SM hasn't had that strong hold in Japan for a long time and now they actually have a chance

• all of these are achieved without japan promo:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

still charting until now

FJXARKjaIAUZ96B?format=jpg&name=900x900

46,6M views for fuyuko hashtag (winter nickname) in japan tiktok

japanese gamer , esport gamer, japanese idol are taking an interest in particular Winter and to the extent Karina. Some of the example:

FFhPKfLVUAUQp96?format=jpg&name=medium

FF0ydKrVcAQeKuA?format=png&name=small

FEoSYkdXsAM7yuv?format=jpg&name=medium

FE5Us8uWYAsdnXK?format=jpg&name=medium

FJJPxRYaQAYrg2N?format=jpg&name=large

Karina & winter are ranked very high in ongoing Nehannn voting poll (Japan most popular idol voting website)

FJbvY5nXwAIHvO1?format=jpg&name=large

their latest SMCU winter album still charting in Ktown Japan

Japanese people seems to be already very curious about them. Subjects related to aespa are popular lately. Instead of obsessing with America better look at his huge potential in Japan market

FJlPeggUUAgXxBm?format=jpg&name=large

• honestly i think SM didn't expect Aespa to rise so fast and become so huge in multiple market in less than a year

the fact that they are still charting on BB japan artist and hot 100 months after the release of Savage is crazy :woow:

especially considering too that they are never promoting in japan

i think the day that SM send them in Japan they'll do even better, it's clear that japanese people are asking for more aespa and SM better hurry to answer their love call

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• also,

Tokyo dome :pepe-shades:

with how powerful aespa manifestation are, we can see these wish fulfilled sooner or later :pepegrin:

• And let's not forget Winter being the one of only 2 4th gen female idols being in the t10 most searched female idols in Japan for 2021. They're doing pretty well for a group who hasn't stepped a foot in the country.

Japan hasn't been a priority for SM since the 2nd gen, when SNSD and TVXQ did well there. SHINee did well too iirc. They've let go of their focus there to focus more on China & America.

SM needs to let go of his obsession with America where his acts have .1% chance of properly breaking through and focus on their potential in places where they're already showing signs of doing well. They're already the biggest 4th gen GG in China & Korea, once they start focusing on Japan it's over for everyone.

• +++

Winter makeup & hairstyle also becoming hot topics in japan

External Content youtu.be

If you search her japanese tags in twitter

Screenshot_20220121-113252_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220121-113339_Twitter.jpg

Her satoori clips translated into japanese mamaged to get 1.1m views in 2 months

• Nct 127 is also about to have a Dome tour on Japan so it's not like they were inexistent.

It's true SM doesn't focus that much on Japan but they are not doing that bad. They dropped the ball on early 3rd gen though when for some reason they barely promoted exo and red velvet there. They seem to be recovering a little.

• Doubt SM will send them there. This has been the case for some years now their acts always show promising results in Japan and then never promote there doubt it’ll chnage worth aespa.

EXO were the youngest group of their time to have a dome tour

LMR Japanese version topped BB100 and Korean version also charted in their top 40 for a considerable amount of time.

Their debut single album was certified platinum.

They had everything going for them in 2014-15 and SM did nothing with that.

• www1717

Changed the title of the thread from “SM hasn't had that strong hold in Japan in a long time and now they actually have a chance..” to “SM hasn't had that strong hold in Japan for a long time and now they actually have a chance”.
  • Nct 127 is also about to have a Dome tour on Japan so it's not like they were inexistent.

It's true SM doesn't focus that much on Japan but they are not doing that bad. They dropped the ball on early 3rd gen though when for some reason they barely promoted exo and red velvet there. They seem to be recovering a little.

I was pointing out on aespa have huge potential in japanese market . Look at the receipts in here, I haven't see it for a long time on how a SM group could have massive interest in Japan even before they are stepping foot in there. Usually BH and JYP groups garnering more interest than SM group.

Doubt SM will send them there. This has been the case for some years now their acts always show promising results in Japan and then never promote there doubt it’ll chnage worth aespa.

I also think the same. Mabe few years later they will going there with half ass promo just like their senior doing these years. It's a mystery to me on why SM stop giving a damn in japanese market and continue their obsession with the west.

Hopefully SM staffs stumbled upon this thread and changes their mind ^^

• I was pointing out on aespa have huge potential in japanese market . Look at the receipts in here, I haven't see it for a long time on how a SM group could have massive interest in Japan even before they are stepping foot in there. Usually BH and JYP groups garnering more interest than SM group.

I also think the same. Mabe few years later they will going there with half ass promo just like their senior doing these years. It's a mystery to me on why SM stop giving a damn in japanese market and continue their obsession with the west.

Hopefully SM staffs stumbled upon this thread and changes their mind ^^

IKR it makes no sense. But with Chinese market completely down unlike with the case of during RV and EXO’s time maybe they’ll promote Aespa there? Idk idk. Japan is such an important market and SM stays away from it.

• IKR it makes no sense. But with Chinese market completely down unlike with the case of during RV and EXO’s time maybe they’ll promote Aespa there? Idk idk. Japan is such an important market and SM stays away from it.

I don't know what in SM's head . They always failed in their western advancements but haven't give up until now. I feel like aespa will be send to the west rather than Japan since last year they're signed with CAA also on how they bragged aespa being the fastest to chart in BB200. Maybe they'll see this is as a chance again

• I was pointing out on aespa have huge potential in japanese market . Look at the receipts in here, I haven't see it for a long time on how a SM group could have massive interest in Japan even before they are stepping foot in there. Usually BH and JYP groups garnering more interest than SM group.

Yeah that's a good signal, because as you said JYP and Hybe have more presence there. Just pointing out that it's not that SM groups barely have fans on Japan, but that SM makes very low efforts when it comes to jp promo, Iast 127 comeback with Gimme Gimme they gave them like 1 set, cool camera transitions, 50$ and a dream and they still can tour decently, so I hope Aespa succeeds as well.

• 3rd time in a row that the Winter magazine is restock and 3rd time in a row that it's sell out ;(

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!