Will TWICE, BLACKPINK and Red Velvet disband when their contracts are over?

• Following the recent news of GFRIEND's upcoming disbandment one could only wonder about the fate of the remaining top 3rd gen groups (sans Mamamoo because of their contract extension).

The contracts of these three groups are almost up which is quite concerning. TWICE and BLACKPINK together are arguably the biggest k-pop acts after BTS and it would certainly feel strange if any members were to leave or if the groups were to disband entirely after literally pioneering the industry into worldwide stardom.

We can't tell what the members think but we can ponder and speculate. What do you think will happen to k-pop's top 3 girl groups once their contracts expire?

the resident tzubin shipper

• Official Post

I think Red Velvet will. Even if they go on indefinite hiatus, I think still being backed by SM could be more beneficial from them unless they get a really great offer or they want to pivot more to just acting.

Twice... I think someone will leave. I don't know who, but I feel like the odds of all 9 of them resigning is low. JYP has definitely hampered their ability to showcase their solo abilities, but I still think some of them will get some great offers.

Blackpink.. it can honestly go either way. We don't know if they're satisfied with the level of promotions they get or if they want something more. I also think it depends on how much money YG is willing to give them because I feel like they could probably get some pretty generous revenue sharing offers just based on their celebrity status.

• I believe Twice will continue (Twice is still the biggest act in JYP), but perhaps with not all the members. With BP, i hope they go and make their own company and continue like that, they are big enough to do it and in this point they dont need YG for sure.
    I dont know how is the situation right now with RV, but i hope they renewed their contract.

• Blackpink: They still can reach new peaks in the career, they're just barely new. I guess longevity... Blackpink at their debut times was too succesful to already be able to safely dump 2ne1 but currently YG lacks such powerhouse, I doubt if they currently have trainees going through systematic training.

Twice: Not all members will renew and after that probably disband. Tzuyu and Mina won't obviously renew. Members that has no specialty but gets somewhat promotion like Dahyun renew.

• Twice will have 2-4 members leave probably, so idk if JYP will want to continue with them or not. I'd put it at 50 percent chance they fully disband. 100 percent chance that they won't have all 9 renew.

BP is a mystery to me. Some days I think they will definitely renew and others I think they definitely won't. Will probably depend on YG's offer.

I think Red Velvet will be like an SNSD or F(x) situation in that they never truly disband but it certainly feels like it.

• Honestly none will disband inmediately, maybe around 2nd round of contracts expiration, but not in the 1st, they will though be in big hiatus.

BP nope, the girls will likely renew with another contract that allows them to have more creative freedom and more control of release, meaning they would be able to have a word when they're gonna release music and do a comeback, this will mean though only 1 ot4 comeback a year, with a possible small tour, cause I see Chaennie wanting to be focus on their own music and projects, Jisoo will be keep booking kdramas while Lisa will may take a break to spend some time in Thailand, then taking focus on her music career, but I see her and Rosé or Jennie doing a sub unit. If any member doesn't renew, will likely still be part of BP, just under another agency though, but YG won't disband them.

Twice, likely 1 to 3 members, probably Mina, Jeongyeon or Chaeyoung will not renew due health issues exclusively, doubt one of them wants to left the group for a solo career, jyp fucked up their peak time for a solo career, but I do see some members going into acting specially Dahyun, Tzuyu and Nayeon, and likely a sub unit with the members that choose to renew, maybee another sub unit of Sana and Momo letting them promote in jpn, and some solos osts of Nayeon and Jihyo. If jyp wants though, likely a digital single of either Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana.

RV won't disband but will be put into an hiatus, do not see the members not renewing, even with Irene hiatus due her scandal, being in SM rn is helpful for their solo careers, the group will start to have a comeback once in a year or every 18 months, not this year though, they will have a comeback around July/August and then likely Seulgi will make a solo debut, Joy and Yeri will be into acting and Wendy a possible comeback, Irene will still in hiatus but next year, will be sent into acting again, likely a drama or another movie.

• Twice will have 2-4 members leave probably, so idk if JYP will want to continue with them or not. I'd put it at 50 percent chance they fully disband. 100 percent chance that they won't have all 9 renew.

BP is a mystery to me. Some days I think they will definitely renew and others I think they definitely won't. Will probably depend on YG's offer.

I think Red Velvet will be like an SNSD situation or F(x) in that they never truly disband but it certainly feels like it.

RV will be in indefinite hiatus like SNSD.

I think Twice will lose Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Someone else mentioned Tzuyu and Mina but i actually think they might stay, both look as happy and relaxed as ever these days. I think Twice will become a legacy group like MMM where they comeback only once per year while members that want to will do solo activities.

For BP, i think Jennie transitions away from idol life and i dont know if BP would work as a 3 member group (personally i'd still stan them though). I think Rose will focus on her solo career, Jisoo on acting, and Lisa on a solo career as well.

• RV will be in indefinite hiatus like SNSD.

I think Twice will lose Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Someone else mentioned Tzuyu and Mina but i actually think they might stay, both look as happy and relaxed as ever these days. I think Twice will become a legacy group like MMM where they comeback only once per year while members that want to will do solo activities.

For BP, i think Jennie transitions away from idol life and i dont know if BP would work as a 3 member group (personally i'd still stan them though). I think Rose will focus on her solo career, Jisoo on acting, and Lisa on a solo career as well.

Blasphemy

I now see why they call u twice house lol

• RV will be in indefinite hiatus like SNSD.

despite the mismanagement in terms of the lack of comebacks, I think the girls are pretty comfortable in YGE. They aren't the typical idols anyway . They aren't really overworked and they seem to have more freedom than most idols, so why would they leave? I don't think jennie has shown signs of wanting to transition away from idol life.

• Honestly none will disband inmediately, maybe around 2nd round of contracts expiration, but not in the 1st, they will though be in big hiatus.

BP nope, the girls will likely renew with another contract that allows them to have more creative freedom and more control of release, meaning they would be able to have a word when they're gonna release music and do a comeback, this will mean though only 1 ot4 comeback a year, with a possible small tour, cause I see Chaennie wanting to be focus on their own music and projects, Jisoo will be keep booking kdramas while Lisa will may take a break to spend some time in Thailand, then taking focus on her music career, but I see her and Rosé or Jennie doing a sub unit. If any member doesn't renew, will likely still be part of BP, just under another agency though, but YG won't disband them.

Twice, likely 1 to 3 members, probably Mina, Jeongyeon or Chaeyoung will not renew due health issues exclusively, doubt one of them wants to left the group for a solo career, jyp fucked up their peak time for a solo career, but I do see some members going into acting specially Dahyun, Tzuyu and Nayeon, and likely a sub unit with the members that choose to renew, maybee another sub unit of Sana and Momo letting them promote in jpn, and some solos osts of Nayeon and Jihyo. If jyp wants though, likely a digital single of either Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana.

RV won't disband but will be put into an hiatus, do not see the members not renewing, even with Irene hiatus due her scandal, being in SM rn is helpful for their solo careers, the group will start to have a comeback once in a year or every 18 months, not this year though, they will have a comeback around July/August and then likely Seulgi will make a solo debut, Joy and Yeri will be into acting and Wendy a possible comeback, Irene will still in hiatus but next year, will be sent into acting again, likely a drama or another movie.

Tzuyu will definitely not renew. I'm pretty sure all money making members like Tzuyu, Sana, Momo etc won't renew. Only members like Dahyun etc will renew because she is useless out of her group and her selling point is the persona she created under Twice

• Using the past to make predictions.

RV will stay. They may just focus on individual activity for the unforeseeable future. SM just don't formally disband even if in practice it's basically disbanded. I think this is the safest bet judging from everyone's opinion.

I really don't want Twice to disband or even lose a member, but JYP has a horrible track record. I just don't wanna think about it. In my fan fic world, I just want them create their own company and stick together. However, I don't wanna face reality in this case. I can only hope Twice can be the exception to the JYP rule.

YG doesn't have a proper track record for GG to make a judgement. BP seems to not have reached their peak. If they were stable or declining, sure I could see some leaving, but that's not the case. If YG management has enough brain cells, they will extend their contract no matter the price.

• Tzuyu will definitely not renew. I'm pretty sure all money making members like Tzuyu, Sana, Momo etc won't renew. Only members like Dahyun etc will renew because she is useless out of her group and her selling point is the persona she created under Twice

Nah, Tzuyu, Momo and Sana will renew only because even with them having a huge fanbase alone behinds them, they are gonna be way too past their peak as an idol to start doing correctly solo promotions, plus Momo and Tuzyu seems pretty shy when it comes to vocals and personality respectively, so they going for a solo music career seems way too weird, Sana is not leaving jyp, something about her screams she is gonna stay. Mina, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung though do scream leaving, due the overworking and health issues

• I don't see BP leaving, there's no reason to leave but of course that's my opinion, anything can happen.

About Red Velvet I'm not sure, but SM groups usually stick together for a longer time but it depends if SM has any plan to give the group a cb, they may leave or at least some members if they don't see any future in staying with the group.

For Twice, I think most are in tune that some members will leave for sure, so yeah, let's see who'll choose to stay and who'll leave

• Tzuyu will definitely not renew. I'm pretty sure all money making members like Tzuyu, Sana, Momo etc won't renew. Only members like Dahyun etc will renew because she is useless out of her group and her selling point is the persona she created under Twice

Half of the group is useless outside of Twice, and those are the ones I believe are most likely to stay as well.

• Blackpink: They still can reach new peaks in the career, they're just barely new. I guess longevity... Blackpink at their debut times was too succesful to already be able to safely dump 2ne1 but currently YG lacks such powerhouse, I doubt if they currently have trainees going through systematic training.

New YG NGG is debuting 2nd 2021

• I’m thinking Twice will all renew for a few more years and then they will be like SNSD where some members stay with JYP, others leave.

I think all RV members are gonna renew for a few more years as well. SM can usually do a decent job at finding their idols jobs whether it’s hosting, acting, modeling, CFs, etc.

As for BP, I really don’t know. I do personally believe the girls are close and care about the group dearly. But I feel that all 4 are all individually too successful to stay at YG. Rose will continue a singing career and YG doesn’t put out enough music for her to stay relevant. I feel like Lisa will probably go back to Thailand and be a successful celebrity their. Jisoo will join an acting company, and I actually don’t know what Jennie wants to do she could probably have a successful singing career if she wants as well. She has the talent, fans and public behind her.

• I can’t speak on the other two since I don’t stan them, but I think none of Twice will renew their contracts.

JYP has made three errors with Twice: they haven’t invested into any sort of future with them, they’ve made Twice the most overworked group since 2016 and they’ve refused to delve deep into solo promotions even though the members have expressed interest in them.

But I hope everyone will stop assuming things about Mina’s anxiety because the last time it affected her schedule was in 2019. Please don’t assume things about her mental health.

TWICE

30glhdbncad91.gif

• I can see TWICE and BLACKPINK disbanding, TWICE has no individual promos and they need those to keep active after the group stops promoting, BLACKPINK has almost no songs so its a given. For RED VELVET I'm not sure, they got individual promos and enough cb.

• Red Velvet is quite simple answer, they are doing fine under SM so I don't see them leaving this support system plus SM doesn't disband their groups.

BP are very much good as well with what YG gives them, so they will stay. The other thing is are they fully satisfied or not with current status of minimal music and a lot of cfs and modeling, but they have now power to negotiate so I think if smth will change after contract renewal then they weren't satisfied if it stays the way it stays then they're totally ok. Anyways I definitely think they'll stay under YG regardless, it's a good company for them.

The only questionable group here is Twice. I honestly don't have any idea what's coming for them. I think group is too big so possibility of every member being on the same plate about continuing as a group or as idol is kinda low, plus it's hard to tell if everyone is satisfied about given/not-given solo opportunities so maybe not everyone will renew.

• I think BP will renew, hopefully with a contract that allows them to release music and do stuffs on their own accord more often.

For Twice, I don't know because there's a lot going on behind the scenes. If one member leaves I can't see them renewing as OT8, unless the member just changed company and is still part of the group. But a lot of posts here looks really curious to me ? Some have me like, why make predictions on a group you barely know ? Especially the predictions about money chasing. One, Twice are already loaded, although they don't show off much you can tell with some stuffs they have. Second they might not make as much on their own, losing the Twice brand etc. I think the best move would be to stay in Twice (doesn't mean sticking under JYPE) while having contracts that allow them to try out the solo career first, and see how it goes.

• I am pretty sure some will not renew their contract. Whether that will result into a disbandment I don't think so. But yeah I do believe one or two members from each group will not renew. So cherish every moment instead of spending time to fight about useless things

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!