Will TWICE, BLACKPINK and Red Velvet disband when their contracts are over?

• Following the recent news of GFRIEND's upcoming disbandment one could only wonder about the fate of the remaining top 3rd gen groups (sans Mamamoo because of their contract extension).

The contracts of these three groups are almost up which is quite concerning. TWICE and BLACKPINK together are arguably the biggest k-pop acts after BTS and it would certainly feel strange if any members were to leave or if the groups were to disband entirely after literally pioneering the industry into worldwide stardom.

We can't tell what the members think but we can ponder and speculate. What do you think will happen to k-pop's top 3 girl groups once their contracts expire?

the resident tzubin shipper

• Don't care for the other two but I feel TWICE will stick around longer than most think and pull a Apink

Pray GIFs | Tenor

• I think Red Velvet will. Even if they go on indefinite hiatus, I think still being backed by SM could be more beneficial from them unless they get a really great offer or they want to pivot more to just acting.

Twice... I think someone will leave. I don't know who, but I feel like the odds of all 9 of them resigning is low. JYP has definitely hampered their ability to showcase their solo abilities, but I still think some of them will get some great offers.

Blackpink.. it can honestly go either way. We don't know if they're satisfied with the level of promotions they get or if they want something more. I also think it depends on how much money YG is willing to give them because I feel like they could probably get some pretty generous revenue sharing offers just based on their celebrity status.

• I believe Twice will continue (Twice is still the biggest act in JYP), but perhaps with not all the members. With BP, i hope they go and make their own company and continue like that, they are big enough to do it and in this point they dont need YG for sure.
    I dont know how is the situation right now with RV, but i hope they renewed their contract.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Blackpink: They still can reach new peaks in the career, they're just barely new. I guess longevity... Blackpink at their debut times was too succesful to already be able to safely dump 2ne1 but currently YG lacks such powerhouse, I doubt if they currently have trainees going through systematic training.

Twice: Not all members will renew and after that probably disband. Tzuyu and Mina won't obviously renew. Members that has no specialty but gets somewhat promotion like Dahyun renew.

• Twice will have 2-4 members leave probably, so idk if JYP will want to continue with them or not. I'd put it at 50 percent chance they fully disband. 100 percent chance that they won't have all 9 renew.

BP is a mystery to me. Some days I think they will definitely renew and others I think they definitely won't. Will probably depend on YG's offer.

I think Red Velvet will be like an SNSD or F(x) situation in that they never truly disband but it certainly feels like it.

• Honestly none will disband inmediately, maybe around 2nd round of contracts expiration, but not in the 1st, they will though be in big hiatus.

BP nope, the girls will likely renew with another contract that allows them to have more creative freedom and more control of release, meaning they would be able to have a word when they're gonna release music and do a comeback, this will mean though only 1 ot4 comeback a year, with a possible small tour, cause I see Chaennie wanting to be focus on their own music and projects, Jisoo will be keep booking kdramas while Lisa will may take a break to spend some time in Thailand, then taking focus on her music career, but I see her and Rosé or Jennie doing a sub unit. If any member doesn't renew, will likely still be part of BP, just under another agency though, but YG won't disband them.

Twice, likely 1 to 3 members, probably Mina, Jeongyeon or Chaeyoung will not renew due health issues exclusively, doubt one of them wants to left the group for a solo career, jyp fucked up their peak time for a solo career, but I do see some members going into acting specially Dahyun, Tzuyu and Nayeon, and likely a sub unit with the members that choose to renew, maybee another sub unit of Sana and Momo letting them promote in jpn, and some solos osts of Nayeon and Jihyo. If jyp wants though, likely a digital single of either Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana.

RV won't disband but will be put into an hiatus, do not see the members not renewing, even with Irene hiatus due her scandal, being in SM rn is helpful for their solo careers, the group will start to have a comeback once in a year or every 18 months, not this year though, they will have a comeback around July/August and then likely Seulgi will make a solo debut, Joy and Yeri will be into acting and Wendy a possible comeback, Irene will still in hiatus but next year, will be sent into acting again, likely a drama or another movie.

• Twice will have 2-4 members leave probably, so idk if JYP will want to continue with them or not. I'd put it at 50 percent chance they fully disband. 100 percent chance that they won't have all 9 renew.

BP is a mystery to me. Some days I think they will definitely renew and others I think they definitely won't. Will probably depend on YG's offer.

I think Red Velvet will be like an SNSD situation or F(x) in that they never truly disband but it certainly feels like it.

RV will be in indefinite hiatus like SNSD.

I think Twice will lose Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Someone else mentioned Tzuyu and Mina but i actually think they might stay, both look as happy and relaxed as ever these days. I think Twice will become a legacy group like MMM where they comeback only once per year while members that want to will do solo activities.

For BP, i think Jennie transitions away from idol life and i dont know if BP would work as a 3 member group (personally i'd still stan them though). I think Rose will focus on her solo career, Jisoo on acting, and Lisa on a solo career as well.

• RV will be in indefinite hiatus like SNSD.

I think Twice will lose Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Someone else mentioned Tzuyu and Mina but i actually think they might stay, both look as happy and relaxed as ever these days. I think Twice will become a legacy group like MMM where they comeback only once per year while members that want to will do solo activities.

For BP, i think Jennie transitions away from idol life and i dont know if BP would work as a 3 member group (personally i'd still stan them though). I think Rose will focus on her solo career, Jisoo on acting, and Lisa on a solo career as well.

Blasphemy

I now see why they call u twice house lol

• RV will be in indefinite hiatus like SNSD.

despite the mismanagement in terms of the lack of comebacks, I think the girls are pretty comfortable in YGE. They aren't the typical idols anyway . They aren't really overworked and they seem to have more freedom than most idols, so why would they leave? I don't think jennie has shown signs of wanting to transition away from idol life.

• Honestly none will disband inmediately, maybe around 2nd round of contracts expiration, but not in the 1st, they will though be in big hiatus.

BP nope, the girls will likely renew with another contract that allows them to have more creative freedom and more control of release, meaning they would be able to have a word when they're gonna release music and do a comeback, this will mean though only 1 ot4 comeback a year, with a possible small tour, cause I see Chaennie wanting to be focus on their own music and projects, Jisoo will be keep booking kdramas while Lisa will may take a break to spend some time in Thailand, then taking focus on her music career, but I see her and Rosé or Jennie doing a sub unit. If any member doesn't renew, will likely still be part of BP, just under another agency though, but YG won't disband them.

Twice, likely 1 to 3 members, probably Mina, Jeongyeon or Chaeyoung will not renew due health issues exclusively, doubt one of them wants to left the group for a solo career, jyp fucked up their peak time for a solo career, but I do see some members going into acting specially Dahyun, Tzuyu and Nayeon, and likely a sub unit with the members that choose to renew, maybee another sub unit of Sana and Momo letting them promote in jpn, and some solos osts of Nayeon and Jihyo. If jyp wants though, likely a digital single of either Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana.

RV won't disband but will be put into an hiatus, do not see the members not renewing, even with Irene hiatus due her scandal, being in SM rn is helpful for their solo careers, the group will start to have a comeback once in a year or every 18 months, not this year though, they will have a comeback around July/August and then likely Seulgi will make a solo debut, Joy and Yeri will be into acting and Wendy a possible comeback, Irene will still in hiatus but next year, will be sent into acting again, likely a drama or another movie.

Tzuyu will definitely not renew. I'm pretty sure all money making members like Tzuyu, Sana, Momo etc won't renew. Only members like Dahyun etc will renew because she is useless out of her group and her selling point is the persona she created under Twice

• Using the past to make predictions.

RV will stay. They may just focus on individual activity for the unforeseeable future. SM just don't formally disband even if in practice it's basically disbanded. I think this is the safest bet judging from everyone's opinion.

I really don't want Twice to disband or even lose a member, but JYP has a horrible track record. I just don't wanna think about it. In my fan fic world, I just want them create their own company and stick together. However, I don't wanna face reality in this case. I can only hope Twice can be the exception to the JYP rule.

YG doesn't have a proper track record for GG to make a judgement. BP seems to not have reached their peak. If they were stable or declining, sure I could see some leaving, but that's not the case. If YG management has enough brain cells, they will extend their contract no matter the price.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!