Kevin debuted as a member of South Korean K-pop group The Boyz on December 6, 2017.
English Name: Kevin Moon
Korean Name: Moon Hyung Seo
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: February 23, 1998
Height: 176 cm
II. Random Facts
- Kevin was born in Gwangyu, South Korea, but moved to Canada when he was 4. He was raised in Vancouver, Canada. He has an older sister Stella and is now an uncle to little niece, born on the day The Boyz got music show win last year.
- His parents named him after watching Home Alone. He doesn't like being called by his Korean name. His nickname is Keb.
- Kevin was in the same elementary school as Michael Bublé and won the Michael Bublé Prize in Grade 7 (for showing talent in music). He attended Burnaby Mountain Secondary School. Kevin only went to college for four days before dropping out to join The Boyz. He was studying fine arts and psychology.
- In 2016 there was an audition for Kpop Star in Seattle, he got accepted after that he came to Korea and got eliminated in the third round of the show. He was about to go back to university, but the company (LOEN) called him to make him a kpop star.
- He says, he had no hesitation going on Kpop Star, he thought he wasn't going to make it, so he didn't have big expectations. But he was a bit more hesitant and careful going into the trainee process, because he was warned about sketchy companies. Luckily he got into the good company and group.
- His parents always supported his passion for music.
- He's very artistic and has amazing drawing skills. A lot of his ideas are used for The Boyz's stages or designs. He designed the group's logo.
- He can play piano, guitar and saxophone. Kevin did a lot of musicals in school and also had a Youtube channel.
- He's learning how to compose and write songs.
- Kevin is a huge fan of Beyonce (Bey Hive).
- Together with Jacob, he's an MC for Simply Kpop. They are very close, Jacob even said he would shave his exebrows for Kevin to meet Beyonce.
- He’s the 'living meme' you probably know from all the “funny kpop videos” compilations.
- He and Jacob speak to each other in English mostly (because it's awkward to speak in Korean to each other).
- He can also cook very well and likes to prepare his own meals.
- He says, he's the 'why guy'. He's always questioning things like: 'Why am i feeling this way', 'Why is this person like that', 'Why did things happened like that'. He tends to overthink things.
- He wants to inspire people, especially personality-wise, he wants people to know, it's ok, not to be ok.
- He says he's the most socially awkward social butterfly.
Kevin and some of his Vlive moments
Kevin covering City of Stars
Kevin's cover of 'Bury a Friend'
Kevin singing 'Almost is never enough' on Vlive - most of his Vlives consist of him singing and playing piano
Kevin and Jacob covering A LOT of songs on Vlive
Kevin and Jacob covering Lukas Graham's ''Lullaby''
Kevin and Jacob covering 'A Whole New World'
Kevin's 'Danger' FANCAM
Kevin's 'Reveal' (Catching Fire) FANCAM