Jacob debuted as a member of South Korean K-pop group The Boyz on December 6, 2017.
English Name: Jacob Bae
Korean Name: Bae Joon Young
Position: Lead Vocalist
Birthday: May 30, 1997
Height: 175 cm
II. Random Facts
- Jacob was born in Toronto, Canada and is fluent in English, it's his first language. He grew up in Toronto, he has 2 years older brother, that is currently living in L.A. and has a dog named Cobi, after Jacob (and Kobe Bryant). His mom lives in Toronto and dad lives in Korea.
- Jacob can play the guitar. He started taking guitar lessons in school, to be able to do something else than sport. He later started singing and he enjoyed it, so he took a year off after school, to maybe become a singer after he takes some vocal lessons. But before that even happened, he took the audition for LOEN Entertainment and he made it, so he went to Korea to train in July 2015.
- He didn't know anything about dance when he started training, on audition he did just: 1, 2 step and clap. When he started training it was really hard for him to learn dancing and he wanted to give up until a month (he says, he used to be like that, show interest in something, but give up quickly). But his mom said he should keep trying, even though she was never forcing him to do something he didn't want to. He listened to her and he started enjoying dance a lot. Now he's considered as a part of The Boyz dance line and one of the talented dancers. Haknyeon was his first dance teacher and everyone was very nice to him and helped him a lot. He also struggled with Korean at first.
- Because his name is Bae Jacob, his nickname is ''baecop'' (belly button).
- He's considered as an angel of a group. He's shy, polite, usually quiet and soft.
- Jacob rarely gets angry. He just keeps it all in, he rather stays quiet. But when he does gets angry, he's very scary.
- He wants to be there for those that he cares about, when they are happy or when they need someone to give them advice.
- He's pretty self-critical, and always wants to improve, find ways to get better. He's always trying to fix every situation himself and deal with it, but if someone else has some burden, he wants to be able to help them carry that burden. He's negative to himself (it's, not bad negative, but more like: he's humble and he has a bit low self confidence) and very positive to others.
- Jacob was on the basketball team for 4 years and volleyball team for 6 years in school. He's also working out a lot lately.
- He really likes cereal.
- Jacob and Kevin were chosen as hosts/MCs in the music show “Simply K-POP”. They are also known as ''Canada Bros''
- He has beautiful soft voice, amazing high notes (see: Mirotic cover)
- In the future he wants to show more of the music he writes. He released one self-composed song on SoundCloud. He also does a lot of acoustic covers with Kevin on VLive. He wants to make music that can comforts others.
Some random Jacob moments
A TO BOYZ: Jacob's cover of Bazzi - 'I.F.L.Y'
Jacob's Vlive covers
Jacob and Kevin cover of 'Lullaby' by Lukas Graham
Jacob's No Air FANCAM
Jacob's Quasi Una Fantasia FANCAM
Jacob's The Stealer FANCAM