no one mention G-IDLE when you guys talk about top 3 4th GG

• guys, g-idle charted better than itzy. they actually touched #1 with hwaa

with right song for their next comeback, they will be unstopable

and they have visual like shuhua yuqi and miyeon that will make korean fall in love more with g-idle. YG will regret it for kicked miyeon.

and of course, our best rapper soyeon will make other rapper look like a baby try to talk

(idk about vocal tho, i hope they will show us their strength on vocal soon)

keep anticipate GIDLE AND RED VELVET FOR CLEAR SKIN AND EARS!

762c603111888e12f21e6ae21a237e59.gif

• everyone did.

and then soojin accusations happened and gidle pretty much went mia </3

but they performed for the first time in a long time a few days ago. they're recovering! anticipate an amazing comeback <3

• their name is fitting cause they've been idle for a year now

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just appreciate the music and performance.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well thats great and all but they havent had a comeback in a year...

Maybe Cube is trying to copy the YG strategy.

• As long as they have Soyeon, they will be fine.

I don't know the members but it's just my irrelevant feelings that could be totally wrong. I always felt they had a "bond", don't necessarily mean "besties" or "sisters" but some gave loyal vibes. IDK how to describe it but I feel like they needed time after Soojin got forced out. I would hate performing and hate the people who cheer for me while cursing my teammate if I were in their shoes.

lt64IYu.gif

• I don't consider them 4th gen.

4th gen started in late 2019 per my standards

• sorry but I don't see them being top 3 for 4th gen if they count as 4th gen at all. Especially with jypn, yg gg and hybe girlgroups debuting soon. Other girlgroups have higher chancer to peak. I don't see much growth happening for g-idle if I'm being honest or at least not enough to be top 3.

• They don't seem like a 4th gen group, same as how exid doesn't seem like a 3rd gen group

And I think many expect other groups to surpass them

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 3 times, last by lialve ().

• sometimes I think Gidle debuted a bit early they are in that awkward position that they aren't really considered 4th gen like let's say itzy, aespa, stayc, weekly, ive etc most popular 4th girl groups debuted in 2000 I think itzy and everglow are the exception.

G-idle are considered 4th gen for most people, in fact they were the only gg that could rival Itzy on early 4th gen, they also got even more hype after Queendom, but the Soojin situation and this hiatus has just killed their momentum... Cube really doesn't know what they are doing, they are turning into Woollim 2.0

• Is it so important to be recognized as top 3 or whatever? (G)I-DLE have been doing their thing since their debut, they achieved unexpected success with songs that are very much of their own, they're recognized for their individual talents... I think it's enough to warrant respect.

There are many groups in the industry you could swap the songs (the members even) from one to another and you wouldn't see much difference in the final result. (G)I-DLE is not one of them. They're one of a kind and I think they'll go down as such in kpop history.

• It looks like it's time to bring out the chart again:

1592030135-1.jpg

As we can see here, EXID is generally considered a Second Generation group.

that could be true, but I can't help that when I think of 4th gen, I think of girlgroups that debuted after itzy. sorry can't help it. I also think it's weird that ladies code who debuted in 2013 are 2nd gen but g idle who debuted in 2018 is 4th gen

• they used to do well but they kinda fell off ngl with soojin's scandal and her leaving the band.

plus it doesn't help that they haven't released anything in a year.

nonetheless, soyeon was and is still carrying that group's popularity. miyeon is also getting more popular in skorea these days.

• Why people keep saying Soyeon is hard carrying the group it’s not true lol she isn’t even the most popular like Miyeon is the most popular in Korea, Soojin was the stan attractor and Yuki has the biggest fandom. Gidle are a concept-less like I agree Soyeon plays a huge part but as long they put quality music they will survive no matter what. I don’t think they lost their fanbase, the members are pretty active individually, and they seem to do a lot of ot5 projects lately I’m sure they will cb in March/April. Don’t know about the Korean gp so...

• It looks like it's time to bring out the chart again:

1592030135-1.jpg

As we can see here, EXID is generally considered a Second Generation group.

this doesn't mean much tbh there are mixed opinions of which groups that are considered 4th gen even knetz only consider groups that debuted in 2019 4th gen

• this doesn't mean much tbh there are mixed opinions of which groups that are considered 4th gen even knetz only consider groups that debuted in 2019 4th gen

Wait I looked up and Gidle debuted in May 2018 before DDDD no way they 4th gen lol especially when their concepts are more similar to 3rd gen than 4th gen.

I think it depends like Exo and bts respectively debuted in 2012 and 2013 when 2nd gen groups were dominating while groups like G friend and twice dominated in 2016. But we can’t say Exo and BTS are 2nd gen so...

• Is it so important to be recognized as top 3 or whatever? (G)I-DLE have been doing their thing since their debut, they achieved unexpected success with songs that are very much of their own, they're recognized for their individual talents... I think it's enough to warrant respect.

There are many groups in the industry you could swap the songs (the members even) from one to another and you wouldn't see much difference in the final result. (G)I-DLE is not one of them. They're one of a kind and I think they'll go down as such in kpop history.

yes, important. lets not talk about top 3, gidle really got 0 hype right now, idk if their fans dont hype them up anymore or other gg stole their fans. i mean really, no one talk about gidle anymore.

after all debut and comeback that pretty much they did on their own and got such achievement and now everyone think they are less than stayc, maybe i am the only one that arent okay with that

and about history... did you even read the title?

• yes, important. lets not talk about top 3, gidle really got 0 hype right now, idk if their fans dont hype them up anymore or other gg stole their fans. i mean really, no one talk about gidle anymore.

after all debut and comeback that pretty much they did on their own and got such achievement and now everyone think they are less than stayc, maybe i am the only one that arent okay with that

and about history... did you even read the title?

Dude they flew to Dubai for a kpop concert a week ago and they will headline a big kpop concert in Europe in May. The only reason you feel they have zero hype is because they don't have announced a comeback yet. But we all know it's coming. Plus, the members still receive attention individually, like Soyeon who makes the news everytime she appears in MBC My Teenage Girl for example.

If some people think they're below STAYC according to whatever metric they favor, so be it. It's not a big deal. They're doing their own thing and that's ok.

• Soojin's issue legit killed all momentum the group was gaining in Korea., and then the entire group just went on hiatus. This next comeback will be important for sure.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!