Which song was responsible for getting you into kpop?

• I remember when anitta released a music video and i saw someone in the comments comparing it to got7s hard carry and i searched and i didnt like the song but i found jackson hot so i clicked other 2 songs by them so i could see more and then these songs got stuck in my head and i became addicted and kept coming back until i started checking other groups and watching varieties. Keep in mind got7 wasnt even what u call a bias group i just liked them. These are the songs responsible for the start of my kpop arc

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• External Content youtu.be

Not a fan of aiiyl but i can totally see why this song would bring more fans to kpop

External Content www.youtube.com

Taste

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I knew of k-pop back when B.A.P was at their prime - but i didn't understand the language so i didn't really get into them

but then my bestie LTMs_Sammi introduced me to

BTS - Fake Love and I got into kpop from there though I don't follow/stan BTS anymore

• External Content m.youtube.com

• I have several answers

2012-Psy’s Gangnam Style made me broadly aware of Kpop as a genre of music. I had known vaguely about it before due to wonder girls and the Jonas Brothers but didn’t care much until Psy.

2012-13 EXO debut. I didn’t really like EXO but my friend in high school was obsessed. She would listen to them often from their debut and I was there and liked their music. But I wasn’t generally a fan. But it was through this that I started to listen to Kpop music broadly. Mostly SM as EXO was from SM

2016- BP debuts. BP was the first group I found by myself in Kpop. Lisa was the first Kpop idol that I “Stanned” I guess you could say. I remember waiting to see BP debut song and also waiting to buy their first album release which was a Japanese release. I bought it as soon as it came out in 2017. Sadly it wasn’t my first Kpop album as that belongs to the group I consider my first Stanned Group.

2016: Twice Cheer Up. When Twice released Cheer Up is when I first started following them. So at this point I followed BP and Twice.I wouldn’t really call myself a Stan of either group but at this point I probably like BP more. However, I distinctly remember watching an episode of Weekly Idol for Cheer Up promotions. I just really liked them and was initially pulled in by Tzuyu. Then I watched Sixteen in the winter of 2016 and was hooked for good. I still liked BP and still do but Twice was the first group I would say I Stanned In the sense that I followed nearly everything they did. I watched every v live, from the first ones they did to the present time at that point. Which wasn’t an easy task as Twice went on Vlive so often.

So yeah that was my journey into Kpop.

From Wonder Girls giving me a vague notion of Kpop in around 2010 or so. To Psy making me realize the music is good. To EXO introducing me more broadly to a variety of groups mostly in SM. Then to BP which is the first group I followed on my own. Finally to Twice the first group I Stanned completely.

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• This DBSK song that I heard in a Final Fantasy X video. (it kinda was an AMV I watched)

I afterwards checked out songs like "Mirotic"

• Iconic

• External Content m.youtube.com

Oh wow you entered KPOP on SUCH A HIGH NOTE THIS IS PEAK PERFECTION

• That's actually funny

I remember i used to play on a website call "stardoll" and here i met a friend who start to tell me that she was asian and her cousin released a song in asia and she ask me to go watch it

So i thought sure, and the song was Bubble pop by Hyuna

And i thought it looked cheap, bad , and i thought she was just a nugu indi artist who struggled to get a nice MV

and then maybe 1 or 2 years later i was listening to a jpop group Perfume song , and i was attracted to a girls in the recommendations wearing a yellow taxi driver uniform

And when i clicked and listen to Snsd "Mr taxi" i instantely loved it

But i thought they were a jpop gg

So i just became obsess with them start to listen to more of their songs and dig deeper in kpop by reading profile, watching shows, listening to other kpop group

Funny thing is that Snsd is the group who introduce me to kpop and almost 12 years later they are still my ultimate bias

And the girl in yellow clothes who attracted my eyes was actually Sooyoung, who's still to this day my ult bias

I guess SNSD and me we were meant for each other

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• i had heard maybe 5 or 6 kpop songs before but nothing that made me curious, until i came across this video. i don't think without the video i would have been affected as deeply. I was watching it for like 6 hours when i found it and subsequently everything i could find on them and such for about the next year, though i was looking into kpop as a whole about a month after coming across this video.

• My first foray into kpop was after hearing this song. Unfortunately, I also found out about OT4 Kara and I enjoyed it way more than OT5, so I lost interest quickly.

The real deal came a decade later with K/DA, after laying my eyes on the charismatic monster Jeon Soyeon.

• Cabi song

• External Content www.youtube.com

loml

• Oh i think a lot of ppl became aware of kpop because of psy, my first introduction to kpop was actually shinee - lucifer when it had just released bc i had friends that liked them and couldnt stfu about it, but i didnt care about the song enough to chek anything else. I wonder if i heard ring ding dong first i would became a kpop stan much earlier bc i love that song

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It could have only been EXO Monster.

I’d been into kdramas since like 2013 and had exposure to the kpop scene but no one was interesting enough to ever grab my attention.

Then exo dropped monster and honestly there was no looking back at that point.

Understandable bc monster was one of my most played songs during my kpop newbie era too

JCsIq3Q.gif

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Thats insane lmao what a story like you met hyuna's cousin and thought bubble pop was shit ;( i used to play stardoll too but the first "promo by fans" (shinee lucifer) i saw was on an extinct social network called orkut

Its really cool how snsd became your ult group

I always thought thats exactly how u got into kpop. Bc of k/da. I like that I was right

really really by winner I remember one day scrolling through my tv channels and like a spanish channel was playing it. I went down the kpop rabbit hole for the first time then.

michael-jackson-i-love-this-song.gif

JCsIq3Q.gif

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• The one. The only.

• The first Korean song i listened was "Destiny" from Lee Sun Hee. I never knew why but the melody of the song was a built-in ringtone from my first phone.

I "discovered" kpop for the first time with "Haru Haru" from BIGBANG. I put "discover" in parentheses because I liked the song but I didn't pay much attention to kpop, it was just a song that I liked.

I really got into kpop around the time Hyuna's "Change" came out. And she’s actually the first K artist I stanned.

This and crazy by 4minute were my most played gg songs in my first months of getting into kpop

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!