Like How Was This An Scandal? I thought of this when talking about favorite BG rappers earlier, and how TOP is literally the only scandal-less member of Bigbang. Because I do not count this as an scandal. I think it is horrible that people considered this disgraceful for him to do and shamed him for being depressed.
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+34,476, -1,081] What are you doing? You need to be showing that you're reflecting for all the kids who had dreams because of you
2. [+17,465, -469] Hul
3. [+16,219, -645] Was this a suicide attempt...?
4. [+10,302, -347] Hul...
5. [+8,894, -331] We told you to reflect, not kill yourself
6. [+6,827, -198] He seems to have a weaker mentality than GD... anyway, stay alive and work hard to pay back your crime...
7. [+6,066, -107] Drug use always comes with such a tragic end... don't do drugs
8. [+6,194, -221] If only he apologized with the same bravery he had to attempt suicide
9. [+5,558, -145] Seems he's really weak mentally... pay the price of your crime, not with your life though
10. [+5,465, -182] Idiot, you committed a wrong but it's not like you killed someone. Just pay the price of your crime, apologize, and reenlist in the army. Don't kill yourself over it.
1. [+530, -51] This is all just a show. He took some sleeping pills and overnapped, why is YG media playing over this?
2. [+499, -33] But is it possible to overdose on medication in the army?? This is weird
3. [+455, -45] Seems like a show
4. [+33, -9] What a nuisance... now his unit's going to be ripped apart because of him
5. [+30, -5] Since when did our army allow soldiers to keep medication with them? Enough medication to overdose on? If this isn't a show, then that unit needs to be investigated. How lax are they with management that this can happen?
1. [+3,620, -425] So this is why he was smiling earlier today... Just get some mental help. It's not anything to be embarrassed of these days.
2. [+3,527, -560] I honestly have no sympathy for him... He did nothing good for himself. Why was he even smiling earlier?
3. [+3,386, -651] Stop putting on a show
4. [+400, -34] He's the one who chose to smoke marijuana, he's the one who chose to smile in front of the cameras, he's the one who chose to do this suicide attempt. He's not worthy at all for the public to worry about. He's responsible for his own life.
5. [+392, -35] He was smiling yesterday because he was imagining of playing out this exact scenario
Article: 'Overdosed' Big Bang TOP seems to have regained consciousness
Source: News 1 via Nate
1. [+1,073, -107] Told you this was all just a show. All of you idiots who are already fooled by him whining about how we should make sure he's alive first ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+991, -67] I see this as nothing but media play. YG keeps putting out provocative titles to get the sympathy of the public. It's only the stupid fangirls who are probably sobbing over this that the tactic will work on. It's a repertoire that YG has used before with Park Bom's friend who commit suicide.
3. [+911, -67] Already knew it
4. [+101, -2] Oh did our little druggie wake up from his nap~?
5. [+99, -5] So he was discovered in the morning unconscious, taken to the hospital, moved to the intensive care unit at 5 pm... pretty obvious that this was a mini scenario set up and all he did was take a few sleeping pills. This is why he was smiling yesterday... YG's always obvious with how they handle scandals. And it always works with the stupid fangirls ㅋㅋㅋ
Article: TOP's close rep, "He was prescribed drugs for panic disorder + depression"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+1,103, -55] So he's been suffering from panic disorders and depression and being prescribed medication for them for a long time. How int he world did he get into the police unit then???? This is another scandal for the military then. You idiot... I get that you put on a show and you have to go through with it now but this is just stupid.
2. [+960, -30] I served active duty so I'm not sure how it works with the police unit and all but they let soldiers have all their medication at once like this? They let them have an amount that can cause an overdose? Active duty soldiers are never able to keep their own medication and are only given an allotted amount each day, which you're supposed to report to your leader after taking.
3. [+864, -55] Enough with this ploy for sympathy. Just take the punishment you deserve once you get better.
4. [+76, -6] I don't even feel bad for him. He was the one smoking marijuana with a 21 year old girl at home, now he's trying to commit suicide to evade responsibility? No sympathy
5. [+70, -3] I guess panic disorders and depressions are the new cool things to have
1. [+1,898, -80] He did this before after his break up with Shin Min Ah... he seems to go through a rollercoaster of emotions, doesn't seem normal at all. I knew he needed mental help when he was smiling in yesterday's pictures.
2. [+1,563, -133] To be completely honest, this whole thing is weird. He was found unconscious inside his unit after overdosing on his medication but the police haven't given out a statement and it's all been YG controlling everything in the media. Is this normal? If his unit discovered him, they're responsible for getting him hospitalized and then reporting to his agency... but the agency was faster at reporting the statement than the police. Or are the police a part of this entire show too?
3. [+672, -48] YG has started turning the gears in their heads
4. [+108, -24] Sorry but I feel no sympathy
5. [+106, -12] He'll be back to normal in no time. This is just all a show to evade responsibility.
Article: TOP hospitalized, security heightened at the hospital
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+628, -39] Does having a panic disorder excuse you from doing drugs? Over 70% of this country suffers from panic disorders... don't justify your drug use like you're the only one who suffers from it and take the punishment you deserve.
2. [+549, -54] The show must go on~~~~~~ his life isn't at risk here~
3. [+513, -60] He's probably eating fried chicken while checking out the comments right now
4. [+44, -6] What security is being heightened to protect this criminal?
5. [+31, -4] I thought the story was believable at first... but now that I think about it, it's not plausible at all. How much medication was he allowed to keep inside his unit that he was able to overdose on it? And why does having a panic disorder and depression make marijuana use okay?
If I see one person mentioning how he is a horrible person still for this when he comes back with BB I will go into an rant on educating people on how mental health works and how it is not equally shameful to someone harming someone else. He literally blames himself for not reaching out to Hara fast enough when he was dealing with his own depression and already struggles enough with this, I really wish Korea would stop shaming him for it. He has spent so much time in interviews trying to be reasonable with people when his members do stupid things to try to maintain his group's legacy. There is no reason for the hate he gets.