Did You Dislike Rap Before Getting Into Kpop?

• If you're talking about real rap circa 1985, then yes i loved rap.

If you're talking about the autotuned mess that's masquerading as rap right now, hell's no.

Kpop rap is so far superior to anything not named Nicki, Cardi, or Doja, it's not even funny.

Here is Snoop's legendary take on the sad state of local rap. :smirks2:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I never liked mainstream rap with the exception of few artists. There was a period where I was really into the underground rappers.

I'm not a huge fan of rap in kpop but in short burst its ok.

- Dream.catcher | Black.pink | Twi.ce | It.zy | Ever.glow | C.LC | Bol.4 | I..O.I | Oh.My.Girl | Aes.pa | Woo!Ah! -

ConcernedLimitedFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif   FabulousUnlawfulIberianchiffchaff-size_restricted.gif  ConsiderateFlawedLeveret-size_restricted.gif

• It was what I mostly listened to before K-pop. It actually helped me get into K-pop. Without it, I wouldn't have gotten into K-pop until much later.

Ever since I realized how good at Big Bang was with incorporating it into their music, I got hooked to K-pop, discovering other groups and artists.

I don't really like western rap as much as I used to anymore, but I love listening to it for workouts and for getting myself hyped. When I want to just chill, I listen to K-pop.

• I only disliked English Gangster rap after people in middle school started blasting that after school, it just had way too many strong swear words :yesr: ofc Middle School was when I got into K-pop :lover1:

but.... I like K-rap, couple months ago I really started to like Bobby's U MAD and my BTS Bias is in the Rap-line :dancer:

❦可愛いバレリーナの𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓪❦

❦𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓮 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓪❦

• Nope. I used to only listen to whatever were the biggest hits on Top 40 of Pop and R'N'B radio which included "crossover" songs from other genres.

how could you dislike

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

is my question

The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Life After Death" albums are classic.

For the anyone who thinks K-id0l rappers are more skilled and poetic than American rappers like Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Walé, and Logic, you're ill-informed by most of the crap pushed out in the mainstream and deluding yourself.

Most K-id0l rappers still haven't gotten real respect from K-Hip-Hoppers because they aren't even rapping on on par with them in South Korea. Most K-id0l rappers don't even have a mini album worth of locally dope tracks either, let alone a full-length album. Many K-id0ls rappers are still struggling when it comes to having consistently strong beats too.

• No, I grew up on rap and hip hop and had an uncle who introduced me to all the classics, as well as showing me a wide range of styles and genres within it. In a world with Rakim and Ghostface Killah and Mos Def and BDP (just to name a few), I don’t understand folks that don’t think rap is both a skill and an art form.

Today it is so much easier to find awesome artists - from SoundCloud to TikTok, there are so many great rhymes that are happening if you just get off of top 40 radio. Hell, you don’t even to dig that far - you can find a great rapper like Rapsody on Spotify.

• Yes there is some real garbage in Western Rap to wade through. Foul language, glorifying criminality, over sexed and just plain nastiness. Not all of it, but most the Rap hoisted on yeah by the entertainment industry.

Kpop hasn't change my take on Rap. Can appreciate Kpop Rap has a higher moral standard.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!