Boy groups have been terrible this year, but here's 5 songs that were actually good

• Boy groups really need to step it up. For the most part they all sound the same and are very forgettable. Here's 5 songs though that I've really liked

5. Blessed-Cursed - Enhypen

Just a bop, with a nice pre-chorus that sets up the super catchy chorus well

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

4. Find You - Bz-Boys

Gives me Wanna One vibes and I know if Wanna One released this ya'll would be eating it up

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3. Du Du Du - Tan

I swear I've heard this melody before, but not sure where. At least it has a different vibe than most boy groups lately, almost a sexy boy group concept

2. Rollin' - Vanner

Serotonin booster of the year. I dare you to watch this without smiling. Not the company sabotaging them by calling it a performance video tho

1. Marvelous - Mirae

Just amazing. Lalalilala boy group version. Come on the "I feel like I'm on Ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma Mars" part is CRACK

Honorable mention: Chronograph by Victon

Gives me early 2nd gen vibes, like something SHINee would release

What are your favorite boy group songs of the year so far?

• but yes that viction sound like sth from misconception series

• Chronograph is so cool! I liked this song a lot!

Also, not being biased, but SKZ's Venom and Charmer (anticipating for the MVs a lot).

Venom fits the "noise poppers" taste a lot. I'm addicted to this song.

Charmer is *really fun* to listen to.

External Content open.spotify.com

Extra appreciation to Maniac, the title.

• You're always working hard in showing us some nice underrated songs.

I'm not into bgs, so I know just enha song, gonna give a listen to the rest.

• Oh, Find You is so good, truly a gem. Du du du next.

• External Content open.spotify.com

• Hopkinz

Hopkinz

Hopkinz

you're listening to the wrong BG's come to the light...let me show you...come here come on lol

Anticipate Highlight, Verivery and D-Crunch starting today

• Du du du is another nice song. I love sexy/mature conceps.

• Don't Stop is pretty good. I've heard that a couple times, but I haven't added to my playlist yet.

SF9 and Ghost9 songs aren't from this year

Luminous and Black Level have that kinda generic boy group sound that I'm not super into.

I was kinda disappointed with UP10TION and Nu'est's songs this year

Villain is a better song than Trendz's actual debut title track

Omega X's song reminds me too much of Bomb Bomb by KARD

and yeah I like Bz-Boys, that's why I put it on my list :p :P

I am anticipating Highlight, Verivery, and D-Crunch though

• Maniac, so far.

Maniac song of the year

Even Maniac was a little disappointing. Lots of Stray kids songs are starting to sound the same lately. A Stray kids chorus is just speaking the title of the song a bunch of times with an empty beat drop for the first part and then for the second part they add a little bit more to the motif and the instrumentals get louder and more hype. Every single comeback

• Tempest’s Bad news is by far my favorite release this year so far. No the usual try hardness, no tired and nonsensical lores attached to it, just pure fan. And the choreo is such a joy to watch.

I also liked this nugu bop

External Content youtube.com

This group got some serious vocals.

• External Content open.spotify.com

Do It Like This has grown on me

I don't really like Astro's sub-unit songs. Rocky&JinJin sounds too much like Uptown Funk and that song is overplayed

The other songs than Sanha&Moonbin did were forgetabble

I LOVE Pentagon but it's got me feelin' like...annoyed. It's one of my least favorite comebacks by them in years.

• Tempest’s Bad news is by far my favorite release this year so far. No the usual try hardness, no tired and nonsensical lores attached to it, just pure fan. And the choreo is such a joy to watch.

I also liked this nugu bop

External Content youtube.com

This group got some serious vocals.

JWiiver was good, although it sounds TOO much like an NCT 127 song to me. I can literally hear Mark going "booby trap booby trap" during the chorus

Tempest has been pretty refreshing but hasn't made my playlist yet.

• Even Maniac was a little disappointing. Lots of Stray kids songs are starting to sound the same lately. A Stray kids chorus is just speaking the title of the song a bunch of times with an empty beat drop for the first part and then for the second part they add a little bit more to the motif and the instrumentals get louder and more hype. Every single comeback

who cares

• Even Maniac was a little disappointing. Lots of Stray kids songs are starting to sound the same lately. A Stray kids chorus is just speaking the title of the song a bunch of times with an empty beat drop for the first part and then for the second part they add a little bit more to the motif and the instrumentals get louder and more hype. Every single comeback

This song doesn't even have the name of the nome only in the chorus and a beat drop. It literally has a whole chorus sung by the members from the beginning of it to the end.

And you are the first person I'm seeing saying It's similar to their previous comebacks. But okay, opinions... I was just answering your question.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• This song doesn't even have the name of the nome only in the chorus and a beat drop. It literally has a whole chorus sung by the members from the beginning of it to the end.

And you are the first person I'm seeing saying It's similar to their previous comebacks. But okay, opinions... I was just answering your question.

I think the formula is similar more than anything. The repetition of the title as a motif is very Stray Kids, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm kinda getting bored by it. I didn't hate the song, but I didn't love it. It's kinda in the middle, maybe it will grow on me.

• well sf9 and ghost9 are good anyway so i was shoving them there :p

Don't Stop is actually one of my faves i like the music so yes ADD IT

NEVER DISAPPOINTED WITH UP10TION. I love Nu'est album and most of the songs on this album are faves i loved from them.

Villain was written by JinJin of Astro so naturally it's better! :P

Omega X has a unique sound but with 11 members you can't go wrong :P i would recommend listening to their entire discography

I must have missed seeing Bz-Boys but they are so sweet and now Taewoong is enlisting so i don't know what's going to happen :(

VeriVery hasn't disappointed me since starting the face series so i'm really looking forward tot his

D-Crunch i love their music but as i've said everywhere i hate their company and i'm so very bummed that they yet again lost a member right after his birthday and that the happy smiley english speaking member is on hiatus for mental health, i really wanna know what AIG is doing to them

and Ever since i listened to Highlight's comeback song Not The End and sat here for hours listening to everything from when they were beast I LOVE THEM. Their discography is amazing so I am expecting this album to be great!

it will drop at 6pm kst so we can get excited together! lol

• Hopkinz

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Yeah don't stop is upper tier for boy groups this year.

I want to like Omega X more. I like the members and their previous groups, but the songs are just kinda...I've seen it before. I think my favorite song by them is Omega X

• I think the formula is similar more than anything. The repetition of the title as a motif is very Stray Kids, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm kinda getting bored by it. I didn't hate the song, but I didn't love it. It's kinda in the middle, maybe it will grow on me.

It's curious, because I go to Reddit and the bop/flop thread here, for example, and I see people, who didn't like it too much, exactly complaining they like the formula of Thunderous and their other comebacks more and they should stick to it. And the people who is not used to their sound like it, because this song don't hit as hard as the others, how its not "noisy", how It's more "poppier".

Well, they will never be able to please everyone. It's perfectly fine.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Yeah don't stop is upper tier for boy groups this year.

I want to like Omega X more. I like the members and their previous groups, but the songs are just kinda...I've seen it before. I think my favorite song by them is Omega X

how funny my favorite song by them is Omega X too I felt it really should have been the title track it pretty much introduces them, but they chose Vamos. I like Baila Con OX and I do like Liar as well as their b-sides icetag was good to. I personally did not need to hear how they sounded soon as i found out they had Yechan, Hangyeom, Junghoon, Kevin and Hyuk i was sold lol

I also like Just B

but that wasn't this year but their b-side are Chef's Kiss

• how funny my favorite song by them is Omega X too I felt it really should have been the title track it pretty much introduces them, but they chose Vamos. I like Baila Con OX and I do like Liar as well as their b-sides icetag was good to. I personally did not need to hear how they sounded soon as i found out they had Yechan, Hangyeom, Junghoon, Kevin and Hyuk i was sold lol

I also like Just B

Baila Con OX is my second favorite song by them!!

• Baila Con OX is my second favorite song by them!!

It's really good! It's like okay I like your TT's but why the hell are your B-SIDES so much better?!!! like ugh! lol

I do enjoy their TT's though lol

• how funny my favorite song by them is Omega X too I felt it really should have been the title track it pretty much introduces them, but they chose Vamos. I like Baila Con OX and I do like Liar as well as their b-sides icetag was good to. I personally did not need to hear how they sounded soon as i found out they had Yechan, Hangyeom, Junghoon, Kevin and Hyuk i was sold lol

I also like Just B

OMG JustB just announced their comeback!

Tick Tock was my favorite underrated boy group song last year

• OMG JustB just announced their comeback!

Tick Tock was my favorite underrated boy group song last year

OH FUCK YES GIVE ME MORE JUST B!!!

I LOVEEEED TICK TOCK BUT FUCK I WANTED THEM TO PERFORM VINDICATED!!! VINDICATED IS AMAZING!

God my wallet is going to hate me

i already pre-ordered 3 copies of d-crunch, i most likely will get VeriVery's and Highlights and I for sure will get Just B's they haven't missed for me yet. GROUPS STOP COMING BACK AT THE SAME TIME MY MULTI HEART IS HURTING

and if noir comes back oh god that will be broke city lol

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!