Do you have a problem stanning lesser popular groups?

• Yes and no? I don't have a problem with the group being unsuccessful but the consequences of that are hard. Never knowing if they'll disband/lose a member/add a member, lack of music, lack of content, hard to know whats going on news-wise, hard to meet/talk with other fans, watching them struggle, lack of funds = inconsistent music quality, etc.

I've stanned and been a casual fan of nugu groups in the past and they've all disbanded :pepe-sad:

• I would say OMG and Gfriend count as super popular, especially in Korea. Maybe Gfriend not so much now (decline in popularity and disbanded) but during their peak, they were competition with Twice/Red Velvet/other big ggs and easily top 3 of 3rd gen ggs. OMG right now is really popular in Korea and also does well internationally, they've also had a long lasting career (uncommon for most ggs) even if they've only had a sudden jump recently

We just have our expectations skewed because of the insane success of some groups but both Gfriend and OMG have been highly successful and basically anyone who knows kpop knows their names

• If my faves were smaller it wouldn't bother me too much but getting into nugu-ier groups is hard since lack of subs, content aimed at international fans, lack of concerts and tours, etc.

It's also more stressful as small groups who don't generate much profit are at a higher risk of gettig fewer releases and ultimately being shelved or even disbanded.

• I'm just here to promote GWSN for anyone who has the heart to stan lesser popular groups. PLS SUPPORT

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ƈԋαɳɱιɳα ƚ-αɾα ƚɯιƈҽ ιƚȥ ʂɳʂԃ ʅαƈƙριɳƙ αҽʂρα ɠɯʂɳ ɾҽԃʋҽʅʋҽƚ

• If we’re speaking about fandoms, it might even be easier. There’s less pressure to stan a certain way or to be a “real stan.”

With that said, there are challenges, as less-known groups tend to struggle with releasing new content or just surviving the industry. They might not even have enough performances on music shows, for instance.

• I would say OMG and Gfriend count as super popular, especially in Korea. Maybe Gfriend not so much now (decline in popularity and disbanded) but during their peak, they were competition with Twice/Red Velvet/other big ggs and easily top 3 of 3rd gen ggs. OMG right now is really popular in Korea and also does well internationally, they've also had a long lasting career (uncommon for most ggs) even if they've only had a sudden jump recently

We just have our expectations skewed because of the insane success of some groups but both Gfriend and OMG have been highly successful and basically anyone who knows kpop knows their names

ah, i think it was more that i stanned gfriend post their korea peak, and omg way before their peak. neither of them feel big to me but that could just be blackpink fucking with me like you said lol

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• For me it's actually the opposite. I start to dislike hype (not the group themselves ofc) and begin to listen to other groups and music more, which I think are good but deserve more too...

It's the same with trends or fashion - I don't wanna wear something which others are doing. If I see someone on the street wearing the same as me, I cringe... And I loved it when I started listening to Kpop in 2009/10 and no one around me knew the songs and music (now it's a different story lol).

• i don't have problem stanning less popular groups but it can get kinda sad sometimes seeing nugu groups with not many fans to cheer on them on music shows and it's also hard to find their gifs or such :cryc:

SɳʂԃBιɠαɳɠExσTɯιƈҽRҽԃ VҽʅʋҽƚAҽʂρα

Nɱιxx Lҽʂʂҽɾαϝιɱ Eɳԋρҽn ɳct αƚҽҽȥ ʂϝ9 ɠ-ιԃʅҽ ɾσƈƙҽƚ ρυɳƈԋ

#tomorrow x together from blue hour#tomorrow x together from blue hour#tomorrow x together from blue hour

#txt from young luv#txtnetwork from I like being bad ✘

#sono bisque doll wa koi wo suru from kagihira brainrotef3ba7d18098df725f3625dd607b80c0289c2308.gifvTumblr media

[center]#dahyun from femaleidol#twice from elysian40yp3ju.gif#dahyun from touchdown!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!