Posts by Escapethemaze

This is on repeat and is better than Eclipse for me.

It is bringing back memories of Symphonic Metal in the early 2000's. I used to love Nightwish, Within Temptation and all of those female led groups so this is just a pure gem. Also the intro sounds like the Halloween movie theme tune which just makes it even more epic.

Dami singing so low like that is really something also.

Seen so many people saying this is their favourite Japanese release and even a lot of people saying it is one of their favourite songs of all from them. Quite unexpected for a little Japanese b-side. 🔥🔥

Dreamcatcher have majority female fans. Jiu herself said that they are "blessed with girls" and yes a lot are lgbt.

They are one of the most up supportive groups, they don't skirt around their support like most. They outright say it. For example Yoohyeon here:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and the numerous things on this thread:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In fact many fans say that Yoohyeon came out as bi/pan because during an interview she was asked her ideal type and she was saying the word "people" when describing, the interviewer tried to have her confirm she was talking specifically about men, but her reply was "I said people, all kinds of people"

I mean just look at their latest self made music video for Poison Love, where the concept is that they are all in love with Handong. They sure know about their lgbt fanbase and cater to it VERY often. Lol.

External Content www.youtube.com

The haunting rising synths. The bad ass riff makes you feel like you are in a movie killing everything in your way to survive.

^ Just epic.

Also DC album intros are actually worth listening to where they are so good. I have an entire playlist of them.

This had me in shock when I first heard:

I feel like groups of multiple people attract stans way more than regular singers, which leads to more people getting personally attached and spending money to support. The you have the competition aspect where you want YOUR group to do better than every other group, meaning people who maybe usually wouldn't purchase albums end up doing so because they get swept up in wanting to help the group reach goals and break records.

The issue is that there are no pop groups in the west anymore, certainly not enough to create huge fandoms and competition. The west imho thinks it's too cool to have girl and boy bands these days. It's dead.

Also Kpop specifically fosters the connection between artists and fans wanting you to get personally attached... all of the variety shows, fansigns, vlives, the fact that artists aren't allowed to date so people who crush on them can imagine they have a chance which helps keep some stans stay engaged for longer and spend more money.

Photocards I think are a really big factor too, even I have been tempted to buy multiple albums for collection purposes. Not to mention the huge photobooks, they feel worth the money unlike the whole load of nothing western albums contain.

Lastly we have the chances at fansigns or video calls with album purchases making buying them even more attractive.

Icon for Hire. Really underrated female fronted band. Some of their old lyrics have helped me through some tough times as they are often about mental health struggles.

LIVE BAND!! A taster of what is to come in their online concert.

This seems very live, as in no background vocals at all to me. Or if they are there, it is extremely muted. I constantly get amazed how stable these girls are, all of them can sound like the cd even when dancing around which is a feat that not many entire groups can brag about.

Jiu sounds heavenly here. Siyeon and Yoo are always flawless as expected but Jiu really stood out for me! Also Handong sounds wonderful.

Now to have "jigeum yeogin Panic in the city" stuck in my head all day yet again ^^

There have been studies on the brain showing that the brain of trans person is indeed different to that of a cis one and aligns more with the sex they feel they are. So for anyone saying they "wake up and choose" to be the opposite gender like on those comments under the article, is uneducated and ignorant.

Nothing anyone ever does or says will take away from the fact they are real women and men, just unfortunately cursed to be born with a body that doesn't match their mind.

If someone wants to transition to alleviate their uncomfortableness and dysphoria then that is entirely up to them. I don't get the obsession with people poking their noses into how other people live their lives. Same with people who have dissenting opinions on same sex relationships. It's no one's business if anyone wants to change their body or love someone of the same gender. Like, get a life and worry about your own stuff.

ITT: people trying to justify why it should be ok to say the N word.

Stop it. You are not black and you will never understand how black people feel about that word. Other races shouldn't use that word period.

It's totally understandable that black people would feel upset at the word no matter what context, but you can't tell me that intentions are the same from someone that knows what it means vs a foreigner that doesn't. Pointing out that it doesn't come from a place of malice when non-english speaking Koreans that don't know what it means read it off a lyric sheet is just facts.

People should be educated when it becomes clear that they have no idea and given the chance to issue an apology for their wrongdoing and never make the same mistake again. No one on this earth can expect people to just automatically know or research about something they don't know exists in the first place as they aren't even from a country that deals with those issues.

I mean, considering black people say it themselves and it is all over in songs, a non-english person would NEVER guess that it has such a vile and disgusting meaning and only one race is allowed to say it. It isn't presented as a bad word in songs and is even used in a friendly context, so no one is going to know. This is just fact.

The solution is to educate all trainees on international issues like this considering how global kpop is now.

I am a straight female actually. I’m not saying that a gay person has to be attracted to someone with a different gender and I’m certainly not homophobic not with having a gay daughter. I’m only going off her experiences, I haven’t had any personal experiences with it myself. If I were gay, then I would perhaps only want to date someone of the same gender but I wouldn’t discriminate having a trans person as a friend. I’m quite open minded about these things but not being gay myself it’s hard to fully understand it. I’m trying to.

It's complicated because everyone is different when it comes to attraction, some people are more flexible than others but it is never a choice.

I would never reject friendship either, with anyone, as long as they are a good person.

I just implore people to think of something they aren't attracted to and imagine a movement dedicated to saying you're a bad person/wrong/something-phobic for this non attraction. It feels bad because it can't be helped. I've had enough of people (homophobes in my life) having an opinion on who I personally spend my life with or sleep with, now it comes from part of the community itself, it is never ending.

I will never identify myself as "supergay" or whatever that is. Just unnecessary and seems highly combative.

I watched that already and I like it

What a way to represent and appreciate DC

They are so talented and seem like quite big DC fans, Jayoung has done a Boca vocal cover before and Yongeun has done drum covers on her youtube in the past too.

Dreamcatcher recently sent them a signed CD to wish them luck with Debut, I can't wait for more interactions between them as the fandoms seem to be overlapping somewhat. ^^

No I don’t think so. My daughter is gay and she had a trans partner who still had male parts and they were together nearly 12 months. She met her online and knew she was trans before they met. She didn’t care that she wasn’t born female. I don’t think it matters to LGBT people. As a parent of a gay teen, I don’t have an issue with trans people either. In fact, she also has a friend who’s trans and she’s really nice. People need to stop being ignorant when it comes to these people as self harm/suicide is higher with this group.

"No I don’t think so"?

Can you hear what you're saying though? That some people don't have the right to reject sexual partners based on attraction. That is so wrong and dangerous on so many levels that it blows my mind.

Your daughter is one of the lucky people that can feel attracted beyond the external body parts and that is truly great and there are lots of people like her, but not everyone can. I am guessing you may be straight, what if there was a campaign by lesbians/gays saying you have to sleep with them or you're homophobic? (I don't know what you identify yourself as, but you get what I am saying)

I am a lesbian myself and no I don't want sexual relations with anyone with a penis or that retains characteristics of the male sex, if I could help that I would. If someone pressured or forced me that that would be non consensual and rape.

What people actually don't have the right to do is decide who others sleep with.