Court sentences After School's Lizzy to a year in prison for her DUI charges

• She's an Orange Caramel and After School

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Im not one to defend anyone who drinks and drive but seems pretty harsh for a first time offender. I mean did that Super Junior guy get any prison sentence after multiple DUIs?

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• Wow. An actual jail sentence? Was her DUI that dangerous or is there something else.

Kang in from Suju did DUI and crashed into another car displaying he was out of control and threat to human life AND he did a runner. He only got fined. His second DUI he crashed into a lamp post. He got a smaller fine the second time round. she would have to something more extreme to get a harsher sentence

• There are several male idols that had dui charges before, ex Super Junior member Kangin, Nichkhun and Jun.k from 2PM, The wife beater from SS501, just off the top of my head. So I'm wondering if her case had other unique details that made the punishment more severe or if they changed the law or what exactly

• wait was he guilty I have zero clue about the case but didn't he win the court?

It doesn't make him innocent, it just makes the SK court system flawed. There was a lot of evidence of his guilt but justice is not always just.

I hope this is the point for her where she decides to change her life and change herself and I wish fair punishments to other people who drove under the influence as well.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Can't read the article. Does it mean prison time or only on probation?

Prison. The sentence is not suspended.

This is the first trial though and she is likely to appeal, just like everyone else did.

External Content twitter.com

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• wow weird

from all the idols who got charged for DUI she's the first one who's going to jail

is it because she's a girl and we all know how koreans are sexist ?

because 2PM, Suju etc... only got probation after their dui scandal or were fined

I think it is too cynical to say she is only getting jail time because she is a girl (at least i hope so)

that's why i was wondering if her case was more severe somehow and we aren't getting the full picture/details. I looked more into details and

for starters, her alcohol level was so much higher than that of Kangin's and Jun.K's (Kangin: 0.05, Jun.k: 0

.07, Lizzy:0.197%)

second, accroding to the allkpop article, aside from the drunk driving she was also charged for dangerous driving and violating the road traffic act. so maybe her sentence was the accumulation of everything together and not just the drunk driving.

finally, according to this article http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200920000168 there have been a crackdown on drunk driving in Koread starting last year with both politicians and the public pushing for more severe punishement

look at this paragraph for instance

In Korea, a drunken driving accident that results in death is punishable by at least three years in jail to a life sentence. A driver‘s license is suspended when blood alcohol concentration is 0.03 percent or higher, and the license is revoked when the level is 0.08 percent or higher.

Lizzy, Kangin and Jun.k don't belong to the same "group". Lizzy's alcohol level was more than double the bench mark of license revoking.

• they should've take her driving license and give her 3-4 year long probation

External Content www.youtube.com

• Thats really really high

At that point she probably wasnt walking properly

I reckon she has an alcoholism problem, she has caused public scene due to intoxication before but first time it being illegal

She needs to seek help for her alcohol problems

External Content www.youtube.com

• at first i thought her sentence was harsh but 0.197 is really, really high, no wonder she got a year in prison. South koreans should be grateful blood alcohol limit there is high, lots of counties has zero tolerance.

• For everyone clamoring for her to get jail time: it's not great for society to default to throwing people in jail. It shifts resources from health and recovery systems to punishment. It increases infections and viral loads. Inmates are at a higher risk of assault, sexual assault, and rape, which has long-term lasting impacts. etc. etc.

You can think "someone who drove recklessly should be punished" and there are ways to do that that don't needlessly put people in prison for a year. I don't know the specifics of her case, so if she killed someone or something then that changes thing, but just driving drunk, this seems really harsh. It would be better for her (and by extension, society) if she was fined, sentenced to probation, and required to attend an alcohol recovery program.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I can understand when someone got seriously injured…. But a year in prison for a first offense is way to harsh…

The Korean Justice system punishes severe crimes to light and less severe ones to harsh way to often…

Unless I’m missing more details.

• Im not one to defend anyone who drinks and drive but seems pretty harsh for a first time offender. I mean did that Super Junior guy get any prison sentence after multiple DUIs?

I was just about to comment about this.... Daesung from Bigbang and Multiple Members of SUJU have had reckless driving and DUI charges, (one even involuntary vehicular manslaughter) but she is the one who got prison time.... when she did not even hit anyone or worse accidentally kill anyone...

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I was just about to comment about this.... Daesung from Bigbang

Daesung wasn’t drunk, the person who died was a motorcyclist who already had a traffic accident due to his dui. The men was lying on the floor on a dark road. Daesung didn’t saw him (cause the person was completely dressed in black) and run over him. It’s not clear if the person was already dead (before Daesungs arrival) or if he died after Daesung run over him. So he was acquitted from all charges…. Completely different situation.

• Daesung wasn’t drunk, the person who died was a motorcyclist who already had a traffic accident due to his dui. The men was lying on the floor on a dark road. Daesung didn’t saw him (cause the person was completely dressed in black) and run over him. It’s not clear if the person was already dead (before Daesungs arrival) or if he died after Daesung run over him. So he was found not guilty…. Completely different situation.

Oppps, I knew someone was drunk in that situation, for some reason I thought it was Dae. My bad. ;( I just spent forever thinking my Bias killed someone by accident while being intoxicated =O

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• Oppps, I knew someone was drunk in that situation, for some reason I thought it was Dae. My bad. ;( I just spent forever thinking my Bias killed someone by accident while being intoxicated =O

No worries, you ain’t the only one. There is a lot of misinformation spread about this case by many people.

If you wanna know what really happened here… it was a very unfortunate situation.

• No worries, you ain’t the only one. There is a lot of misinformation spread about this case by many people.

If you wanna know what really happened here… it was a very unfortunate situation.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/ch…-sung-car-accident/%3Famp

I cannot imagine he lives easily either way, knowing he accidentally killed someone ;( That is some rough trauma to try to process

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• For everyone clamoring for her to get jail time: it's not great for society to default to throwing people in jail. It shifts resources from health and recovery systems to punishment. It increases infections and viral loads. Inmates are at a higher risk of assault, sexual assault, and rape, which has long-term lasting impacts. etc. etc.

You can think "someone who drove recklessly should be punished" and there are ways to do that that don't needlessly put people in prison for a year. I don't know the specifics of her case, so if she killed someone or something then that changes thing, but just driving drunk, this seems really harsh. It would be better for her (and by extension, society) if she was fined, sentenced to probation, and required to attend an alcohol recovery program.

drunk driving is attempted murder imo. i think its naïve af to say this is "needlessly" throwing someone in jail. people who are a danger to society should be off the streets. i agree that the prison system in many countries is fcked up and needs reform, but that doesnt change the fact that some people DO deserve jail time. your own moral judgement doesnt change that.

who's your favorite artist?

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!