Do you still think Bahiyyih’s popularity is due to Huening Kai?

• It seems Bahiyyih is the most popular in Kep1er: her stans buy the most album, highest fancam views, most popular on Twitter,… however, Huening Kai is one of the least popular in Txt, so does she owe her popularity to her brother or not?

• Blatantly obvious.

It makes me laugh when people try to say all trainees have privilege. “yUJiN hAs cLC pRiViLEgE” GIRL BYE. as if CLC EVER WAS SUCCESSFUL. LMFAOOO.

Or they wanna bring up a company a certain idol was from.

Shit is irrelevant

BTS is the biggest BG in the world. And their brother group will inevitably get clout. Hence why Bahiyyih is getting this amount of success.

I don’t wanna bash her for this since it’s not her fault. But kpop fans need to stop their blatant false equivalences. It gives me secondhand embarrassment

• Well, if it's true that Bahiyyih is the most popular one in the group, having the most views and selling the most albums, then it's a good thing that the group's company is extra promoting some of the other members like in the other thread was suggested, to even the odds and prevent it from becoming 'idol A and the girls' right from the start? :whatb:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Its hard where to draw the line with this kind of things .

And the lines will get more blurry as times went on.

Coz the beginning hype from heuning kai definitely drive more people that watch gp999. But don't know who's Kai Is but check her out coz of the hype from fans .

• Is there any proof for this?

I think it's between her and Xiaoting's fanbase. Their photocards are most expensive, which indicates collectors which indicates fans who spend money.

Then Chaehyun who's got the biggest Korean fanbase, but isn't as popular with ifans as the other two.

• Whether its true or not, this narrative is going to follow her for a very long time so might as well just embrace it.

But whats annoying is her haters mentioning kai every single time someone praise her even a little bit.

• yes

i dont watch these shows but the internet was full of people praising many trainees with no mention of that girl except hype from TXT fans until the final when she suddenly won and a lot of outrage from the people watching the show while TXT fans defending her

it was a shitshow but yeah many people ( probably rightfully ) felt she shouldnt belong there but as usual, she's gonna sell and they're gonna keep her so.....

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I think it's between her and Xiaoting's fanbase. Their photocards are most expensive, which indicates collectors which indicates fans who spend money.

Then Chaehyun who's got the biggest Korean fanbase, but isn't as popular with ifans as the other two.

What about the Japanese members? I always thought Kep1er was bigger over there and expected sales from japan.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• Whether its true or not, this narrative is going to follow her for a very long time so might as well just embrace it.

But whats annoying is her haters mentioning kai every single time someone praise her even a little bit.

And ironically, that's how TXT even after 3 years, people still mention BTS after their name....

Bahiyyih standing by her own right now, see how many threads people make about her today and I'm surprised there're many GG stans support her. I don't stan Kep1er, but I hope her group to be successful and she stays strong with the amount of hate she received until today....

• I think it's the other way around, most don't take into account the power of TXT just because it comes from BH, but when Bahiyyih participated in that show they noticed that MOA is powerful. But MOA is still a small fandom and it is thanks to Bahiyyih that everyone is talking about the Huening brothers and their power. Yes, Mnet did not give her screen time and some Stan from HYBE or MOAS protected her from hatred and became fans but entertainment companies know of her popularity (except Mnet) right now KBS uses her image and gave her more screen time . HER PERSONALITY IS WHAT FANS ATTRACTS, if she was like the other idols she would be a bunch.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ofc 😭 did u watch the show? She didnt stand out at any point, she never took on a main role and she never tried to take a main role. There weren't any funny, cute or sad moments of her. She stayed in the background, showed nothing special (not hating) and got into the group 😬

However that's in the past and she is in the group, shes crazy popular and I like watching her fancams.

• It's obvious. I mean she is really talented but we all see much more talented members on the team that don't get half the hype she gets. Idk why people try to deny the exposure and the fact many people hype her up because of kai's relation

• I can understand if people think so. I mean she & Chaewon are the only two contestants in MNet female survival show's history who made it into the lineup without making in the top <insert number of people in the group> throughout the show. The thing is she ended up #2 with the most votes in the final. But she never got enough votes before the final to even make into top 9. She might have probably impressed alot of people before the final voting but I do understand who think like you said.

But that is not her fault and she shouldn't get any hate for this. The group is ready and have a successful debut already and are going to promote for the next 2.5 years. The actual group's fans have also warmed up to her as far as I know.

So I don't know why this narrative suddenly started coming back. I read somewhere that her solo stans are calling the group as "her and her friends" because she has lot more views and likes on her fancam than others. The actual group's fans who are getting used to the lineup are definitely not gonna like this type of stuff being said by solo stans about the group they like. I mean I wouldn't like it if solo stans called BTS like that. Also she already isn't one of the most popular members amongst the actual group's fans. I think her solo stans need to understand that this is only gonna get her hate even more. So her solos should take it slow and enjoy it rather than ruining this. Because it was going good I feel. Idk cmiiiw.

• Absolutely yes.

She did nothing in GP999 to have gotten the level of fandom she has organically.
    I truly believe that there is no way at all she would be this popular if she had no famous family member.

In fact, she wouldn't have even debuted honestly.

I checked her out because of the hate. without them, from the get-go being vile I agree she would not have made it. I anti bts and have never listened to txt so it is kinda funny how I defend bahiyyih

• I can understand if people think so. I mean she & Chaewon are the only two contestants in MNet female survival show's history who made it into the lineup without making in the top <insert number of people in the group> throughout the show. The thing is she ended up #2 with the most votes in the final. But she never got enough votes before the final to even make into top 9. She might have probably impressed alot of people before the final voting but I do understand who think like you said.

But that is not her fault and she shouldn't get any hate for this. The group is ready and have a successful debut already and are going to promote for the next 2.5 years. The actual group's fans have also warmed up to her as far as I know.

So I don't know why this narrative suddenly started coming back. I read somewhere that her solo stans are calling the group as "her and her friends" because she has lot more views and likes on her fancam than others. The actual group's fans who are getting used to the lineup are definitely not gonna like this type of stuff being said by solo stans about the group they like. I mean I wouldn't like it if solo stans called BTS like that. Also she already isn't one of the most popular members amongst the actual group's fans. I think her solo stans need to understand that this is only gonna get her hate even more. So her solos should take it slow and enjoy it rather than ruining this. Because it was going good I feel. Idk cmiiiw.

She was never in the top 9 because she has solo fans, not casual fans. when you get to one pick that's when you really see it. Oh no, there are 0t8 fans that are absolutely vile to her and they are VERY vocal. I casually follow her but I know quite a few fans are 0t9 and I guess the others are solo stans

• Her popularity comes from being kai's sister+ it's literally a mnet survival show gg (where she was used as clickbait) + being the center of hate from every side therefore getting the limelight. Kai is the least popular txt member and her fancam views surpass his by huge margins, can't be just due to moas. She's charming and one of the fan attractors for the group. I don't know much about kepler or her but people need to give her some time.

• I've seen many ARMYs show sympathy towards her bc of all the hate she gets. So I would initially say yes, her brother's association did help her a lot in getting recognized, but most seem to support her because of sympathy now. Not to mention, her looks stand out more than the other members and she's easily recognizable.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Didn’t want to participate because we got at least 6 threads about this topic.

But I really don’t care some people are delusional. Know nothing about txt and Kai but just because he is the least popular doesn’t mean he is some unknown artist. TXT are among the most popular groups if it was another member’s sister it wouldn’t have made such difference because the sister in question would have made it.

Again you can debate after the group debut

I will say it again Bahi has her own fandom.

But during the pre-debut Bahi had barely any screen times she wasn’t showed down to everyone throats unlike her label mates so it’s still weird that she managed to be #2. It isn’t a coincidence, she got clout from her brother I’m not forgetting when some fans were saying but no she didn’t make it because of her brother !!! and some were making threads about how she deserved place without watching a single episode of 999, and it was that fandom. So yes she gained enough clout from her brother. However it will say not like that in the long run she will have her own fandom and it started with their debut.

• I've seen many ARMYs show sympathy towards her bc of all the hate she gets. So I would initially say yes, her brother's association did help her a lot in getting recognized, but most seem to support her because of sympathy now. Not to mention, her looks stand out more than the other members and she's easily recognizable.

her popularity might have come for her bother initially, but that was like a while back, the first time I heard of her was when people found out about her auditioning to YG in 2020.

Back then I was a little interested in the upcoming YG's girl group (when I thought they still had some of the original members) I was curious so I also started to follow accounts related to her and one with her sister.

I would say she has her own fanbase way before people knew about girls planet 999 so it's not surprising to me she is one of the most popular in addition to people sympathizing with her.

• her popularity might have come for her bother initially, but that was like a while back, the first time I heard of her was when people found out about her auditioning to YG in 2020.

Back then I was a little interested in the upcoming YG's girl group (when I thought they still had some of the original members) I was curious so I also started to follow an accounts related to her and one with her sister.

I would say she has her own fanbase way before people knew about girls planet 999 so it's not surprising to me she is one of the most popular in addition to people sympathizing with her.

yeah, it's kinda like a mix of factors. Won't deny she was one of the members I was looking forward to before the show.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I didn't watch the show and don't really follow girl groups. I don't know a single other girl's name in Kepler but I did check her our cuz of her brother. *shrug* Doesn't mean I'm going to become her fan, but I do think the exposure did give her an advantage. She'll have to prove herself going forward.

• Of course it is but people shouldn't hate on her because is not really her fault, but it's obvious that if she wasn't Kai's brother she wouldn't have debuted, the show pointed out they were sibilings so is not like they tried to hide it, they obviously wanted the clout and there is a video of Kai reacting to Kep1er (which idk if it's real or not because i only saw the thumbnail and wasn't interesed enough to check it out)

I just hope her skills improve because i have showed kep1er debut to a few people one of them got interested in them so she checked out her live performance and she pointed out the blond girl making mistakes already and another one i showed them the shine performance and she said they looked good but the blonde girl in white outfit looks like she doesn't belong there so let's hope she improves her skills

• Of course it is but people shouldn't hate on her because is not really her fault, but it's obvious that if she wasn't Kai's brother she wouldn't have debuted, the show pointed out they were sibilings so is not like they tried to hide it, they obviously wanted the clout and there is a video of Kai reacting to Kep1er (which idk if it's real or not because i only saw the thumbnail and wasn't interesed enough to check it out)

I just hope her skills improve because i have showed kep1er debut to a few people one of them got interested in them so she checked out her live performance and she pointed out the blond girl making mistakes already and another one i showed them the shine performance and she said they looked good but the blonde girl in white outfit looks like she doesn't belong there so let's hope she improves her skills

she's not making mistakes she does a different move during her adlibs, but since she never gets a close up it looks odd and like she's making a mistake.

• she's not making mistakes she does a different move during her adlibs, but since she never gets a close up it looks odd and like she's making a mistake.

Sorry i just said what my friend told me but it's good to know that she didn't make mistakes like i said i do think she needs more skills and her brother help her debut but i don't hate her i think she has a nice personality and she is gorgeous and she does need more skills but that doesn't mean she is awful or anything just need a bit more work

• Her fancams have more views than Huening Kai's. I think the answer here is obvious.

If you think Moas pay more attention their their fav's sister than their favs themselves then you are delusional.

DO NOT BE DELUSIONAL. FANCAM VIEWS DOES NOT EQUAL POPULARITY. She has more views then yeonjun now and he is the most popular member of TXT. Are you going to say she is more popular then yeonjun because of views? NO because not everyone watches fancams. Hiyyih barely had any screentime in the show or lines in their new song so obviously people want to watch to acrually see her. Just becuase he has more views then Kia does not mean she has a bigger fanbase then Kai. Kai might be the most underrated in TXT but TXT is alot more popular then kepler so kai is VERY POPULAR. Lets be honest her, if it was not for Kai she would have have as much attention as she got and she probably would not have debuted. I voted for her eveyday because of Kai and i know many moas that did the same. She did not get enough screentime to have a strong enough fandom to debut without Kai and thats the reality of it. She is very talented but 80% of her fandom is because of Kai whether people found her becuase of the hate comments or not it all leads back to Kai because the hate was because of her being Kais sister. She is talented and lovely but its not that hard to admit that majority of her fandom is becuase of Kai one way or another. They do not have to be MOAS, it can be because of Kai in any other way. She is slowly building her own fanbase and priving herself so instead of making up excuses by discrediting Kai just admit the truth and let her prove herself. Fancam views does not equal popularity, she has more views then many popular idols so are you going to say those idols are not popular? NO because not everyone watches fancams and fyi txt debut fancams had ALOT of views aswell. Kai is overall VERY POPULAR even if he is the most underrated he is not some unknown artist but VERY WELL KNOWN. Jhope is the least popular of bts but does that mean he is not very popular? NOPE. Least popular does not mean OVERALL VERY POPULAR.

• DO NOT BE DELUSIONAL. FANCAM VIEWS DOES NOT EQUAL POPULARITY. She has more views then yeonjun now and he is the most popular member of TXT. Are you going to say she is more popular then yeonjun because of views? NO because not everyone watches fancams. Hiyyih barely had any screentime in the show or lines in their new song so obviously people want to watch to acrually see her. Just becuase he has more views then Kia does not mean she has a bigger fanbase then Kai. Kai might be the most underrated in TXT but TXT is alot more popular then kepler so kai is VERY POPULAR. Lets be honest her, if it was not for Kai she would have have as much attention as she got and she probably would not have debuted. I voted for her eveyday because of Kai and i know many moas that did the same. She did not get enough screentime to have a strong enough fandom to debut without Kai and thats the reality of it. She is very talented but 80% of her fandom is because of Kai whether people found her becuase of the hate comments or not it all leads back to Kai because the hate was because of her being Kais sister. She is talented and lovely but its not that hard to admit that majority of her fandom is becuase of Kai one way or another. They do not have to be MOAS, it can be because of Kai in any other way. She is slowly building her own fanbase and priving herself so instead of making up excuses by discrediting Kai just admit the truth and let her prove herself. Fancam views does not equal popularity, she has more views then many popular idols so are you going to say those idols are not popular? NO because not everyone watches fancams and fyi txt debut fancams had ALOT of views aswell. Kai is overall VERY POPULAR even if he is the most underrated he is not some unknown artist but VERY WELL KNOWN. Jhope is the least popular of bts but does that mean he is not very popular? NOPE. Least popular does not mean OVERALL VERY POPULAR.

I mean this in the nicest way possible - line breaks please.

• huening kai isnt even the most popular in txt, and bahiyyih has more fancam views than him. so no, her popularity is NOT due to her brother and she clearly has her own fanbase

DO NOT BE DELUSIONAL. Yes hiyyih is slowly building her own fanbase now but 80% of her popularity is because of kai, the reason she debuted is mainly because of Kai. Not being the most popular in TXT does not mean not popular at all. HE IS VERY POPULAR AND WELL KNOWN BY PEOPLE EVEN OUTSIDE OF THE FANDOM. Her attention during the show was because of Kai so majority of her popularity is infact because of Kai and its reallY not a bad thing to admit. I LOVE HER BUT I VOTED FOR HER BECAUSE OF KAI AND SO DID MANY OTHER PEOPLE. You cannot say she has her own fanbase without crediting Kai when her attention was cause of Kai and the main reason she debuted. FANCAM VIEWS DOES NOT EQUAL POPULARITY. She has more views then yeonjun now and he is the most popular member of TXT. Are you going to say she is more popular then yeonjun because of views? NO because not everyone watches fancams. Hiyyih barely had any screentime in the show or lines in their new song so obviously people want to watch to acrually see her. Just becuase she has more views than Kai does not mean she has a bigger fanbase than Kai. Kai might be the most underrated in TXT but TXT is alot more popular then kepler so kai is VERY POPULAR. Lets be honest here, if it was not for Kai she would not have as much attention as she got and she probably would not have debuted. I voted for her eveyday because of Kai and i know many moas that did the same. She did not get enough screentime to have a strong enough fandom to debut without Kai and thats the reality of it. She is very talented but 80% of her fandom is because of Kai whether people found her because of the hate comments or not it all leads back to Kai because the hate was because of her being Kais sister. She is talented and lovely but its not that hard to admit that majority of her fandom is because of Kai one way or another. They do not have to be MOAS, it can be because of Kai in any other way. She is slowly building her own fanbase and proving herself so instead of making up excuses by discrediting Kai just admit the truth and let her prove herself. Fancam views does not equal popularity, she has more views then many popular idols so are you going to say those idols are not popular? NO because not everyone watches fancams and fyi txt debut fancams had ALOT of views aswell. Kai is overall VERY POPULAR even if he is the most underrated he is not some unknown artist but VERY WELL KNOWN. Jhope is the least popular of bts but does that mean he is not very popular? NOPE. Least popular does not mean OVERALL not VERY POPULAR.

• DO NOT BE DELUSIONAL. Yes hiyyih is slowly building her own fanbase now but 80% of her popularity is because of kai, the reason she debuted is mainly because of Kai. Not being the most popular in TXT does not mean not popular at all. HE IS VERY POPULAR AND WELL KNOWN BY PEOPLE EVEN OUTSIDE OF THE FANDOM. Her attention during the show was because of Kai so majority of her popularity is infact because of Kai and its reallY not a bad thing to admit. I LOVE HER BUT I VOTED FOR HER BECAUSE OF KAI AND SO DID MANY OTHER PEOPLE. You cannot say she has her own fanbase without crediting Kai when her attention was cause of Kai and the main reason she debuted. FANCAM VIEWS DOES NOT EQUAL POPULARITY. She has more views then yeonjun now and he is the most popular member of TXT. Are you going to say she is more popular then yeonjun because of views? NO because not everyone watches fancams. Hiyyih barely had any screentime in the show or lines in their new song so obviously people want to watch to acrually see her. Just becuase she has more views than Kai does not mean she has a bigger fanbase than Kai. Kai might be the most underrated in TXT but TXT is alot more popular then kepler so kai is VERY POPULAR. Lets be honest here, if it was not for Kai she would not have as much attention as she got and she probably would not have debuted. I voted for her eveyday because of Kai and i know many moas that did the same. She did not get enough screentime to have a strong enough fandom to debut without Kai and thats the reality of it. She is very talented but 80% of her fandom is because of Kai whether people found her because of the hate comments or not it all leads back to Kai because the hate was because of her being Kais sister. She is talented and lovely but its not that hard to admit that majority of her fandom is because of Kai one way or another. They do not have to be MOAS, it can be because of Kai in any other way. She is slowly building her own fanbase and proving herself so instead of making up excuses by discrediting Kai just admit the truth and let her prove herself. Fancam views does not equal popularity, she has more views then many popular idols so are you going to say those idols are not popular? NO because not everyone watches fancams and fyi txt debut fancams had ALOT of views aswell. Kai is overall VERY POPULAR even if he is the most underrated he is not some unknown artist but VERY WELL KNOWN. Jhope is the least popular of bts but does that mean he is not very popular? NOPE. Least popular does not mean OVERALL not VERY POPULAR.

oh boy are persistent

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!