Who is your NEXT fave?

• Have you been enjoying a new (to you) group more and more? Are you feeling yourself starting to fall for another fave? Or do you think that there will be no more faves after your current one stops promoting?

For me, I've been finding myself drawn to TO1 quite a bit. I don't know anything about them really, but I really liked most of the songs on their last two releases and enjoy their choreo and cover videos. Son of a Beast was one of my favorite comebacks last year. I remember when they were brand new (as TOO) on Road to Kingdom and thinking they were scrappy if green. I'm glad to see that they've grown a lot. If I continue to enjoy them in the future, I can really see them becoming one of my faves.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How about you?

• MissBehave It's not KPop, but JPop for me at the moment.

I recently got into NIK, BE:FIRST and INI, who are all 3 Japanese groups found trought survival shows

NIK (My fave member are Fumiya, Hinata, Ryo and Parkha)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

INI (IDK who my fave member could be, but maybe Masaya, Hiromu, Shogo, Takeru, Fengfan and/or Jin)

BE:FIRST (My most favourite member might be Manato)

I also got into a few other newer JPop-groups, but I am not stanning them I guess

VOYZ BOY (Oh jesus, 40 member)

ZIPANG OPERA

And than there is this one group, that I stan. 4 of the member were on Produce 101 Japan season 1 and 2 member were on Produce 101 X (Also the last two are ex. YG trainees and apeared on TREASURE BOX too)

BUGVEL ( I don't have a fave member yet)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Purple Kiss this year! :pepelove1:

Zombie was a great song! And their Halloween remix was amazing!

Their whole mini was full of unskippable B sides!

Dancer Dosie is mesmerizing!

Rapper Yuki dominates without a super nasal tone! (Which I mention because, for a while there, it was like kpop companies went "who is able to do the most nasal vocal tone? You get to be the rapper!")

They have really lovely voices all around, even their rappers and dancers!

They've landed on my radar hard. I'm looking forward to their next release. Hopefully it just solidifies their place.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I have been all over this year so just the last few month. My newest discoveries are NCT and Billie.

Especially with NCT I’m falling hard for WayV. I love every song from them but Horizon is literally perfection, so is Turn back time and Love talk.

:pepe-sad:

External Content open.spotify.com

External Content open.spotify.com

• Purple Kiss is actually another group that I've had my eye on. Zombie was a great track, but I've especially been loving their slow songs. Great vocals. They're up there along with P1Harmony right under TO1 as contenders for my next fave.

• I've been meaning to check out Billie. As for NCT, I seem to be perpetually just about to fall for them, but I never tip over for some reason despite being mesmerized by Doyoung's eyes in your aesthetic.

• Perfect World convinced me to start checking out Twice. Love that song. I really enjoyed Blackswan's recent comeback song too.

Wow that's cool. The groups that's are on my radar is hybe girl group, cube boy group, belift girl group, Sm New boy group, and bighit boy group. The other groups that debuted/going to debut are Kep1per, IVE, Mirae, P Nation Loud, and Billlie.

• I've been meaning to check out Billie. As for NCT, I seem to be perpetually just about to fall for them, but I never tip over for some reason despite being mesmerized by Doyoung's eyes in your aesthetic.

Sorry, Doyoung effect. Forgot to answer. Lol

Yeah. I definitely recommend checking Billlie out. Their debut album is really unusual. Not the usual sound.

For NCT originally I just wanted to pick out some song I liked because there is more to them then what I thought. So many nice song they have. But ended up adding albums after albums. Each unit seem to be different style.

:ak_nakyapprove:

• ummm there's too many that debuted this year alone,

but Luminous moved up to the top of the list real fast...

Luminous is not going anywhere...

Luminous is owned and managed by BTS Old Vocal Coach

they are SIMPLY amazing, already had a mini fan concert

you can tell they weren't faking any of the vocals

• Oop! Not me coming here to say TO1 as well. I started checking out a little bit of their discography and so far they have no bad songs!

I’ve also been watching some variety content and they all have really cute and fun personalities lmao.

And they really have the whole package IMO.

A talented dance line that choreographs their own performances:

A solid vocal line.

An amazing rap line, with 2/3 of the members self producing lots of their own songs as well as to1’s. All 3 write their own raps as well and they’re extremely underrated and unknown:

• ooh! I didn't know all this. I'll have to put these on my watch list. :)

• Yesss definitely tell me what you think and if you ever want to talk about them I’m always down since I’m still learning as well.

:froghype:

Dug this up to ask if you've seen this. I thought it was just a dance cover at first. I didn't realize they were performing the song too for a minute. I love this cover.

• Dug this up to ask if you've seen this. I thought it was just a dance cover at first. I didn't realize they were performing the song too for a minute. I love this cover.

OMG No but wtf UGHH they're so talenteddd byeeee.

:pepe-sad:

Did you ever get to watching the stuff I linked?

• Hi okeechobee! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I haven't finished the variety yet, but watched some of that plus all the songs and choreo vids. This was super helpful for me to learn more about them. I especially loved the choreo to H.E.R. and the rap line songs. Jaeyun also sounded gorgeous on Honest. They are all so talented at their young ages! And lmao at Woongi. That "grandma" was getting charmed by that baby. Btw, you say they do choreo? Was is just for the show and the extra videos or do they participate in the comeback choreos? I noticed one of the moves from the HER video made it into the Son of a Beast choreo. Makes me wonder if they did the choreo for the Someday video. Some of the moves seemed very "them". They have such a distinctive style for such a young group.

• Hi okeechobee! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I haven't finished the variety yet, but watched some of that plus all the songs and choreo vids. This was super helpful for me to learn more about them. I especially loved the choreo to H.E.R. and the rap line songs. Jaeyun also sounded gorgeous on Honest. They are all so talented at their young ages! And lmao at Woongi. That "grandma" was getting charmed by that baby. Btw, you say they do choreo? Was is just for the show and the extra videos or do they participate in the comeback choreos? I noticed one of the moves from the HER video made it into the Son of a Beast choreo. Makes me wonder if they did the choreo for the Someday video. Some of the moves seemed very "them". They have such a distinctive style for such a young group.

Heyyyy, no worries I’m glad you got around to watching and we’re able to enjoy!!

Great question about choreo, I’m not actually sure how involved they are in the comebacks but I remember reading somewhere that their main dancers (Kyungho and Chan who were in both the dance cover videos) take a part in direction. Which reminds me, Chan was actually an SM trainee for many years so they lost big time whenever he left lmao. He’s an insanely talented dancer, rapper, and producer, not to mention his visuals. It just goes to show that SM always produces insane talent and all rounders.

• Heyyyy, no worries I’m glad you got around to watching and we’re able to enjoy!!

Great question about choreo, I’m not actually sure how involved they are in the comebacks but I remember reading somewhere that their main dancers (Kyungho and Chan who were in both the dance cover videos) take a part in direction. Which reminds me, Chan was actually an SM trainee for many years so they lost big time whenever he left lmao. He’s an insanely talented dancer, rapper, and producer, not to mention his visuals. It just goes to show that SM always produces insane talent and all rounders.

oh wow, I wonder what happened. Maybe he just wasn't a right fit or wasn't ready there. Like Shownu was in jyp originally and I guess he could have been in Got7 had things ended up differently, but I can't imagine him being in anything but Monsta X now and Got7 ended up with the right members too.

But yeah, I am totally gravitating towards Chan. I really like his rapping and dancing. If he's producing some of their songs, he's doing a great job! I love most of the songs on their albums.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!