but they should say goodbye to impacting songs charts

• You guys are all wrong. Twice is still huge in Korea. Are any of y'all actually living in Korea? What the heck do y'all know? I have lived here since 2018, Twice is still popular but they just arent releasing songs that would be popular outside of their fandom and the kpop scene. Poeple still know Twice and check them out but their recent songs just dont catch on. You go to a club here that places kpop music and you will likely come across some of Twices older songs, not their newer ones. They also arent seen as "cool" anymore which is what groups like BP, BTS, and NJ are. Twice has a large fandom in Korea but ultimately they dont produce catchy songs that would entice people to listen to it again and again. Thats the problem.

Set Me Free is a clear example of that, a good song but personally I dont want to keep going back to it again and again. There was no part that grabbed me to do that and that's as a fan. I wish Twice would really be set free from the same kpop formula of having segmented parts in their music, for instance having a rap part. I think in Twice songs the raps can be good but often they come off as forced especially when Dahyun, Mom, and Chaeyoung are fine vocalist. If you want to give them a rap then make a rap song with a unit group of Momo, Dahyun, and chaeyoung. I would love that, I think they are fine rappers but dont include it in title track as twice isnt a rap/hip hop group. I think JYPE could learn somethings from groups like NJ. New Jeans marketing and songs are brilliant.

• They do gfaf about Korea. Do you think they go to Amazing Saturday and all the radio shows for shits and giggles? Why do that at all if they don’t for SK?

The idea that JYPE no longer care about SK when they push them is hilarious.

K-ONCEs COMPLAINING

FZZOuikVQAAvStC?format=jpg&name=900x900

Their last song in Korea, they had 7 Korean music show appearances in 1.5 weeks. So they promoted for 10 days. Thats it. Thats what I call dgaf, and doing the absolute minimum that you have to do.

• Folks, let's use some common sense here.

These are for the most part, Korean idols. Even the Japanese trio have spent 40 percent of their lives in Korea and most of their teens/20s there. Pretending they don't care about what Korea thinks of them is like thinking Olivia or Taylor or Ariana would be fine with flopping in the US as long as they were popular in Germany, Korea, UK or Japan.

• Twice still cares about the Korean market. And yes their popularity has "declined" in the sense that they're no longer the most dominant gg in the country.

But some of you act like the girls are washed to the Korean public. They still do great gate numbers for their concerts in Korea. They sold 1.98M albums in Korea during 2022 for goodness sake, which is more than their dominant years. They're still endorsement darlings, they still get better ratings than your average gg's on variety shows. Trust me I was out there last year. They're still beloved, their fanbase just grew up and a lot of the things that gave them the rabid popularity are things that age out unlike say BP's type of music which started out more mature. And frankly the music and their dancing skills have gotten better. I'd take better music/performances over dominance any day of the week.

20230312_011850.jpg

• Twice is known to make regular comback but lately the cbs are too frequent and the marketing impacts are no longer verified...

JYP is in a rush to make money, so he will release whatever he has in his hands no matter what

Sadly, he's starting to do the same thing on Itzy

“ < 4 you & her

• K-ONCEs COMPLAINING

Their last song in Korea, they had 7 Korean music show appearances in 1.5 weeks. So they promoted for 10 days. Thats it. Thats what I call dgaf, and doing the absolute minimum that you have to do.

What 8 year old kpop group spends weeks promoting on music shows? 7 is actually quite a lot compared to some of their peers that also have eyes on the west.

They blame promotions because it hasn’t done well. Outside of music shows and variety what other promotion do you think Twice did back then but not now?

• K-ONCEs COMPLAINING

catch two rabbits?

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!